Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> TPS Question, Stumble when cruising
warrenoliver
post Aug 26 2014, 07:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,199
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a 73, 2.0 with F.I. and points. I have been chasing down a stumble or hesitation that occurs anywhere between 2500 and 4000 RPM. This stumble or pause or whatever is similar to what I used to have before I replaced my TPS board with a new one. With the old board I had a stumble at 2800 or 2900 and was noticeable when I was trying to maintain a certain speed. The new issue is that I have an immediate stumble just as the car begins a slight deceleration like you would have when cruising at a constant speed and then you let up just slightly or like when you back off the accelerator just a bit when you begin down a slight incline at highway speed. This never happens when I am accelerating only just as it begins to decelerate.

When I took the TPS off the car to inspect and clean the board and the contacts I noticed the device that is connected to the copper fingers that slide along the contact board is fairly loose. This plastic rotor thingy rotates with the throttle and moves the fingers. The rotor thingy is very loose in the hole of the TPS body and I can wiggle it around a bit. Is this normal? Is it supposed to have much play? Do these things wear out?

It was acting up again tonight as I drove home on the highway so I pulled over and unplugged the TPS and it seemed to make the hesitation or stumble go away so it seems to me like it is related to the TPS.

Any ideas? I would like to keep the TPS plugged in because acceleration sucks with it disconnected.

Thanks in advance for your help
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 12:27 PM