Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Camp 914
MrLeeS
post Jul 30 2014, 07:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,300
Region Association: Southwest Region

Anybody order from them before? I ordered trunk shox on the 20th and haven't had any sort of communication from them. Shot them an email yesterday and no reply. Small operation on vacation? I'm a member of the instant gratification generation, so 10 days in the dark is an eternity.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Jul 30 2014, 07:19 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,549
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(MrLeeS @ Jul 30 2014, 06:15 PM) *

Anybody order from them before? I ordered trunk shox on the 20th and haven't had any sort of communication from them. Shot them an email yesterday and no reply. Small operation on vacation? I'm a member of the instant gratification generation, so 10 days in the dark is an eternity.

I've bought a few items from them in the past. Never had a problem although communication is a little slow. I'm sure like many of the 914 world venders, this business is a sideline and the guy probably has a full time time keeping him busy. It is also vacation season so that's a possibility too! I'm sure Craig, I think it was Craig, will get in touch with you soon!
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jul 30 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #3

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

Craig is small but reliable. He might be at his second home in Palm Desert or Springs?
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Jul 30 2014, 07:40 PM
Post #4

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156

I've got some on order. Talked to them a few days ago. Said they were out of stock and should be filling orders possibly by end of this week. Worth the wait. Call on the phone and I bet you'll get a callback
+Quote Post
wndsnd
post Jul 30 2014, 07:52 PM
Post #5

You wanted a horse, but got a goat. Nobody wants a goat....

Member No.: 14,124
Region Association: North East States

Craig never let me down.

John
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Jul 30 2014, 08:22 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

HIGHLY unusual for Craig. I'm sure there is an explanation. Hang tight, he'll come through. I agree, give him a call.
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Jul 30 2014, 09:12 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

Tommy Bahama is having a sale, he will make contact as soon as he is back from the mall. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
ben*james
post Jul 30 2014, 09:55 PM
Post #8

LIFER

Member No.: 10,062
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 30 2014, 08:12 PM) *

Tommy Bahama is having a sale, he will make contact as soon as he is back from the mall. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) that is too damn funny cause it's true!

+Quote Post
speed metal army
post Jul 30 2014, 10:19 PM
Post #9

Waiting for the rain to stop...

Member No.: 12,137
Region Association: Canada

Just be patient, Craig is a good guy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Super good guy!
+Quote Post
ipadstott
post Jul 31 2014, 02:47 AM
Post #10

Ian Stott

Member No.: 17,192
Region Association: Canada

I've bought things from Craig and he is excellent to deal with, be patient, you will be happy with what you bought.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
+Quote Post
eyesright
post Jul 31 2014, 07:55 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 13,979

QUOTE(ipadstott @ Jul 31 2014, 12:47 AM) *

I've bought things from Craig and he is excellent to deal with, be patient, you will be happy with what you bought.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

I ordered my F&R hood shocks last November. They finally showed up in June. It took a number of calls and emails.

Since my car is still on jack stands I didn't get bothered at all, just kept in touch. Since my car is a -6 conversion I wasn't worried about originality critics and the shocks are a nice improvement. Craig's product seems well priced. I reinforced the front shock attachment. It was bending from the shock force. I'll get to the rear shocks in a week when I get it back on the ground.

Keep in touch, I suspect he'll come thru.
+Quote Post
nsr-jamie
post Jul 31 2014, 10:39 AM
Post #12

