Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 4 years of prep, 4 months of constant hard work...ready to start my 914-6 conversion., UPDATE: IT STARTED!!!
patssle
post Aug 23 2014, 09:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,741
Region Association: None

My MSD ignition is dead. It worked great 2 years ago when I swapped the 3.0L engine to carbs and replaced the Bosch ignition. Less than 1 hour of runtime - now 2 years later of sitting in storage it's dead. I did accidently spark the main battery power cable once or twice - perhaps that did it in. I was ready to start the engine in the 914 for the first time this week! I even expedited a new coil to get it before the weekend.

So now I have to send it off and wait 2-3 weeks for it to be fixed. Grrr. What's really annoying is that I wanted to test the engine before I connect everything else - just in case I need to drop the engine and fix/change something.

Grrrr.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 04:08 AM