Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Prospective Owner Seeking Advice, Hoping to officially join the club!
Briby37
post Oct 22 2014, 10:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,049
Region Association: Northern California

Hey Everyone,

Long time lurker and 914 admirer. First time poster. After some saving, and approval from my wife, I'm in the market for a 914! I've been developing some basic thoughts around what I'd like to be looking for, and while it's a matter of preference, I'd love to get your thoughts.

1. '73 or '74 to get the updated transmission, and avoid CA smog (I'm a California resident, bay area)

2. 2.0 - no replacement for displacement!

3. Excellent Drivability - I'm not looking for a project. While I may opt to get it tuned, or upgrade an exhaust, I'd like to be able to drive it home

4. Minimal rust - hell hole, longitudinals, trunk(s), etc. Outside of full restoration, seems like "rust-free" is a misnomer.

5. Appearance group

6. Budget of roughly $20K

That all being said, I'm not exactly sure what to look for in a good interior other than lack of tears, and cracks. So if anyone has a quick note of advice there, I'd appreciate it. Generally speaking, I could spend some money on the car after purchase, but I'd rather spend money up-front. I live in an apartment, so while I have a safe garage, I can't do much work myself.

Any thoughts are appreciated ("sounds good," "no way you'll find all of that," "try looking at X instead," etc.). Thanks, and I'm looking forward to updating you all on my progress!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 07:17 AM