Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mahle magnesium, for sale on evil bay
lapuwali
post Jan 27 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #21

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

So, out of boredom, I sent the guy a polite note saying they weren't magnesium, nor where they the lightest wheels available.

His reply:

...the information I received from a local dealership is that the Pedrinis are made of magnesium, which are the lightests, the second lightest is the MAHLE, and the FUCH is the third lightest. This is information from factory-trained techs. In addition, to be sure of this, I had the wheels examined by a local metallurgist who was recommended to my by my attorney...the metallurgist confirmed that they are magnesium.

So, by all means, snap these wheels up. They're obviously an extremely rare cast magnesium version of the Pedrini, and probably worth thousands of dollars... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
a9146luvr
post Jan 28 2005, 12:21 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,495
Region Association: None

Gotta add my 2 cents, i asked the seller to weight the pedrinni's and he responded with "about 13lbs", i then weighed my mahle's and they came in at 13.5 lbs, i say 6 in one and half a dozen in the other, i also had a set of the 914/6's 5 lug mahles and they weighed in at 9 lbs each. Guess i shoulda kept them, i sure as he'll didn't get $1100 each for them. With as much as i hord, you would think i would have something of value!
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jan 28 2005, 12:29 AM
Post #23

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jan 27 2005, 09:23 PM)
So, out of boredom, I sent the guy a polite note saying they weren't magnesium, nor where they the lightest wheels available.

His reply:

...the information I received from a local dealership is that the Pedrinis are made of magnesium, which are the lightests, the second lightest is the MAHLE, and the FUCH is the third lightest.  This is information from factory-trained techs.  In addition, to be sure of this, I had the wheels examined by a local metallurgist who was recommended to my by my attorney...the metallurgist confirmed that they are magnesium.

So, by all means, snap these wheels up.  They're obviously an extremely rare cast magnesium version of the Pedrini, and probably worth thousands of dollars...  :rolleyes:

how many factory trained techs still work at the dealership that even know what a 914 is ???

had his attorney recommend a metallurgist??

I'd be shopping for a new attorney, one that does not advertise on late night TV, LOL

they sold for only 177....decent deal for those, I just hope the buyer does not have a '73 or newer 914...the rims won't fit due to them not having the hubcentric ring feature...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 05:29 AM