Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 Market Values - Low, High, Mid-range market?, What is the market for 914s in the $7,500 to $14,500 Range?
Johny Blackstain
post Oct 24 2014, 08:49 PM
Post #21

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Oct 24 2014, 07:25 PM) *

Why would you sentence your LE to a sedentary life in a museum instead of out in it's natural state....twisty roads? These cars are made to be driven. Find a deserving enthusiast and make them a deal they can't refuse.

The natural state of my LE is sedentary- been living in a garage for 90% of her life now. 40 years old now w/ 48k original miles on her & all original, unrestored sheet metal. I fire her up once a month & put put through the neighborhood to keep her in good running order. I drive my six for fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Oct 25 2014, 05:02 AM
Post #22

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

The cost of restoration and small parts have risen to where a completely restored 914 in good to great condition is worth the premium, especially in the right color and setup to each particular owner.

Dads car fully restored is worth something in the upper end though I'd never sell it. To duplicate would cost over 20k and so buying a really good one for 14k makes sense.

On the lower end, the 914 can be a never ending money trap that will get you to 14k if you own it long enough. Mikey914 has sure helped to change the bite of this experience, but to me a car needs to be fairly special to take on hobby restoration due to cost.

This is why there's a gap, but I would say there is more upward pressure on the low side.
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Oct 27 2014, 09:44 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,633
Region Association: South East States

Thanks you for all of the comments. So, the prevailing opinions seem to be that the mid-range cars are either being driven, or are partially through a restoration, and therefore there are not a lot for sale. Are there buyers looking in this mid-range market, though?
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Oct 28 2014, 03:44 AM
Post #24

LUFTBRIGADE

Member No.: 15,092
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Oct 24 2014, 06:59 PM) *

I've never sold a 914, never even considered it. I've actually been looking @ others in my area in hopes of finding something reasonable to add to my collection. I'm now convinced I'm off my rocker & don't really care, however I do wonder what to do with my LE since I have no children & don't know of any relatives as nuts as I am. Maybe donate her to the museum if they'll have her. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

I'll take it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I've always had 2 914s and currently just have my LE which I drive about 4-5x a week. I'd like to have a nice DD again and not drive my LE so much. The $5-$7K range you guys speak of is perfect, but I haven't seen much either. I know of a very nice '68 Type 1 with a full restoration locally for 5.5K that I am considering since no mid-range 914s around. Otherwise I'd really like a nicely sorted and affordable -6 conversion as a second 914 for a regular driver.

I am saving the bulk of my money for an '84-'89 Carrera.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:06 PM