Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> sorting thru some issues and decided to start with cap and rotor, ** updated to 11/20 - 3 issues causing 3 overlapping problems- resolved
DRPHIL914
post Nov 21 2014, 01:39 PM
Post #21

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

after verifying and checking MPS , resetting the TPS i had a day of driving that was o.k. and the TPS fore sure was the cure for the bucking - so that was cured.

- then verified that the CHT was not in spec and this was the cause of my hot start issue that caused it to not start or want to idle correct after running for a while and turning off and trying to restart. - so now with new CHT that issue is resolved.

-but a few days after posting this i could not get the car to start. which led to testing my plugs and wires again, - turns out #2 and #4 plugs looked completely different that #1,#3 pair. - so i pulled the injector trigger points plate and put in a spare that ihad already gotten from Bruce Stone just in case right before Octeenerfest- that whas when i had a similar thing i ghting that is when it realy started but - new injector triggers and...... bam- started right up. amazing the difference - like new now. DRove to work today. After sitting for 2 weeks after i put in the new battery and replaced thos points, fired right up. So these points weree the main issue.

- hope this helps others with similar issues figure it out quicker than i did here. I tried to clean these and it didnt help. I kept them because i am hoping that som how they could be rebuild or replace the contacts or what ever causes them to fail. YOu cant find new one, Bosch quit making them!( i believe there are some chinese copies out there too) .
Wish we could get Bosch to do a run of a few hundred of these because the D-jet can not run without them.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
orangecrate
post Nov 21 2014, 02:43 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 16,394
Region Association: Southwest Region

There's a lot of smart people on this board. Seems some one could come up with another way to fire the injectors. OPtical, crank trigger, something--??
+Quote Post
dknechtly
post Nov 21 2014, 04:16 PM
Post #23

Yellow 914

Member No.: 560
Region Association: None

Fantastic you got it fixed. The points need to have hardly any resistance. Don't use emory cloth or a point file. Something like a jeweler cloth.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Nov 22 2014, 09:29 AM
Post #24

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(dknechtly @ Nov 21 2014, 05:16 PM) *

Fantastic you got it fixed. The points need to have hardly any resistance. Don't use emory cloth or a point file. Something like a jeweler cloth.

I probably went wrong there and used something too rough,
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Nov 22 2014, 09:31 AM
Post #25

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(orangecrate @ Nov 21 2014, 03:43 PM) *

There's a lot of smart people on this board. Seems some one could come up with another way to fire the injectors. OPtical, crank trigger, something--??

I agree!! Along with Foly mps rebuild that would be a big step in keeping these cars and the f.i. running
+Quote Post
fixer34
post Nov 22 2014, 11:33 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 17,908
Region Association: Upper MidWest

So back to the original post. Did you ever figure out what caused the scratches/marks in the cap behind the posts? Never saw anything like that.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Nov 22 2014, 08:54 PM
Post #27

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(fixer34 @ Nov 22 2014, 12:33 PM) *

So back to the original post. Did you ever figure out what caused the scratches/marks in the cap behind the posts? Never saw anything like that.

Yes, one of the clips to hold down the cap was not secured properly and upon starting the car it was loose so the rotor marked it up pretty good. That happened a few months ago, and I had secured the cap with out flipping over to inspect it . I put it back on and didnt think about it again until I started having this recent issue that ended up being the injector triggers. And initially I didnt remember that until someone asked if I had left it loose when starting it and I then realize that was what had happened. I think the cap was working but I replaced it anyway.

+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Nov 23 2014, 05:12 PM
Post #28

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(orangecrate @ Nov 21 2014, 12:43 PM) *

I think Mueller set something up with a pair of Pertronix modules?

--DD
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 10:16 AM