Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PCA Renewal, Worth it or not?
pcar916
post Nov 29 2014, 07:13 AM
Post #21

Is that a Lola?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,188
Region Association: None

I bought the 914 in 1994 and I've been a member since 1994 in the Golden Gate region. I've been an active member since then and met a whole bunch of great folks from all over the country. The Ozark Region (Arkansas) was tiny when I got here but with a whole bunch of effort and fun, we grew it into an active thing.

It's part of an entire Porsche experience that includes 914World, many years with the 914 SIG folks, and a big group or independent Porschephyles... wouldn't have it any other way.

In all of the above, shitheads and posers are ignored with relish except for the entertainment value. But that's the same rule applied to all other activity I'm gonna spend valuable time on.

Good luck on your decision and create the environment you want to play in.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pisces914
post Dec 7 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,988

i really like my local PCA, although air cooled porsches seem to be in the minority these days - as a track guy, i found the training to be invaluable, and the track days are significantly cheaper than with other track day vendors - for me, the auto-x's are just too much time standing around chasing cones (all day starting way early) for 3 90 second runs - i also like the tours, although again, i am often one of the few air cooled guys there - the wine and cheese stuff and the older demographic aren't for me, but i just don't do that stuff - the pano magazine is very high quality, as is our local regional magazine - it looks like the GGR is a great group - hope this helps, brad in seattle
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 01:43 AM