Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Radiator Hose Solution for Suby Conversions, Testing the waters for a group buy
skeates
post Oct 23 2014, 01:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,684
Region Association: Northern California

Hi All - I've been looking into different solutions for merging the two coolant outputs on the 6-cylinder suby motors into a single tube. I finally found something that should work pretty well with these guys Jags That Run. The idea is to use a "T" to merge the two 1-1/8" outlets into a single 1-1/4" hose. The fitting would also be tapped for a 1/4" nipple which would be used as a steam line and routed back to a surge/expansion tank. The following pictures show a rough diagram of my expected set-up and then some examples of their "T" fittings. (Note that I didn't bother including any of the return lines in the diagram)

I'm posting this to see if anyone else would be interested in this fitting since right now it's a one-off production. If I just purchase the one it will be ~$80. However; if I can get 10 or more orders the price will come down to about $30/each! So...any interests?

Attached Image

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.jagsthatrun.com-3684-1414093000.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 07:45 PM