Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What'd I do now? New clutch, no fuel pump running
914bub
post Aug 31 2014, 12:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,260
Region Association: None

Hey guys I need some help.

I got my 914 9 months ago. I traded it straight across for a car that a friend of mine wanted. The deal was we would both get each car running before the trade. The 914 needed a fuel pump and some tuning. It arrived running but needed a clutch and a master cylinder.

I got the clutch done and now the car won't start. I've got power to two of the pins at the fuel pump relay but no power down to the pump. I "think" the relay os clicking but need to get an extra pair of hands over here to crank is as I can't find my remote starter. If I understand correctly the ECU grounds the pump to make it run? If that's the case should I always have power at the pump with the key on? The car runs on starting fluid so the ignition is working fine.

Here's the rest of the story,(and yeah I feel stupid about this part). In my haste to button everything up I accidently plugged the 12 pin plug onto the relay board incorrectly. I plugged it in 1 pin off. Imagine if the #1 and 2 pins were plugged into 3 & 4 instead. I corrected that but just hope I didn't smoke something in the mean time. My dad also hooked the positive wire up to the negative side of the coil. ....That was good for a new set of points.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have the diagram of the relay board that was posted in another thread.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:46 AM