Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V « < 27 28 29 30 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official 2015 WCR RGISTRATION Thread! April 30, 2015, **UPDATE** REG INFO 1/29 - San Simeon, CA.
914_teener
post May 3 2015, 09:52 PM
Post #561

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

Just got home. Finally lost the ignition switch stopping in Fillmore stopping for a cup of coffee and to drain the radiator...so to speak. Turned the key and no joy. As fortune would have it, parked on purpose on a hill...turn the key and popped started it like the old days when I couldn't afford a new battery. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

It was great seeing old friends and community members that I have not met before. Especially the guys from up North that drove a long way to this event. It was a beautiful site (San Simeon) and my wife and I had a great time. The drives and country scenes were absolutely spectacular. It is not often folks of such diverse backgrounds can get together to talk about our common interest.....our cars.

Special thanks to Sir Andy...who makes this site possible along with others. The sponsors for the event, PMB, 914 Rubber, Original Customs, and especially Tina, Don, Mike, Erin and Leamon who put it all together.

Sorry for the long post, but it takes a lot of work to do this and just wanted to express our appreciation.

Rob and Susan

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
euro911
post May 3 2015, 10:28 PM
Post #562

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

I had an awesome time from start to finish … except getting sick (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) a few hours after the award dinner, but that's another story for another time.

Major kudos to the event coordinating team, everything was superbly executed from beginning to end (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

It was really good to see old friends as well as meeting new ones. In addition, it was a real pleasure to finally shake hands with established members that were only avatars, forum posts and phone conversations for so many years (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

I'll add that WCR 2015 is gonna be hard to beat, but looking forward to 2016 and [hopefully] many more to come …

Thank you all for making it another great event to remember ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/party.gif)
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post May 3 2015, 10:40 PM
Post #563

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Fantastic event, very well organized! We especially liked the wine tour!

Met some great people and had some wonderful conversations, look forward to the next one! Maybe I can convince Jerika to setup a napa/murphys/lodi wine tour (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post May 3 2015, 11:32 PM
Post #564

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Thanks to all the organizers! You guys put on a great WCR. Turnout was awesome & things were well planned start to finish. Absolutely great weekend. I just made it home safely (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Blue6
post May 3 2015, 11:42 PM
Post #565

Member No.: 16,470

Ok all you West Coast Ramblers, looking for the owner of a heavily cracked dash top, probably a core. Last night someone left it by my trailer. Unknown if it was supposed to go to someone, or if it was discarded. LMK....
Also thank you to everyone that participated, and special thanx to the event organizers. Outstanding time ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mike D.
post May 3 2015, 11:55 PM
Post #566

OK, It runs now, and pretty good too!

Member No.: 85
Region Association: None

Hi all, home safe and sound! 2 beers and 2 margaritas for relaxation. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

I really want, again, to thank everyone who came out to the event. YOU are the ones who make these events great. I also know of several folks who really wanted to come out and thank you guys too. All the chatter keeps the thread on the first page and really brings awareness for the WCR.

I also want to thank all our sponsors again, and those who stepped up at the last minute and helped.

Mark D. / McMark brought a bunch vintage WCR/WCC items, and Original Customs shirts that we gave away. Thanks!

John P. / VegasRacer, who is a collector of really cool car art and custom P-car license plates, gave us some Route 66 shirts and a great WCR '09 license plate. If you were there in '09 then you already have one.

John / Kapt'n Crusty donated some vintage 914 Ramble hats and a great piece of 914 art, that went home with VegasRacer, of course!

Someone else also threw in a couple of R66 shirts that went into the raffle. Erin couldn't remember who. Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

BIG BIG thanks to Mark W. / mikey914 and the entire 914Rubber.com family! "Seven!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) It was great to finally meet you guys. Thanks for all the great give aways and for livening up the eternal raffle! We were so lucky to have TOO many donations!

Eric S. at PMB for the give away that Everyone wants, including me.

Jaime / Oldskool, American Printworks, came through with our great T-shirts when it was crunch time. Thanks.

Jenna B. at Sierra Madre Collection
Mark T. at Stoddard
Alex W. at PreTech Motorsports
Dave B. at TREMotosport
Alex and family at Resotration Design
Craig at Camp914
Steve M. at Fourteener Magazine (I've got that article coming, I promise!)
Perry K. at 914Limited
Carrie S. and 914Central

SirAndy, for whom none of this would be possible!

