Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuch I had a fire! Now repaired, Back together & running. Picking it up next week
76-914
post Sep 2 2014, 01:42 PM
Post #61

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 2 2014, 08:58 AM) *

I appreciate the input as always. They believe it started at the battery. Not sure which wire leading to the battery but it really looks to have started there & spread back. My insurance lady did say I was covered for everything but the part that started it. Not sure if it will fall on a wire or the battery itself. I still haven't heard from the adjustor/claim guy. I did hear from Mike who told me he came by yesterday. Mike knew everything about it & I feel good everything was directed in a way to help things go smoothly. We will see how smoothly it all goes now. I've asked him to take pictures of every step so I have a good documentation of the rebuild

You said that you had removed a relay prior to the fire. Were the spade fittings insulated and were any left laying around?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JRust
post Sep 4 2014, 08:01 AM
Post #62

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Making progress now but just a little. Drivetrain is out. Wiring Harness & ECU sent to Outfront. Getting a new ECU but my old may be repairable so may fix it for a future project (EG33 or ez30 in my old v8 car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ). They will be working on my new harness over the next couple weeks. No rush as Mike will be overseas for 3 weeks. While he is gone the Paint shop is getting my car. So the rear trunk & firewall are getting resprayed. Hoping to get them to do some touchup on some misc chips up front too. Haven't spoken to the shop yet about that so we will see.
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Sep 4 2014, 09:12 PM
Post #63

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Sep 4 2014, 09:42 PM
Post #64

914 Guru

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 4 2014, 08:12 PM) *

Yeah I am waiting for some (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Sep 29 2014, 11:08 AM
Post #65

914 Guru

I got a check from my insurance. I thought they would be paying the shops directly. I guess it's been a while since I have had to deal with anything relating to insurance. Still waiting for my wrench to get back from China. Should be this week. Then I need to see if my check is close to what he had figured.
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post Sep 29 2014, 11:15 AM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 373
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 29 2014, 11:08 AM) *

I got a check from my insurance. I thought they would be paying the shops directly. I guess it's been a while since I have had to deal with anything relating to insurance. Still waiting for my wrench to get back from China. Should be this week. Then I need to see if my check is close to what he had figured.

Good luck!
+Quote Post
quadracerx
post Sep 29 2014, 11:26 AM
Post #67

Member No.: 6,366

Wow Jamie...

I just saw this post today, sorry about your car that part sucks....

Glad the insurance is covering it... Keep us posted...

Let me know if I can help...

Steve
+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 29 2014, 04:42 PM
Post #68

914 Guru

Quick update! My wiring harness has arrived. My intake which needed cleaned up was also sent to Outfront. I'll be getting it back with a few improvements as well as painted black. Chrome was an option but a little much bling for me. I needed new injectors as mine had melted somewhat. Plus needed my main wiring harness worked on too. It didn't get into my cab at all which is good. Everything in the engine bay was toast though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Damn paint shops have been giving Mike the run around for weeks. Finally got a quote & have the paperwork back into insurance. Waiting on them to sign off on that. Plus some more additional work from Mike. The adjustor knew more was coming. So waiting for approval & checks for that.

So I am still in a waiting game. Probably get it finished right about the time it drops a foot of snow in Bend. Which will make getting it back home a little more stressful.

While the wait sucks. I feel good about it getting done right. Realistically the weather is shit now anyway so my car would just be sitting in my garage at home. So the wait isn't that bad. Anyway that is where I am at with it. No pics to share as of yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 11 2014, 11:27 PM
Post #69

914 Guru

Got a couple quick pics tonight. Paint is just about done. My car should be back with my wrench next week for reassembly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) . Only been 3 months now. Now I just need to call my insurance to get them paying for the paint & cost overruns we knew were coming.
Called last week & haven't hear back yet. So I will be calling again tomorrow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Had them shoot the bottom of my engine lid too as it was somehow missed originally.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Zaney
post Nov 12 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #70

Deuchland en der Haus

Member No.: 1,738

Holy crap!
How did i not see this thread!!
Glad to see that it wasn't as bad as it could have been! I have been on too many car fires where it was old fuel lines or gremlins in the electrical.

