Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Picked up a '74 1.8
designerguy90
post Sep 21 2014, 03:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,666
Region Association: None

Hello all!

I just picked up a 74 1.8 in Olympic Blue from Charleston SC last Tuesday! It was a pretty fun trip, drove down truck and trailer with a couple buddies and drove back with it to Chicagoland

She's definitely a 10 footer at this point, some dings and dents and some paint issues (but it is original paint) and I since I did PCA concours this year in my 968, I think I may do autox next year, simply based on the body condition.

The p/o put suspension/brakes out of a 71 S on the car and 15x7.5 Fuchs all around, though I have to still confirm if they are real Fuchs. Mechanically the car is sound, though I'm having my mechanic give it a once over to make sure. The body has no rot, though there is some bubbling under the sail panel vinyl, which I'm going to take care of once I get my vinyl kit in.

Any thoughts or suggestions on making the car more autox suitable?

And or fun I think I'm gonna put some gulf roundrels on the front fenders, thinking about an orange arrow like the 908/3 too

Ill try and upload a few more pics when Im able. This car has been a blast the few days Ive had it thus far and I am enjoying it much more than the 968.v (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 03:48 PM