Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB Subaru to 901 Axle Adapter Flanges, From Porscharu's Group Buy, going unused?
DBCooper
post Sep 24 2014, 10:49 AM
Post #1

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

I'm doing another Subaru 5MT into 914 swap, together with my son. I have 914 axles and can get them re-splined to fit the Subaru CV's, but first want to see if there are any of Porscharu's adapter flanges around that are going unused. They're what I used on my car and it would be nice to keep both these cars the same, if that's possible. So if you haven't used yours already I'd like to buy them, and then when you get to where you need them in your project you can get your axles re-splined, like what everyone else is doing these days. That's something that's cheaper, and probably better, but hadn't been done back when these adapters were originally made.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax914
post Sep 24 2014, 11:45 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,007
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

So you can re-spline the 914-4 axles to the Subaru spline? I was going to by the hybrid axles from Ian. I'm using the 901 outside flanges.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 24 2014, 05:17 PM
Post #3

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(madmax914 @ Sep 24 2014, 10:45 AM) *

So you can re-spline the 914-4 axles to the Subaru spline? I was going to by the hybrid axles from Ian. I'm using the 901 outside flanges.

Yep, Deutchman Axle Service. They should have the spline set up on record. Tell them your with 914World and want the Suby Modification. You'll need to provide them the length required. We negotiated a sweet deal. IIRC, about $150 for both. Ruby914 (Mike) just had a set done and may have another set for sale but not sure on that. You might pm him on what he paid.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 24 2014, 05:19 PM
Post #4

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Sep 24 2014, 09:49 AM) *

I'm doing another Subaru 5MT into 914 swap, together with my son. I have 914 axles and can get them re-splined to fit the Subaru CV's, but first want to see if there are any of Porscharu's adapter flanges around that are going unused. They're what I used on my car and it would be nice to keep both these cars the same, if that's possible. So if you haven't used yours already I'd like to buy them, and then when you get to where you need them in your project you can get your axles re-splined, like what everyone else is doing these days. That's something that's cheaper, and probably better, but hadn't been done back when these adapters were originally made.

Paul, I may have gotten the last set. And I sold those to Doug aka CaptainTripps.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
BIGKAT_83
post Sep 24 2014, 08:35 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 194
Region Association: South East States

Subarugears sells the flanges. Great service
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Sep 24 2014, 08:52 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Sep 24 2014, 07:35 PM) *

Subarugears sells the flanges. Great service

Yeah, Todd's on vacation for the next couple of weeks, so since i have some time i thought I'd see if there were any loose flanges around. It's pretty cheap and easy to re-spline axles so if most people are doing that these days then maybe someone will have some unwanted flanges left over. They'd work for what I'm doing so maybe an option. Or maybe not, we'll see.

+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Sep 26 2014, 05:36 PM
Post #7

Nobody?

+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Sep 28 2014, 06:48 PM
Post #8

Bummer. If I can't find a pair in the next few days I'll have to re-spline some axles. Cheaper, I guess, so not a bad alternative, but I'd still prefer flanges if I can find them.

Thanks.

EDIT 09/30/14: OK, I give up and will get some axles re-splined. It's cheaper anyway. But I have to say I'm really impressed, because that means all of Steve's flanges are going into or are already being used in conversion projects. He made what, 25 pairs? And then there was a smaller second run? Gonna be a bunch of 914/Subarus running around, and doesn't even count re-splined cars. Very cool.

Thanks folks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:39 PM