Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS 1973 914 2.0
914Next
post Dec 4 2014, 05:44 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Looks like we'll get to see what the market might bear on this car. More pics and its not quite as clean as the original description made it sounds but it does appear to be a very clean car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331404777936?ssPag...mMakeTrack=true
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Dec 4 2014, 08:23 AM
Post #22

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(914Next @ Dec 3 2014, 08:00 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 3 2014, 06:22 AM) *

QUOTE(etcmss @ Dec 3 2014, 04:11 AM) *

recommend pictures of all the concern areas showing condition before believing its a 20K price. Bill had indicated no rust and that has not been shown. Hell hole, engine mounts, under interior carpets, jack points, longs and under trunk carpet all must show great to support this price.

You are absolutely correct! For $20k the car must be virtually rust free, the engine must have FI in place, and the car must be in truly excellent condition. Any rust, carbs on the engine, etc. means you may have to start subtracting. Thorough description and pictures help support the price.

I Don't disagree but I also think we need to recognize that truly exceptional examples are beginning to distance themselves from the rest of the pack. I recently paid QUITE a bit more than $20k for an amazingly clean and original Bahia red '73 2.0. One owner for 41 years with documented 45k miles and original owner statement verifying ownership and the fact the car is 100% original with all documents with the exception of a blend-in of paint on the left front quarter when another car scraped the turn signal area in a parking garage. I'm thrilled with the car and the price paid was absolutely acceptable to me because you just can't find original cars like this anymore.

Agree more documentation is needed on the car under discussion but if it is rust free, all original and clean as described (including original paint) I'd pay north of $20k all day long.

I agree the best of the best will draw bigger money. I think that's true for any air cooled Porsche these days.

Ebay will determine the true price. Judging by the current bid I guess the seller is happy he changed his original asking price (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
kbrunk1
post Dec 5 2014, 06:22 PM
Post #23

Brunk

Member No.: 13,778

Since is fairly inexpensive I have listed this car on ebay.
I have the original sales invoice and the original owners wife is still living if a letter is important.
I have placed more extensive pictures on ebay.
Thanks to all for the comments, suggestions, and advice.

A longer narrative of the car is listed on ebay.

+Quote Post
G e o r g e
post Dec 5 2014, 07:51 PM
Post #24

Dr

Member No.: 4,832
Region Association: None

You state that you have hell hole pictures up on the ebay ad, but what there is doesn't really show it at all. I would like to see how you opened up the drain holes? you need the drivers side as well. on the trrunks can you post a picture of the trunck floor below the tail lights? Also can you take a closer picture of the top of the front hood on the passengers side as it appears to have fresh paint over ??? rust? I'm not sure. Open the hood and if the seal is loose pull it back to get a good shot.
lastly can you get a good over head shot of how the dealer ship cut in the compressor for the AC, I'm interested in seeing the amount of repairs needed to remove the AC.
+Quote Post
914Next
post Dec 5 2014, 08:21 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 17,695

seems like there is quite a bit of red overspray in the engine compartment. What has been repainted?
+Quote Post
kbrunk1
post Dec 9 2014, 10:06 PM
Post #26

Brunk

QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Dec 5 2014, 07:51 PM) *

You state that you have hell hole pictures up on the ebay ad, but what there is doesn't really show it at all. I would like to see how you opened up the drain holes? you need the drivers side as well. on the trrunks can you post a picture of the trunck floor below the tail lights? Also can you take a closer picture of the top of the front hood on the passengers side as it appears to have fresh paint over ??? rust? I'm not sure. Open the hood and if the seal is loose pull it back to get a good shot.
lastly can you get a good over head shot of how the dealer ship cut in the compressor for the AC, I'm interested in seeing the amount of repairs needed to remove the AC.

If you are truly interested in making an offer in the upper teens, then I will send you all the pictures you want.
Your comments would be appreciated.
+Quote Post
kbrunk1
post Dec 9 2014, 10:11 PM
Post #27

Brunk

QUOTE(kbrunk1 @ Dec 9 2014, 10:06 PM) *

If you are truly interested in making an offer in the upper teens, then I will send you all the pictures you want.

Phone numbers are allowed on ebay. Shoot me an ebay inquiry as I do not think they want phone numbers on this site.

