Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What to look for in a '74 1.8
era vulgaris
post Aug 17 2014, 07:19 PM
Post #1

J is for Genius

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,629
Region Association: South East States

I've come across what appears to be a very nice '74 1.8 for sale not too far from me. I'm currently trying to make arrangements with the seller to view the car. He claims it has no rust (we'll see!), excellent paint, excellent running condition, and he has records going back to the original owner. If all is true, it'll be a great deal for what he's asking, and I'll be able to replace the nightmare Scotty Boy sold me.

Aside from the obvious stuff (rust, etc...which I've learned via the school of hard knocks with my car)...is there anything specific to that model year and engine size that I should be aware of? The car does have its original FI.

Here's my other question...is a 1.8 worth buying? From what I understand it would have less power and torque than my 72 1.7. I'm not unhappy with how my 1.7 performs, so would it be a real noticeable downgrade in performance?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 10:52 AM