Don and Tina Cameron for all the help
Leamon Stansell (123skylights.com for the banner and stickers) for all the experience and help.
And of course my wife! Never forget the wife in a thank you speech! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This is like an Oscar speech, I probably forgot someone, but I hope not.
Love this event, I had a great time and look forward to someone else doing this next year! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post May 4 2015, 01:32 AM
Post #567

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
green914
post May 4 2015, 09:10 AM
Post #568

Member No.: 12,874

Just want to say thank you to all the organizers and sponsors of the 2015 WCR. We had a great time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) awesome event.
Big thanks to Mark for getting our car running so we could enjoy some of the driving.

Thanks,
Jerry & Cynthia
+Quote Post
Mueller
post May 4 2015, 11:02 AM
Post #569

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

Thanks to the sponsors and thanks to the organizers...

I had a GREAT time....

Thank you Jim H for letting me drive your 914 on Friday...

Thank you Sandy for letting me drive the 996 Turbo all day Saturday, my drive home was boring....now 385hp is not enough for a daily driver!

Very inspirational event, I will be making more of an effort to get my car(s) on the road ASAP.

I hope to bring the wife and kids next time...it was a very expensive trip for me..well, not me directly..the wife took the twins to SF for the weekend and was not shy with the Amex card!

Oh yea, and thanks to those that had to remind me I am damn near bald...what I heard from more than one person: "I thought that was you, you had more hair last time I saw you!"

I also showed massive amounts of restraint..someone was selling a decent set of 2Liter Fuchs for $300 that I passed on, it was so tempting!
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post May 4 2015, 01:04 PM
Post #570

Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

A great time for all and we appreciate the efforts put forth by the organizers. Susan and I had to miss the banquet and awards ceremonies due to other social plans in Cambria however we were fairly confident that, based on my car's condition, no certificate-paper would be wasted on our not being there......

Congratulations to all involved / Thru the blurry eyes of a 914nut, it looked like a mileOcars!!.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Attached Image
+Quote Post
sb914
post May 4 2015, 02:28 PM
Post #571

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

Looks like more cars than were there.
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post May 4 2015, 02:51 PM
Post #572

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496

QUOTE(sb914 @ May 4 2015, 01:28 PM) *

Looks like more cars than were there.

No that's exactly how many cars that were photo-shopped photographed...
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post May 4 2015, 03:12 PM
Post #573

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

Yes, there was certainly 58 914's by the garage that day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
sb914
post May 4 2015, 03:17 PM
Post #574

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

That looks pretty suspicious , I don't recall all those cars in the first lot. But who knows I can't remember what I had for lunch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
+Quote Post
Socalandy
post May 4 2015, 03:23 PM
Post #575

Its got to be Yellow!!!

Member No.: 10,742

Had an Awesome time and a big thanks to the organizers and attendee's!!! looking forward to next year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post May 4 2015, 04:58 PM
Post #576

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

Nice Photoshop.
+Quote Post
Mike D.
post May 4 2015, 06:17 PM
Post #577

OK, It runs now, and pretty good too!

Member No.: 85

I got home with only 3 of the 4 Fourteener Motoring Magazine subscriptions that were given out at the raffle. If you are the fourth person send me a PM with your info.

Thanks, Now back to your regularly scheduled program.....
+Quote Post
streetrover
post May 4 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #578

Member No.: 11,163

Again...many, many thanks and kudos to the organizers of this event! Erin, Tina, Mike, Leamon and Don...you all did a magnificent job! I had a great time and returned home happy after having met many wonderful people! Is there now a new thread where we can post the pictures we took from the drives and gatherings? Also, I saw several folks with go-pro video cameras....I would love to get my hands on some video of the drives. 40+ 914's in a row along the coastal highway was truly inspirational! Oh and the twists and turns of Nacimiento (sp) Rd was awe inspiring! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Bob
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post May 4 2015, 08:06 PM
Post #579

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

Post your pics or vid on the live event uploader.
+Quote Post
streetrover
post May 4 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #580

Member No.: 11,163

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ May 4 2015, 07:06 PM) *

Post your pics or vid on the live event uploader.

That'd be great! Is there a link?
+Quote Post

30 Pages V « < 27 28 29 30 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 09:56 PM