Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 95mm pistons anyone?, JE forged part number
Seabird
post Oct 20 2014, 01:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,683
Region Association: South East States

Looks like I am in the engine rebuilding way at the moment. Finally got feed up with trying to figure out what was wrong with my engine/auxiliary systems so I pulled the motor this weekend.

Probably the last time out on track the motor dropped a valve guide. Found one broken secondary spring. And I still haven't pulled the driver side head!

Fun fun.

Ideally I would like to find quality 95mm pistons (allowed a 1.2mm over bore for the class I am preparing to run) and machine my cylinders to match. There does not seem to be a quality 95mm option on the shelf. (I know AA makes a 95mm piston & cylinder set; I am just not interested in buying it.) My question is: has anyone ordered custom 95mm JE pistons and are willing to share the part number?

Alternatively is there a source for forged 94mm flat top pistons? All the forged pistons I can find are 96mm or bigger.

Thanks,

Miguel
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 06:04 AM