Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Brief late-night introduction and a question, cn2800 has an engine ID question
cn2800
post Aug 11 2014, 11:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,766
Region Association: None

I'd like to give a hearty greeting to all my new friends here.

My father purchased a new silver 1.7 in the summer of 1973, and owned it until the early nineties. I was trolling Craigslist Friday, and ran across a '73 for sale. She's in rough shape from a front-end collision, but remarkably rust-free (for a 914) and otherwise pretty complete. The seller wanted a few hundred for the car, so I figured, "what the heck?", bought it and had it flatbedded to the shop this evening.

I'll give a lengthier intro with more photos tomorrow, but for tonight, I have a question - The following photos are from this car's engine bay. Is this a 2-liter engine? The badging is for a 1.7, but from the information/descriptions I can find, this appears to be a 2.0. I've not had a chance to vacuum the dust to find if the engine # is between the case and the oil fill tube (2.0) or on the upper right rear (1.7). Also, the ECU is not located next to the battery, but in the front-middle of the firewall.

Many Thanks,
Carl

Attached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 11:54 PM