Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Porsche 914/6 GT "Tribute" on ebay presently!, ...actually, a 914-6 with flares
argo19c
post Oct 6 2014, 03:19 PM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,455
Region Association: None

Porsche 914/6 GT "Tribute" on ebay presently!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post Oct 6 2014, 05:56 PM
Post #2

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125
Region Association: Northern California

Link? I can't find it.....unless your talking about the black 914 with a 6 conversion.
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Oct 6 2014, 07:04 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 17,376
Region Association: Southern California

Maybe Argo is the seller? An odd first post, otherwise.

In any case, a link to a post like that would be useful.
+Quote Post
two914-6s
post Oct 6 2014, 07:04 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,846

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171483748222?_trks...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

here's the http above I'm not sure how to make the link active but that car has been on Ebay for a few days

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 6 2014, 04:56 PM) *

Link? I can't find it.....unless your talking about the black 914 with a 6 conversion.
+Quote Post
zack914
post Oct 6 2014, 07:16 PM
Post #5

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 16,991

That is correct
+Quote Post
argo19c
post Oct 7 2014, 04:09 PM
Post #6

I'm new here ...

It is indeed a genuine 914/6. Thanks
+Quote Post
era vulgaris
post Oct 7 2014, 05:46 PM
Post #7

J is for Genius

Member No.: 16,629
Region Association: South East States

This car was for sale on this forum a few months ago
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...6&hl=brumos
+Quote Post
carr914
post Oct 7 2014, 05:46 PM
Post #8

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Oct 6 2014, 09:04 PM) *

Maybe Argo is the seller? An odd first post, otherwise.

I'm going to say yes, since argo is also the eBay name.

Argo, 1st GLWTS. 2nd You are quite the creative writer! The end on end Brumos references are a bit much, especially not showing anything else proving it. I'm surprised you didn't mention that Hurley Haywood got a Blowjob in the car. I'm not saying anything you said is untrue, but Bob Snodgrass was a really good friend of mine (we grew up in Elmira NY) and I would stop by and have Lunch with Bob at Brumos every month or so - I never saw your car in the Museum or Race Shop.

I know it is easy to call a Car a GT ( I used to call one of my -6s a GT, but it had almost every GT Part made), but the only thing I see that is remotely GT is the 10,000 RPM Tach. Those are not GT Seats, GT Wheels, GT Motor etc.

a 914-6, Yes. A Very Nice -6, yes. But not a GT, just a -6 Hot-Rod
+Quote Post
zack914
post Oct 7 2014, 08:45 PM
Post #9

This car was indeed built by Brumos and was completed in 2001. It is not a real GT. I am surprised anyone here had a strong assumption that it was a real one. First, they are very rare and few and far between and this car would be way out of the ballpark of a mere 100k or under. That right there would be your first clue before looking any further. This owner knew Bob very well. He has pictures of Brumos shop installing factory steel fender flares on this car. They performed extensive work on this car. It is a real 914-6. But lets be real, almost anyone putting steel fender flares on these cars these days are calling it a Gt. No big deal. No cause for concern. This is a much better car in every way to other cars I have looked at here as it was done correctly with proper paperwork to prove it. This car is certainly worth the money. If i had another place for it in my garage i would buy it. The owner can brag in his ad all he wants about Brumos because its true and it is a good selling point for the car. Smart guy. At least he is not trying to bull__t a buyer about his car.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Oct 7 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #10

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

QUOTE(zack914 @ Oct 7 2014, 10:45 PM) *

This car was indeed built by Brumos and was completed in 2001. It is not a real GT. I am surprised anyone here had a strong assumption that it was a real one. First, they are very rare and few and far between and this car would be way out of the ballpark of a mere 100k or under. That right there would be your first clue before looking any further. This owner knows Bob very well. He has pictures of Brumos shop installing factory steel fender flares on this car. They performed extensive work on this car. It is a real 914-6. But lets be real, almost anyone putting steel fender flares on these cars these days are calling it a Gt. No big deal. No cause for concern. This is a much better car in every way to other cars I have looked at here as it was done correctly with proper paperwork to prove it. This car is certainly worth the money. If i had another place for it in my garage i would buy it. The owner can brag in his ad all he wants about Brumos because its true and it is a good selling point for the car. Smart guy. At least he is not trying to bull__t a buyer about his car.

Dude, Argo in this Thread (Title) calls it a GT! The guy can't know Bob Very Well because Bob has been dead since 2007!

What I was saying is if he was going to mention the Brumos name a few hundred times in an Ad that he might want to show some pictures in the Brumos shop & Pictures of Receipts from Brumos.

I since you brought it up, I do think he is trying to Bull$%!t someone about the car. He mentions that they are GT Seats and they are not. His description of being owned by MultiTime NFL All-Pro Bryan Barker I think is laying the BS thick - Bryan Barker was All-Pro ONCE, mostly based on a Crazy 83 Yard Punt on National TV and NFL Pressure to have an All-Pro Player from every Team. Then the Brumos Stuff!
+Quote Post
zack914
post Oct 7 2014, 09:05 PM
Post #11

This car was completed in 2001. He knew Bob back in the 80s. Supposedly built a home for him.
+Quote Post
zack914
post Oct 7 2014, 09:42 PM
Post #12

How long have you had the car? 2 years

Describe the body condition: The body and paint are in superb condition. Done by Brumos Racing. Only a very few minor paint chips on the front hood.