914 guy in Japan

Member No.: 8,305

I ordered a rear trunk shock kit for my 914 and had no problems at all and I am in Japan. Communication was good, parts arrived on time...I did have some problems understanding the pictures in the instructions but he emailed me clearer ones and helped me through it and it went well...still using the shocks and they work great. No problems dealing with this guy for sure...everything will be fine.
+Quote Post
hmssaab
post Aug 17 2015, 08:06 PM
Post #13

hmssaab

Member No.: 18,460

You be the judge of character:
Buyer had a Targa pad recovered by vendor. Long two month process.
Vendor returns pad via USPS Mail where it is damaged. Big bend in pad.
Vendor processed a claim with USPS and received USPS check.
Vendor asks Buyer if part is "salvageable".
Buyer tells vendor "bent pad can be lived with if USPS settles with buyer" (just like an ordinary fender bender).
Vendor says that is a false claim and says he sent the claim check back to USPS.
Vendor had already cashed the claim check all along and kept it, per USPS Accounting department records.
Vendor got paid twice (by Visa and USPS claim check).
Buyer stuck with a damaged pad, not being compensated for the damage.

+Quote Post
ThePaintedMan
post Aug 17 2015, 08:15 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

He might have been, or might still be a good guy. But lately there are more and more people having issues with their items, getting them delivered, or receiving any kind of communication from him.

We all get behind from time to time, but you gotta make an effort to communicate, especially since it's been several months for some folks. I don't see any reason to blindly defend someone's business issues, despite them being good people.
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Aug 21 2015, 10:14 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995

QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Aug 18 2015, 02:15 PM) *

He might have been, or might still be a good guy. But lately there are more and more people having issues with their items, getting them delivered, or receiving any kind of communication from him.

We all get behind from time to time, but you gotta make an effort to communicate, especially since it's been several months for some folks. I don't see any reason to blindly defend someone's business issues, despite them being good people.

Sent more emails no reply,1 month and still waiting,asked for a tracking number after I was told items sent to my freight forwarder in Oregon....bugger never got that,sorry to say but this is doing your rep no good.
Graig please send email via this site so I know where we are..I know you are on here,hey man if the parts are backordered just let me know,cheers.
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Aug 31 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 22 2015, 04:14 PM) *

Sent more emails no reply,1 month and still waiting,asked for a tracking number after I was told items sent to my freight forwarder in Oregon....bugger never got that,sorry to say but this is doing your rep no good.
Graig please send email via this site so I know where we are..I know you are on here,hey man if the parts are backordered just let me know,cheers.

Sent another email and a PM ....still nothing,sent another using differant email address today,can only hope I get a reply....no feeling to hopeful however but you never know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Aug 31 2015, 10:51 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 13,549

I placed a couple of orders with Craig last year and had no issues at all. It took about a month but some of the items were back ordered. I'd give him a call if I were you. We don't know what's going on in his life. I know I've had a tough year with some difficult events and sometimes life takes over till you're through the storm. Don't loose faith in him yet! I'm sure there's an explanation that we know nothing about!
+Quote Post
ben*james
post Aug 31 2015, 10:57 PM
Post #18

LIFER

Member No.: 10,062
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 21 2015, 09:14 PM) *

I'm sure you have already and pardon me if I missed it, but have you tried calling him? He's usually picks up and his number is not a mystery, right on his website. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Sep 1 2015, 01:43 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ben*james @ Sep 1 2015, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 21 2015, 09:14 PM) *

I'm sure you have already and pardon me if I missed it, but have you tried calling him? He's usually picks up and his number is not a mystery, right on his website. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

No but pardon me I live a long way away,should I really have to call half way around the world to get what most vendors if not all vendors I have previously dealt with can land in my country in 7- 10 days,s#it I had better service from AA,sorry to be grumpy but you need to see my point here.
+Quote Post
AndyB
post Sep 1 2015, 05:27 AM
Post #20

The Governor is watching me

Member No.: 11,595
Region Association: North East States

I can see your point and it is a valid one. I have ordered from him a couple years ago, I didn't have a problem. With that being said, no you should not be chasing a vendor down. A lot of members are quick to say he is a great guy be patient. In the mean time you have a shipper ready to go but have had zero response. Where are those members now backing up Craig. In fact Craig was last active 31 August 2015. yet still no reply to your order or thread. thats my .01 because I can't afford two cents.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:06 PM