Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2056 and stock djet fi, worth the headache to use stock djet fi with 2056 build??
funk
post Nov 14 2014, 01:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,531
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I am trying to get all info if its worth the headache to use a stock fi with 2056?? is it simple to make the tuning adjustments and parts changes and who is the top information man on this subject??from some of the threads people seem to think stick with all stock if going stock fi??I'd like the boost in hp with the 2056 if I can get the stock fi to work properly on the other hand id rather stick with the 1971 stock if there is problems linked with the fi when using larger p and c's ?? I know there are quite a few threads but none of them have been that specific on who works on these set ups mostly do it your selfers doing trial and error with this?? why can't I just send my cpu to a guy and he just tune it specifically to my engine cc??
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 13)
Jesco Reient
post Nov 14 2014, 02:01 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 14,690

QUOTE(funk @ Nov 13 2014, 11:05 PM) *

I am trying to get all info if its worth the headache to use a stock fi with 2056?? is it simple to make the tuning adjustments and parts changes and who is the top information man on this subject??from some of the threads people seem to think stick with all stock if going stock fi??I'd like the boost in hp with the 2056 if I can get the stock fi to work properly on the other hand id rather stick with the 1971 stock if there is problems linked with the fi when using larger p and c's ?? I know there are quite a few threads but none of them have been that specific on who works on these set ups mostly do it your selfers doing trial and error with this?? why can't I just send my cpu to a guy and he just tune it specifically to my engine cc??

My 2056 Used the Raby 9590 Camshaft, I kept the stock D-Jet and could still stand outside the car and start the engine by just turning the key, and let it idle. yes, I had a couple of issues with the D-Jet but only because of parts that were not ready to be happy, stock D-Jet 2056 with the 9590 cam ran great, pulled to 6,000 RPM idled well. But the FI must be in top condition to work right on anything. Go through the P.B. Anders rennlist site.
John
+Quote Post
Jesco Reient
post Nov 14 2014, 02:01 AM
Post #3

OH! and have fun!
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Nov 14 2014, 06:44 AM
Post #4

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

I'm considering the same setup: DJET with 2056.
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Nov 14 2014, 06:44 AM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Use all new parts and MOST of all get new wiring harnesses. The harnesses are old and brittle.
+Quote Post
StratPlayer
post Nov 14 2014, 07:25 AM
Post #6

StratPlayer

Member No.: 27
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Been running a 2056 on a stock 76 D-jet setup for about 4 years now. Car runs great not using a raby cam set up, went with a webcam an lifters. No issues.
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Nov 14 2014, 09:34 AM
Post #7

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

I have been running a 2056 w/Raby cam and Djet since about 2004 with no problems and lots of smiles. MPS has to be recalibrated.
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Nov 14 2014, 10:10 AM
Post #8

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

Glad to see so many smiles from my developments in this thread :-)
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Nov 14 2014, 02:14 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

why can't I just send my cpu to a guy and he just tune it specifically to my engine cc??

Most would consider the ECU not a tunable component with D-Jet, given it is an analog system. Adjustments are going to be mainly with the MPS and or fuel pressure. While someone could probably tweak an MPS to be close if they knew your exact configuration, its an open loop system and there are always minor variations, so dialing it in once with everything in the car is going to be your best bet. If you are trying to say with D-jet anyways...

I prefer to go digital and swap the ECU for Megasquirt
+Quote Post
Jesco Reient
post Nov 17 2014, 10:03 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 14 2014, 08:10 AM) *

Glad to see so many smiles from my developments in this thread :-)

I had Len Hoffman do the head work, I used all of your valve train components, followed your advice to the letter on Valve train geometry and had zero mechanical issues. Did the line boring myself with my new design tooling. It seems I'm doing a lot of Type IV line bore work now.

Thanks for what you've done.
John
+Quote Post
worn
post Nov 18 2014, 01:25 AM
Post #11

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I had succes after tuning the MPS. I suspect it will be easiest with a dead stock cam. I doubt that the modest increase in engine size makes much difference. The cam and compression can though.
+Quote Post
worn
post Nov 18 2014, 01:28 AM
Post #12

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Jesco Reient @ Nov 14 2014, 12:01 AM) *

Go through the P.B. Anders rennlist site.
John

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
funk
post Nov 20 2014, 02:53 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 17,531

QUOTE(worn @ Nov 17 2014, 11:25 PM) *

I had succes after tuning the MPS. I suspect it will be easiest with a dead stock cam. I doubt that the modest increase in engine size makes much difference. The cam and compression can though.

yet does the cam give a noticeable increase in torque and hp??
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Nov 20 2014, 09:06 AM
Post #14

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

The cam gives the most increase of hp/torque as the bump in CC size is minor. CR also has a big impact as I am running 9 to 1 CR along with the cam change to a Raby cam.

Yes, you have to tune the MPS!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:15 PM