Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 Conversion guys.
Downerman
post Oct 20 2014, 05:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,296
Region Association: None

After 6 months I have finally got my 73, mostly stock looking 914 Renegade through many hurdles with highs and lows for sure. The car is back in the body shop to fix a couple of blemishes from the work done months ago. Nice that a guy stands behind his work.

So, now that I have done this SBC conversion I need to tell you all that without the help of Scott at Renegade, well things would have been very difficult. I ordered a fair amount of stuff from them but he went above and beyond with questions I had about the conversion. To that end, I asked him why there is no forum or users group where guys could ask questions and hopefully find answers. I guess early on they had something or maybe I thought he said that I can't remember. This forum I see has many questions about sub's and SBC. I don't know if a separate forum would yield much but I thought I would ask and see. What do you guys think? Regardless, if anyone has any questions about my experience, please do not hesitate to message me.

Never liked personal plates but I thought this would poke a little fun: "purrest". Once the car is back next week I will post pics. Silver metallic with 7" Fuchs all the way around with stock fenders. A true wolf in sheeps clothing and it drives very well. First impressions is I can't fling the car into corners like I used to with my other 3 914's over the years but then again maybe a rear sway bar would help. Coming out of corners is another thing and I am slowly working my way into that because with that much torque/power your right foot needs to manage things. You get stupid and you will pay dearly. and finding that right combo is something I will learn with time.

Little more info: I purchased this car from a gentlemen near Sacramento who bought this ZZR crate motor for this car brand new. The radiator and pretty much everything about it (Renegade wise) was old and not well done (installed). Most was pulled and replaced with new stuff from Steve. Now just the opposite of that was he spent a bundle with Renegade, years ago to have the transaxle completely rebuilt (Reverse gears, Quafe' limited slip and 930 axles). I'm really not sure what else they did but the bill was in the thousands. It certainly has not shown any signs of stress or malfunction but then again I don't do burn outs either. He drove it a few times and I guess he just parked it for several years until he decided to sell it.

Anyway, PIcs to come next week.

Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 11:01 AM