Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> POC Tribute to Le Mans, pics etc...
SirAndy
post Jun 2 2003, 12:27 PM
Post #21

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

and yes, the only way in and out is through the front (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jun 2 2003, 12:51 PM
Post #22

Group:
Member No.: 0

car #222 is Bob Stefanowicz (sp?). I think it's like a '69 tub with the obvious 993 body. Super short wheel base and 700hp, scary.....

Terrance
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
72Signal914
post Jun 2 2003, 01:04 PM
Post #23

Think I need a new keyboard

Group: Members
Member No.: 702

I must say that the GT2 is the sexiest car out of the supercars that were there
(IMG:http://www.nosubstitute.org/events/Tribute31May03/tn_DSCN0012_jpg.jpg)

It has THE best curves and styling, the others are big and bulky while the GT2 is light and nimble. I agree on the Enzo, do any of you think it looks like a rat or ferret from the front and it doesn't seem all that proportional (the F50 was WAY better than this). Not a huge Ferrari fan at ALL, some are nice but I would rather have a Porsche than a Ferrari anyday. Nice pics

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) GT2 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) V12 Vanquish
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) Diablo GT (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) S7 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (for being American)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) Enzo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Jun 2 2003, 01:17 PM
Post #24

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

See.. Terrance cant spell it either...LOL

B
+Quote Post
seanery
post Jun 2 2003, 03:23 PM
Post #25

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

I, personally, like the Enzo. Don't be too critical on the looks of the car, remember what people said of our "ugly ducklings" when they were new. And, most of us weren't converts until we actually drove one.

This is why I like it:

1. WOW! its an effin' Formula 1 car with a body!
2. Looks like a Daytona prototype (don't it?)
3. Wow! its a FORMULA CAR WITH A BODY!

ok, enough, but it's BAD!
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Jun 2 2003, 07:11 PM
Post #26

Two trunks are better than one!

Member No.: 42

QUOTE(seanery @ Jun 2 2003, 01:23 PM)
I, personally, like the Enzo. Don't be too critical on the looks of the car, remember what people said of our "ugly ducklings" when they were new. And, most of us weren't converts until we actually drove one.

This is why I like it:

1. WOW! its an effin' Formula 1 car with a body!
2. Looks like a Daytona prototype (don't it?)
3. Wow! its a FORMULA CAR WITH A BODY!

ok, enough, but it's BAD!

Amen, brother!
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Jun 3 2003, 10:57 AM
Post #27

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 2 2003, 10:12 AM)
those are cool cars that only a German could make....

...Or an Italian. The design is Italian, and I think they were made very briefly by the Italian company Isetta, who licensed the design to BMW. BMW were doing just about anything they could to stay afloat at that point, and the Isetta was one of the results of that.

--DD
+Quote Post
Scott Carlberg
post Jun 3 2003, 03:31 PM
Post #28

Porsche MOTORSPORTS

Member No.: 580

> I volunteered to work the event Fri/Sat and helped out event chair Dave Bouzaglou (TRE) and the Black Flag official Frank Martinez.

..you were there Chris? I thought you weren't going to make it.
I was also there, what an event. Awesome!!!

> Wow, I didn't even drive, but I'm beat! Two full days of walking around Willow Springs in 100+ heat...schlepping stuff from point A to point B most of the time...
really catches up with you.

..yep, and someone told me it wasn't nearly as hot as they thought it was
going to be!

> Ultimately Brent Martini and Cort Wagner held off Doug Baron and Loren Beggs to take the win. (I already can't remember who placed 3rd but I'll check.)

..Vision Motorsports car #276?

Your pics look alot like the 96 I took, except mine are on film, not Digital. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

During the sat nite race, I asked one of the spotters for Vision how much
horsepower their 911 had.
"700 with the twin turbos".

So, in other words, 10x the amount my little 914 has huh? LOL
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Jun 3 2003, 09:46 PM
Post #29

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Yep, you're right...it was Dwain Dement (Vision) and his team in 3rd.

