Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My 914 Page, Finally Updated but needs more work
riverman
post Feb 1 2005, 05:34 PM
Post #21

Learn As I Go

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,466

Good job! Since I'm only at the beginning of my project, and you're doing (or have done) essentially the same thing as me, I'm interested to know how long it took you. Also, what would you consider harder (more aggravating), the body work or the mechanicals? Most days I just plug away and don't think about the end result, but sometimes I look at how much there is to do and I just wonder why I decided to start this in the first place. I just remind myself that life is in the journey, not the destination.

It's good to see the number of Canadians represented on this board. If any of you are going to be in Kitchener, PM me and you're more than welcome to drop by. My project is my garage and I essentially work at home. It's hard to find people around here with too much enthusiasm for beat up old Teeners.

My Progess Thread
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BigD9146gt
post Feb 1 2005, 06:01 PM
Post #22

OCD member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,502
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

Absolutly wonderful work!
+Quote Post
tracks914
post Feb 1 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #23

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153
Region Association: None

QUOTE (riverman @ Feb 1 2005, 03:34 PM)
I'm interested to know how long it took you. Also, what would you consider harder (more aggravating), the body work or the mechanicals?

From the day I tore it apart to the day I insured it and drove it...17 months 28 days.
What I enjoyed the most? The mechanical. It was the first time I had really painted a base coat/ clear coat car (I'd done enamel stock cars before) and I really learned and enjoyed that, but putting it all back together, clean or new parts, was like icing a cake. I love building motors too, that was fun.
I hated the body work. The welding and fabricating is fun but I can't sand worth a dam. If you look on page 2 of my site, you'll see a door and one trunk lid. 17 hours of applying and sanding body filler on those alone.

This spring I am going to do my tranny and install my SS exhaust system. Then it will all be done..............but it never really ends. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:15 PM