Describe the mechanical condition: The engine is at 2.5 liters, built by Brumos Racing. Valves, carburetors and timing recently adjusted. The transmission is the original and has all racing, close ratios gears and an aluminum racing intermediate plate on a side shift 901 a with recent rebuild. 930SC front brakes, oil cooler with a custom Brumos Racing fabricated oil cooler cover

Included documentation: Maintenance, ownership, mileage verification records back to 1982 and a photographic record of the Brumos Racing restoration in the owners log. book.

What makes this car special? Very well documented car, in wonderful condition and 22,627 miles. Converted to 914/6 GT specifications, restored and maintained by Brumos Racing for the three most recent owners, all of whom raced for Brumos Racing. Placed in the Brumos Collection Museum for more than five years.

This should answer most of anyones questions about the car. If you want to know more just call the owner.

Asking Price: 85,000.00
+Quote Post
argo19c
post Oct 8 2014, 10:06 AM
Post #13

I'm new here ...

To zack914, thank you in your effort in defending the Porsche 914/6 GT.

To carr914, You may think you were a friend of Bob Snodgrass', however with you attitude, I am certain that he would not have considered you a friend of his!
+Quote Post
carr914
post Oct 8 2014, 06:48 PM
Post #14

Racer from Birth

QUOTE(argo19c @ Oct 8 2014, 12:06 PM) *

To zack914, thank you in your effort in defending the Porsche 914/6 GT.

To carr914, You may think you were a friend of Bob Snodgrass', however with you attitude, I am certain that he would not have considered you a friend of his!

And you would be Wrong! That's why he and I hung around monthly. I'm still friends with his wife Susan & son Harris. Along with all my connections at Brumos.

Sorry you don't like criticism about your Trump'd Up Ad. You're the one that came here announceing that your car was a GT. And still do - it's NOT a GT! And with your Tail between your legs after it didn't Bid at $85k. And then you bring in your shill Zach! And you have the cohones to bitch about my attitude.

I guess you didn't bother to read that I said yours was a Nice Car!
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Oct 8 2014, 07:41 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 17,376
Region Association: Southern California

"And then you bring in your shill Zack!"

Yeah, exactly. I was reading the thread and then was thinking to myself "who the $#@! is this Zack guy suddenly here, answering questions?

Well, it did give me a good humorous read for the day, at least.

Looks like a great car, whether or not it's a GT. But, it should be properly represented as whatever it is.
+Quote Post
zack914
post Oct 8 2014, 09:26 PM
Post #16

Wow, some of you guys never stop with the paranoia. In terms of amusement, I know what you mean it is really amusing watching some here make random paranoid claims about a car/or person. I dont know this gentleman other than the fact that I can pick up a phone and call the seller and request documentation/ pictures on the vehicle. Just call the seller yourself if you are interested in the vehicle. Otherwise, its just a bunch of road noise which has no element of truth. According to your logic, because i was a potential buyer gathering facts makes me a shill. Now thats funny!!! When I read all of the negative statements here it is clear no one has made an attempt to call the seller. He sent me via email an album of pictures and documentation proving his claims. Let me make a simple suggestion, next time do some research before you make a claim about something or someone. If you find that they are misrepresenting some aspect about a car then by all means say something. Heres another interesting fact: the seller doesnt need anyone here to sell his car. When i sold a 914-6 back in 2000 i didnt post the car here and it sold within two weeks. This is a nice rare car with a unique history that many car collectors will want. Thats a fact jack. No speculation involved.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Oct 9 2014, 05:27 AM
Post #17

Racer from Birth

No paranoia here except for maybe you two guys.

Here is a Suggestion; when you put a Thread in the F/S Section, you might want to put something in it other than than stateing a "914-6GT" is on eBay. There is a total different section for eBay Ads

Suggestion #2; if a seller is going to make claims, put some documentation in the Ad (eBay or otherwise). It will avoid confusion & the need for a Shill to provide statements (no proof)

I don't need to contact the Seller, I'm here for the Shit & Giggles. I just pointed out inaccuracies in the Ad and then someone wants to throw personal insults at me, I'm all in!
+Quote Post
zack914
post Oct 9 2014, 09:01 AM
Post #18

No one asked for your so called expert opinion which mostly isnt based on facts. Thats clear as you continue to call me a shill and are so defensive. First, let me say you must be a very mature individual. I do agree that you couldnt possibly be a buyer, your just here playing games. Trying to be funny and trying to be an expert. But whats really funny is you take yourself so seriously. Try to focus on the facts instead of immature name calling. No legitimate person is going to take your opinion seriously otherwise. But as you said you just here for shits and giggles. I guess what some of my other porsche club members have told me about this site are completely true, just a bunch of jokers. Im done with this discussion as it is way to silly for me. You can be all in and keep defending your position all you want. Im done.
+Quote Post
balljoint
post Oct 9 2014, 04:38 PM
Post #19

914 Wizard

Member No.: 1,897

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Please do not make blanket derisive statements about the members of this BBS. To do so is to contravene our code of conduct. And thus risk the consequences of said action.
+Quote Post
MDG
post Oct 9 2014, 05:10 PM
Post #20

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018

QUOTE(balljoint @ Oct 9 2014, 06:38 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Please do not make blanket derisive statements about the members of this BBS. To do so is to contravene our code of conduct. And thus risk the consequences of said action.

Wut?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 09:16 AM