Hope it comes back the way you want it to be!!

Maybe consider a stand alone remote fuse box for all the "hot leads" coming off the battery or a master off switch.
Attached Image

Cheers
Nate
+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 20 2014, 10:50 PM
Post #71

914 Guru

My car is back from the paint shop (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) . So back to Subie tech for the drivetrain. Everything shipped from Outfront Motorsports this week. Hopefully reassembly will go quick without any problems.

I do have one serious issue. Came across an 05 STI Turbo motor with 85k on it complete. I want that sucker so bad. Wish I had the $3500 to blow. For motor's it would be a pretty easy upgrade for me. Basically a new wiring harness & custom exhaust (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) . Go from my 159hp at the rear wheels to 280-300 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) . I don't need it as my setup really pulls excellent & drives just great. I am not going to go into debt for this. If I can somehow sell enough stuff to get it I'm all over it though.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Nov 21 2014, 07:41 AM
Post #72

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Wow- for $3,500 that would be tough to pass up to double your HP.........
+Quote Post
messix
post Nov 21 2014, 10:40 AM
Post #73

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931

you need to go to a "meeting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) " you're slipping down that slope again!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Nov 22 2014, 09:58 AM
Post #74

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 20 2014, 09:50 PM) *

My car is back from the paint shop (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) . I am not going to go into debt for this. If I can somehow sell enough stuff to get it I'm all over it though.

Hey Jamie-
You have a beautiful car to enjoy--sell some of your stash--go for it!
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Nov 22 2014, 10:28 AM
Post #75

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344

QUOTE(messix @ Nov 21 2014, 09:40 AM) *

" you're slipping down that slope again!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

More like plunging over the sheer cliff that was at the end of the slope. He's a goner. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 28 2014, 09:53 PM
Post #76

914 Guru

Yeah parts arrived from Outfront today! Hopefully it will go back together quickly.

Of course I hope my damn insurance get's on paying for the rest of it. The additional invoices were sent to the adjustor a month ago. They never made it to insurance. Guy seemed to think the additional invoices were covered with the original check. What part of additional is hard to understand. Which they were expecting so don't know what the heck this guy's problem was. He's supposed to pass all this stuff on. Already had to fork out the money for the paint ($1400) to repaint the firewall & the rear trunk. If it wasn't for my zero deductible I would have painted it myself. Especially for that kind of dough.

So while I am hoping my car get's finished quick. I sure hope my insurance get's me another check quick. I don't have an extra 3k sitting here for it. Overall my repairs are coming in as just under 8k (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) . Never would have spent that if I was footing the bill. Now I'm just hoping I'm not going to be footing a good portion of it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Okay besides all the insurance crap. I am stoked my car is finally getting close to done. I know the weather sucks but I can't wait to be driving my car again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Nov 29 2014, 01:22 AM
Post #77

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Getting it back together! Congrats!
+Quote Post
JRust
post Dec 8 2014, 08:21 PM
Post #78

914 Guru

More progress! Motor all back together & ready to go back in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) . This was from last week. Hoping to hear it being installed this week. Waiting for an update but I am getting excited. My patience is wearing thin. I want my car back. Even though the weather sucks & it will most likely just sit in the garage. At least I can go out & look at it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
StratPlayer
post Dec 8 2014, 08:24 PM
Post #79

StratPlayer

Member No.: 27
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Very cool Jamie,, you'll be driving for the WCR... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Dec 8 2014, 08:29 PM
Post #80

914 Guru

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Dec 8 2014, 06:24 PM) *

Very cool Jamie,, you'll be driving for the WCR... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Yes if your there we will have to swap for a drive! Be great to see what you think of it
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:52 PM