+Quote Post
cpfoster
post Dec 9 2014, 10:27 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 11,718

Maybe it's just me, but after following this thread in its' entirety, and also following your Ebay auction, I'm starting to feel sorry for the people on this site that lent you their time and expertise to get your car ready to sell.
+Quote Post
cpfoster
post Dec 9 2014, 10:35 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 11,718

PS - Your phone number is listed in your first post of this thread
+Quote Post
G e o r g e
post Dec 9 2014, 10:45 PM
Post #30

Dr

Member No.: 4,832

QUOTE(kbrunk1 @ Dec 9 2014, 08:06 PM) *

You state that you have hell hole pictures up on the ebay ad, but what there is doesn't really show it at all. I would like to see how you opened up the drain holes? you need the drivers side as well. on the trunks can you post a picture of the trunk floor below the tail lights? Also can you take a closer picture of the top of the front hood on the passengers side as it appears to have fresh paint over ??? rust? I'm not sure. Open the hood and if the seal is loose pull it back to get a good shot.

Without the pictures i requested i wouldn't make you any offer,
but i'm sure if the pictures clarified actual conditions I and others may get your car closer to the $20,000 range.or put any interest to bed.

this site is not ebay , your 1st post still asks for $9500. you need to edit it with your real asking price.
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Dec 10 2014, 02:56 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 17,376
Region Association: Southern California

So, I'm assuming the car is no longer available for $9,500? If it is, I'm in.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Dec 10 2014, 06:52 AM
Post #32

Car Hoarder!

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Dec 10 2014, 03:56 AM) *

So, I'm assuming the car is no longer available for $9,500? If it is, I'm in.

Current bid on ebay is over $14K
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Dec 10 2014, 12:05 PM
Post #33

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Am I the only one who feels the ac and the resulting metal removal is a minus? Perhaps if Eric's rule had been observed the car could have been had at a great price.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Dec 10 2014, 12:38 PM
Post #34

Car Hoarder!

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 10 2014, 01:05 PM) *

Am I the only one who feels the ac and the resulting metal removal is a minus? Perhaps if Eric's rule had been observed the car could have been had at a great price.

What is Eric's rule?
+Quote Post
bcsellie
post Dec 10 2014, 12:43 PM
Post #35

Seattle

Member No.: 17,786
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I offered him above list at $10k, and then was told it was now $20k. Slightly disappointed to say the least.

I own a 1988 930 Factory Slantnose Cab.....if I offered it for $60k, got tons of interest, then bumped it to $120k, I'd likely receive the same feedback.

BTW, it's not for sale (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
malcolm2
post Dec 10 2014, 01:29 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,139

pushing $15K with 3 days to go, but the last 4 bids are from folks with less than 5 eBay transactions. Seller beware!
+Quote Post
914runnow
post Dec 10 2014, 03:51 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 1,948

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 10 2014, 11:05 AM) *

I posted this in here on another car for sale....
My wifes nephew just bought a 73 2.0 Ivory w/ ac..48000 miles
and 2 owner car from Cali..it is q tip clean and pristine..
he took it to 2 local concours in washington state..
both events 2 different people at each event offered 40 g for it..
Alan Caldwell was even amazed..hard to trip him up!!
soooooo the ac hit might not be that big of deal.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Dec 10 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #38

Car Hoarder!

QUOTE(bcsellie @ Dec 10 2014, 01:43 PM) *

I offered him above list at $10k, and then was told it was now $20k. Slightly disappointed to say the least.

I own a 1988 930 Factory Slantnose Cab.....if I offered it for $60k, got tons of interest, then bumped it to $120k, I'd likely receive the same feedback.

BTW, it's not for sale (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

While I understand your disappointment; let's look at it this way. I don't know the seller; however, let's assume he doesn't waste all his time on this forum and monitoring Porsche prices. He decides to post his car for what he paid and gets inundated with emails. He figures something is up and decides to change his price.

If you weren't following the market and listed your slantnose for what you paid...and were inundated with inquiries...wouldn't you do the same? Damn right you would.

You made an offer and it was not accepted...big deal. Had he accepted a deposit I could see you being disappointed. But, as far as I can tell he didn't accept anyone's money.

+Quote Post
HaraPuzo
post Dec 12 2014, 09:12 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 18,187
Region Association: Canada

really nice car you've got there! good luck with the sell. I'm a newbie too, so this is all a learning experience for me.
+Quote Post
etcmss
post Dec 13 2014, 04:11 AM
Post #40

etcmss

Member No.: 5,899

Eric's rule---notice its classified basics.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=194079

don't comment on ads unless......
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 09:17 PM