Probably the reason I forgot is that Dwain was a dick when I went over to tech their fuel cells, rigs, fire eqpt, and cutoff switches...he was stressing big time cuz they had multiple cars at the event and I think they were all f'ed up at the moment.

Brad would probably like him...he has a multi-colored mohawk and had cheerleaders (in costume) in his pits...

I dunno about 700hp (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif) but the turbo cars are clearly waaaay fast. The top few teams blew more on tires during that one weekend than most of us originally paid for our 914's. POC has a large proportion of members who are not "financially challenged", which is blatantly obvious when you see the big rigs in the paddock and the real time Motec data acq setups, stacks of new 18" slicks, etc. Must be nice. I am waiting for the day when a driver shows up in his helicoptor and lands on top of the car hauler (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Sorry we couldn't hook up. In the earlier posts I said I wouldn't be there *driving* but I had known for months that I would be there watching/working.
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Jun 4 2003, 12:01 AM
Post #30

914 Freak!

Ha ha.. one of the drivers of the "Radicals" flys by helicopter in and out of events..

Sounds like fun. I'm surprised the Vision guy's kept any of the cars together. They asked for our help at Buttonwillow back a few races ago.. on their 944 Turbo beast.. we walked over and gracefully said.. we could'nt help them. What a Kludge...but I guess not everybody can buy a Carrera Cup car or GT3R/RS.

I cant wait for Fontana...

B
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Jun 4 2003, 12:11 AM
Post #31

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Well, it's definitely getting to the point where it's "stupid" to not buy a factory car, if you are building a track car in the >$50K territory. You can buy 964 and 993 Cup cars for suprisingly little now, and there are more and more GT3-based cars showing up at club events. They even come out to the "short track" series now, with big rig 3-4 car haulers, catered lunches and all.

Steve Alarcon's 993 Cup car (the green striped one) is still for sale; he has already dropped the asking price 20-30K and no bites yet. It could probably be had for $65K, maybe less. I also saw a 95 GT2 recently for under $100K, including a bunch of spares.

If my business keeps up and the race bug doesn't go away, then a factory car is where I will hope to go next. It will be a few years, but that's OK. Maybe by then I can get a GT3RS for $50K.

Re. the Vision cars...they basically *couldn't* keep 'em together...I think they had 9 cars at the event and only 1 made the grid, just barely. As late as the night before I saw engines out and shit scattered all over the place. The water pumper (944) cars never moved the 2 days I was there.
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Jun 4 2003, 12:17 AM
Post #32

914 Freak!

Looks like Chris and I will be in used Carrera cup cars buy 2005. LOL

I dont know how Vision stays in business... I know the guy's are "great"..but the customers have to get pissed off big time. Pay to go to track.. pay to enter...pay crew...

We had *their* customers coming over to our rig and asking us for help (right in front of them) how F-'d up is that ?? The customers would ask us to come over and work on the cars in the Vision area.

They would come over... because they saw us eating ice cream and sucking on creamsicles ...and winning >>LOL (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

B
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Jun 4 2003, 12:38 AM
Post #33

914 Freak!

Oh.. Chris et al,

How the the HELL do you "get" all your Vision customers to paint there cars those godawful blue and gold colors ?? I have no idea how they pull that one off.. we sit back and laugh at it..

B
+Quote Post
Scott Carlberg
post Jun 5 2003, 03:10 AM
Post #34

Porsche MOTORSPORTS

Member No.: 580

I asked the g/f of the 3rd place Vision team about the Boxster that never moved.
She was the one jumping Up & Down after being sprayed with the
champagne. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

She said the car hadn't moved all weekend.

"Sorry we couldn't hook up. In the earlier posts I said I wouldn't be there *driving* but I had known for months that I would be there watching/working"

I could've swore You had said you weren't going to be there after all, no big
deal of course.
I really want to get an up close look at your 914, especially the 7x16 w/o flares!

Will you be at Fontana this w/e?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:25 AM