Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOLD: 2.0L (GC) Long Block For Sale
funk
post Sep 3 2014, 07:36 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,531
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

so have you made a choice to sell it to me??675 thats 500 plus 175 for shipping!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
funk
post Sep 3 2014, 07:57 PM
Post #22

let me know!!
+Quote Post
euro911
post Sep 5 2014, 02:09 AM
Post #23

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Nobody else has responded yet, so it sounds fine with me. I don't have the time to shop shippers though.

I'll weigh the motor and look for a crate (or pallet), then PM you the info. I'll also try to locate and provide you with the shipper info for the motor I sold earlier in the year.

The buyer of that motor set up and paid for the shipping. I don't know what his cost was, but he told me that he got quotes from several different companies and that the shipper he used was good.
+Quote Post
Old Yella
post Sep 5 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #24

Old Yella

Member No.: 16,086
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hi
I have no affiliation with this firm but I got a quote and then went a head with shipping a humongus box with two Plymouth barracuda rear quarter panels. They went to the sellers house picked up the box and then delivered it to my front door in santa monica for around two hundred bucks. It came from the great lakes area I thought that was a good deal. They also didn't charge me to go back a second time to the sellers house because he went out at the arranged time of the first pickup, one phone call and they fixed it.
You can ask for the quote on line.

http://www.freightcenter.com/

QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 5 2014, 01:09 AM) *

Nobody else has responded yet, so it sounds fine with me. I don't have the time to shop shippers though.

I'll weigh the motor and look for a crate (or pallet), then PM you the info. I'll also try to locate and provide you with the shipper info for the motor I sold earlier in the year.

The buyer of that motor set up and paid for the shipping. I don't know what his cost was, but he told me that he got quotes from several different companies and that the shipper he used was good.
+Quote Post
funk
post Sep 5 2014, 03:17 PM
Post #25

I've also been told shipping to a shop can be cheaper but any way my shipping code is 83811 or I can have her shipped to 83864 if cheaper??Bruce said the shipping rate to be 1$per lbs and I think you saw his post this but me in a price bracket and I cannot go out of it I live on vet disability so all I can come up with is the 675 max!! if its more expensive I won't be able to pay for more is that ok?? too boot I hear the smaller the package you can get it in the cheaper for fedx they don't necessarily go by weight. so obviously whatever to get her into a small box??my number is jo 2082909056 p.s. I just looked at my account and I could probably pull it off but its very close if you can wait till the first of oct it would be better for me but other wise I guess just sell her local

wow that site gave me a 300$quote? yikes can you do better?
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Sep 7 2014, 07:29 AM
Post #26

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

Since you are only 80 miles from Spokane, it would be best to find a LTL carrier that has a terminal in Spokane or interlines with a company based in Spokane. Strapped to a pallet, the item could be held at their terminal for your pickup.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 7 2014, 08:57 AM
Post #27

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Estimate the weight, a bit high, and check out freightquote.com.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Sep 7 2014, 03:47 PM
Post #28

Ron (SLITS) called me this AM and has offered to ship the motor to a Spokane freight terminal on his company' freight account, resulting in a reduced charge to you.

I'll have to transport the motor up to Ron' shop in Riverside (120 mile R/T for me), but that's do-able. I'll be sending you a PM for more info, then Ron can obtain an accurate shipping estimate ... OK?
+Quote Post
funk
post Sep 7 2014, 09:06 PM
Post #29

mark my phone is 2082909056 it may be better to discuss this deal?? on phone?? like I've said I won't have the cash till oct??october first!! what do you think it will cost his company to ship her??I know I offered 500 plus price of shipping!! it sound a bit out of your way!!it can wait till you are heading up that way if you do go that way!! right now I am repairing the hell hole and rear floor pans so it will still be a few months before motor has to be set in place a few months atr best!! still I am trying to get ducks in a row with out getting ahead of myself and play with the bit of cash I have to deal with !!thats great you found a shipper I am fully stoked still if we are to do this deal I think we should talk on phone just briefly!! hey man I know it sounds abit shakey so obviously if you find someone who will do a pick up buy go for it!! its not a done deal till its done I don't want to sound like a flake because with the time I will buy this puppy if you honestly think its a good core!!any chance you have a side shift linkage cover and the front linkage rod??too boot??anyway hellholes my first priority and its gaining progress!!so??give me a call!! 2082909056 Jo and we can decide when the deal should go down!!
+Quote Post
euro911
post Sep 8 2014, 12:33 AM
Post #30

No hurry here, in fact the October time frame sounds good. I'm planning to attend the G&R swap meet at Ron's late October, so I can transport the motor up there then if it all falls into place.

I'll call you during the week ...
+Quote Post
funk
post Sep 8 2014, 06:53 PM
Post #31

thank you mark that sounds perfect actually if you go there in late October I would definitely have the money for it on November first great I hope things work out well!~!
drop me a line or pm me for an update!!
+Quote Post
wolverine3000
post Oct 14 2014, 09:37 PM
Post #32

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 16,067

Hey if things don't work out with funk, I'm interested in buying this engine from you.
+Quote Post
funk
post Oct 15 2014, 08:37 AM
Post #33

I hope we are still on for this engine!!I will have cash November 1 I was hoping you are just about ready to bring it up to slits I know you are going out on abit of a limb for me I already got the 76 fuel injection set up to fit this exact engine so I'm on the mark!!any way I can sweeten the deal?? you need any parts? I've a 71 that engine is starting to make noise cam is tearing off rivets also got many parts with my 76 roller monza exhaust?? a few miscellaneous cpus 1.8( no wiring harness seats ) anything I could ship to you you been needin my 71 has a rear window defrost??
+Quote Post
dial9147320ltr
post Oct 15 2014, 10:41 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 17,899

Engine appears one of the last made for '76 model 2.0 liter.......4,031 made in the final year and this is No. 1,281 made in that year.
+Quote Post
funk
post Oct 22 2014, 10:23 PM
Post #35

I have over half cash now and of course the first of Nov 1st. I will have all the cash so lets do it!!let me know when you go to the swap up at Ron's and drop off the motor!! thanks,Jo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 11:50 PM