Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Salvaged DMV Cert., Does it matter anymore!
tdgray
post Nov 21 2014, 05:35 PM
Post #21

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Group: Members
Member No.: 984
Region Association: None

But..the issue is here...not just a car....something that we all "hope" appreciates over time.

The question becomes...if the scarcity is significant enough...does it matter or does the opposite matter?

If it was a rare 356 ...would you care? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PlantMan
post Nov 21 2014, 10:08 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,352
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(tdgray @ Nov 21 2014, 03:35 PM) *

But..the issue is here...not just a car....something that we all "hope" appreciates over time.

The question becomes...if the scarcity is significant enough...does it matter or does the opposite matter?

If it was a rare 356 ...would you care? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I would not care at all. How many of these cars are left and those that are probably need some restoration help... I would think.
Take a look around to see how many +30 year old cars are on the road. There are not many in my neighborhood except for the occasional CJ5 or CJ7 maybe an old Ford F150 or Dodge Ram, I usually see a lot of old trucks than cars. You see a nice 911 from time to time but a 356, 914, 912 is a rare sighting.

I guess what I am getting at is that after a certain time frame a Salvage title should be dropped by the DMV if a car is over a certain age. Most of our cars are over 40+ years all ready, haven't we all done our part in salvaging a car that might have otherwise been sent to the car crusher???

We should all be given a Major Award! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Lets all start, PETOC
"People for the Ethical Treatment of Old Cars!"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:38 PM