Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Was this a good deal?, Restore it or part it?
bgravolet
post Oct 1 2014, 10:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

Hello I'm hoping you can help me figure out if I made a good deal or not. I purchased a 1976 914 for $2,000. It has pretty bad rust in the passenger longitudal. When you jack the car up it flexes and you can not open the door. Other than that it is in fair shape.

The service records go back to 1978 and it is believed to have a genuine 79,000 miles. It will need a repainting in the factory yellow color as the one bare metal repainting is not holding up well.

The interior is in good condition with the exception of the yellow tartan on the seats. It is a heavily optioned car with A/C, fog lights, Fuchs wheels and the original fuel injection still in place. The smog pump is present also but not plumbed up.

It is not running and I am a told it needs trigger points in the distributor - any help finding a set would be appreciated.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you,
Ben
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 04:51 AM