Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I hate lending stuff out!, Does anyone give a rats a$$
JRust
post Jun 2 2003, 07:24 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

O.k I'm a little pissed today! I lent my brother my new to me truck this morning. He had to make a trip to the dump. No problem thats what truck are for. So he loads up then puts a tarp on it so nothing will blow out. But the dipshit straps it down on the outside of my truck bed. I got some lovely scratches down to bare metal from it blowing around. The bungee cords against the side sure did a job too. He didn't happen to notice the damage either. I called him & he offered to pay. So he does feel bad about it & doesn't mind paying to get it fixed. Of course he is family so I'm not gonna have him fork out the $5-800 bucks the shop would charge to fix it! :toilet:
I'm used to truck being used & getting dings here & there. So I guess the damage doesn't bother so much. It is the fact that its there & because he didn't think enough in doing it. I mean its just flippin stupid (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) So my real rant I guess is why don't people use their heads when they borrow stuff. I mean accidents are going to happen now & then. Just a flippin pisser when somethin so stupid happens!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jun 2 2003, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

Jamie, can I borrow your truck to go to California?

Geoff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Jun 2 2003, 07:28 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

I didnt loan my truck out for 3 years straight after the tailgate came back dented and new scratches on the side..

Andy was the first person to borrow it after that.. and I hesitated.

In todays society..its all about passing the buck.. blame it on somebody else. If I F-d it up.. I'll let you know.

B
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Jun 2 2003, 08:07 PM
Post #4

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Im on the other end! The only cars we have are the 3 p cars, and my moms Galant, My grandfather has a new chevy (was at sundays swap meet) and we use it for haulin the stuff around, but last swap meet, the stupid metal peice on the tarp was flapin around and made 2 nicks. He was very nice about it, but my dad didnt want to ask him again for the truck. I needed to make some money so I asked (my grandpa isnt likely to say no, but the "enthusiasm" he has when he asks isnt very helpful for asking again). So this time we got smart and we bought on of those black stretchy things kinda like a net. Put it over the load, tied it down on top of the jumper cables, and the stuff was very solid. Nice walmart fix...
+Quote Post
Zeke
post Jun 2 2003, 08:11 PM
Post #5

Never left, but not right....

Member No.: 197

The last thing I loaned was a clutch disc pilot tool. It was my idea to lend it. 2 days later the guy said, "No, you didn't leave it here, I took the motor to the shop and they torqued the flywheel bolts (typeI) and installed the pressure plate. I give up. Next time I need that tool, I'll be looking all around for it beacuse I won't remember that it's gone. Happen to you?
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jun 2 2003, 08:12 PM
Post #6

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

I let people borrow my old 78 F250 truck but if they ask for the 914, forget it! Even my DD 94 Ford Ranger is off limits as it is my work truck and is there for me to make money.

Geoff
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Jun 2 2003, 08:17 PM
Post #7

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

You can pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives....one of my brother's...we will call him trailer trash Pat....I would not lend a used condom to. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Jun 2 2003, 10:27 PM
Post #8

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441

Seems like every time I loaned sumpin to Wille it came back broke, cut or dented. Broke my ratchet. Used it on the lug nuts of his 4x4 that prolly had never been loose since new (a long long time!) Had to put a 4 foot cheater on them & jump on it to break 'em (he said!) One Proto, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) gonzo! Loaned him my 'lectric shrub pruner with a new 100' cord. It came back in 3 spliced pieces. The last thing was the
bar-b-q with one of those dome lids (the 'spensive kind)... drove it back to me in the back of his pickup w/o tyin' down. I lived on a steep hill & it fell over. Nice big soft ball dent in da lid.
Oh well, he's the kind of friend that will do anything for ya at the drop of a hat so ya jest gotta love 'im.
(but that was the last thing I loaned him!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
bruce
+Quote Post
post Jun 2 2003, 11:44 PM
Post #9

Group:
Member No.: 0

My friend rented his miata to a "Pro driver". He towed it back wrecked after Willow Springs a week ago.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
airsix
post Jun 2 2003, 11:46 PM
Post #10

I have bees in my epiglotis

Member No.: 266

I am glad to lend my truck. But the rule is I come with it. Simple and effective. I'm there and I can intervene at any point. That's the rule and it works. Not always the most convenient for the borrower, but if he doesn't like it he can GO BUY HIS OWN TRUCK.

-Ben M.
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Jun 3 2003, 12:11 AM
Post #11

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

Yep familys the worst. Last week the step son asks if it's ok to borrow my camera to take pics of his band. Says my son will take them. I figure it's ok, come home from work. Camera bag is sitting empty. Step son left the camera at his buddys so the buddy can dl the pics. I say fork over $700 for a new camera or go get it. Cameras back an hour later. Don't ask again. I lend my boat out to buddys who I can trust, most of the time I get it back cleaner than I lent it and with more tackle than I had before. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 3 2003, 05:46 AM
Post #12

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

this was a brand new truck? making a dump run? next time he asks tell him i have a 70 international for sale that will serve his needs perfectly. "but i don't need a truck full time".

kevin
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jun 3 2003, 04:45 PM
Post #13

914 Guru

Member No.: 129

Not brand new. It is a 97' Ford F-250 powerstroke with 4wheel drive. It's a Crew cab & basically my dream truck for quite a while. Was going to wash it today but I'm afraid to think how much worse it will look with it clean! My bro would pay to have it fixed! I just know I'd feel like shit making him do it! Well I'm going to go check out what it will cost me to fix it!
My inlaws are even worse. Lent them many vehicles over the past 10 years. Nothin like seeing someone you don't even know driving your car around. Oh sure you can borrow my son in laws car. Just make sure you run it out of gas first! We had some good talks about that & they won't lend any of my rigs out again. Of course I lent my mother in law my Celica & she blew up the motor. Uh It started making this noise a few days ago. I didn't notice when the oil light came on either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fighting19.gif) . I'd say live an learn but anyone I know in need can always count on me! Just sucks getting the shaft being that way!
+Quote Post
tryan
post Jun 3 2003, 04:53 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 184

my brother keeps a log book of borrow tools, books , manuals ect.

NEVER loan someone your car. offer to give them a ride, haul what they want to haul or tow what they want towed. it's cheaper in the long run.

i loaned my brother my truck ( which i eventually just sold it to him ) and two months later i got a letter in the mail from ford saying i had an unpaid parking ticket. my bro denied everything. i spent hours on the phone taking to bureaucratic pencil pushers only to find out the ticketed car had the same number but a different state. at the time, the ticket would have been cheaper than the phone calls. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:57 AM