Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Input on current market values, 1973 2.0 appearance group - ultra original
914Next
post Aug 28 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

So I may regret asking for opinions because I suspect that the reactions will be all over the board but here goes...

As mentioned in another thread recently I'm new to 914's and interested in buying a very original '73-'74 2.0 or 6. Just today had an owner contact me about possibly purchasing his '73 2.0. While I'v only seen pictures of the car, I will say that, based upon the couple hundred pics and documents provided, its safe to say that this is truly a well documented survivor. One owner car until July of this year (41 yrs). The car has 44k original miles. Original paint, perfect like new interior, original porsche mats, original paint markings (even on the wheel lugs) and factory stickers in all of the right places. No rust. I suspect it is one of the more original 914's around. I have not seen the car in person yet but I've purchased a lot of original cars and I think its safe to say that this one will likely, upon complete inspection, be confirmed as a true survivor of very high quality....not just a nice original.

So...with that said, I'd like some help. What is top market for a car that is a true very high quality '73 2.0 appearance group survivor? I know you'll likely ask for pics and additional information. I don't have those to share in the moment. I believe the current owner is a member here and will likely be able to sit back and enjoy the varied comments here as much as I do...so let it rip!. What is top market for a car like this? What is the highest you have seen car like this go for....a really nice one. 30's?, 40's?, 50's?

Appreciate your input. I'm interested in the car but really need to be comfortable I'm paying top dollar....but not over-the-top dollar.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914Next
post Aug 28 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #2

QUOTE(914Next @ Aug 28 2014, 09:42 PM) *

So I may regret asking for opinions because I suspect that the reactions will be all over the board but here goes...

As mentioned in another thread recently I'm new to 914's and interested in buying a very original '73-'74 2.0 or 6. Just today had an owner contact me about possibly purchasing his '73 2.0. While I'v only seen pictures of the car, I will say that, based upon the couple hundred pics and documents provided, its safe to say that this is truly a well documented survivor. One owner car until July of this year (41 yrs). The car has 44k original miles. Original paint, perfect like new interior, original porsche mats, original paint markings (even on the wheel lugs) and factory stickers in all of the right places. No rust. I suspect it is one of the more original 914's around. I have not seen the car in person yet but I've purchased a lot of original cars and I think its safe to say that this one will likely, upon complete inspection, be confirmed as a true survivor of very high quality....not just a nice original.

So...with that said, I'd like some help. What is top market for a car that is a true very high quality '73 2.0 appearance group survivor? I know you'll likely ask for pics and additional information. I don't have those to share in the moment. I believe the current owner is a member here and will likely be able to sit back and enjoy the varied comments here as much as I do...so let it rip!. What is top market for a car like this? What is the highest you have seen car like this go for....a really nice one. 30's?, 40's?, 50's?

Appreciate your input. I'm interested in the car but really need to be comfortable I'm paying top dollar....but not over-the-top dollar.

Apology. Appears I posted twice and in the wrong area. Meant to post in the garage forums. Can someone help me understand how to move it there? Thanks
+Quote Post
bmendel
post Aug 28 2014, 11:43 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 877

There was an article in the PCA magazine recently about a 74 1.8 all original car with around 30k miles, mentions the owner turned down 40k and wouldn't sell the car. I wouldn't sell my 37k mile original paint/interior car for that either, where am I going to find a similar car to replace it? I've seen maybe one original paint car in the last year, sold for 30k and wasn't that nice...
+Quote Post
914Next
post Aug 29 2014, 02:44 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(bmendel @ Aug 29 2014, 01:43 AM) *

There was an article in the PCA magazine recently about a 74 1.8 all original car with around 30k miles, mentions the owner turned down 40k and wouldn't sell the car. I wouldn't sell my 37k mile original paint/interior car for that either, where am I going to find a similar car to replace it? I've seen maybe one original paint car in the last year, sold for 30k and wasn't that nice...

Thanks. This is the type of data points I'm interested in. Would love to hear more from others. The actual sales are more interesting to me however than the "I wouldn't sell for's". I actually can understand sales in the $30's. Have there been sales in the mid to high 40's?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:10 PM