Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2015 20th Anniversary Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Photo Thread + 914 World Member Meet and Drive to the Concours, Let's caravan with pride in our ride! Meet itinerary post#59 / Concours photo content begins pg3 / Please RSVP for Meet + Breakfast and Drive post#110
tumamilhem
post Dec 4 2014, 12:35 PM
Post #1

LUFTBRIGADE

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,092
Region Association: South East States

I think this will be a fun and great opportunity for other 914 World members who are coming to the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance in March 2015 to meet, get together and caravan our 914s up to Amelia Island, especially since the 914 is the featured car being honored at this event, the second most prestigious classic car show in North America (if not the world). Though the Concours is over four days, the first two days are individual and specialized events; some individually ticketed and some by invitation only. The third and fourth days (Sat and Sun) are the actual car shows, so I thought about doing two meetups, one before each car show on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is the Cars and Coffee at the Concours and Sunday is the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. The drive up Heckshire Drive (the road to Amelia) is an easy winding scenic road that goes right through the Intracoastal (inland water marshes) up along the coast and through Big and Little Talbot Islands to Amelia Island.

I am more than happy to welcome other World members to meet at my house. I have fresh ground coffee (I grind my own beans and get my beans from an excellent local roaster), breakfast foods, etc. Then we can all make a noisy 914 caravan up to Amelia. I am right next to the interstate that goes up to Heckshire and down the street from nice and affordable hotels on the way and next to the interstate for those staying from out of town. Unless you want to stay up at Amelia (which will cost more). Or, we can meet at my place then go to a local spot on the way for breakfast. Or we could all just meet at a place for breakfast and skip my house altogether. We can do this Saturday morning, Sunday morning, or both. I will be going to both days.

If anybody is coming and is interested in doing this, let me know so I can get an idea of how many to expect and make further more detailed plans to accommodate.

Saturday, 14 March 2015
Cars & Coffee at the Concours
9 AM - 1 PM
Over 250 classic and exotic cars from local car clubs will be displayed on the 10th and 18th fairways of the Golf Club of Amelia Island. Vehicles must be pre-registered to participate.

Sunday, 15 March 2015
The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance
9:30 AM - 4 PM
The Golf Club of Amelia Island
10th & 18th Fairways

Entire Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Event Schedule: https://www.ameliaconcours.org/event-information.aspx

With Magnus Walker at the Concours. We had a long chat about 914s. He wants one. An Urban Outlaw 914 would be cool. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Dec 4 2014, 12:43 PM
Post #2

LUFTBRIGADE

Just an FYI, Ferry Porsche's personal 914-8 that he was given for his birthday that resides in the Porsche Museum n Stuttgart is coming, as is George Hussey's original 916. The Brumos Porsche winning 914-6 GTs will be there including Hurley Haywood's first race car and first career win in a 914-6 GT. I also think the #40 914-6 GT that won Le Mans in 1970 may be there, but no confirmation on that as of yet.
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Dec 4 2014, 01:34 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,633

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Dec 4 2014, 01:35 PM) *

I think this will be a fun and great opportunity for other 914 World members who are coming to the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance in March 2015 to meet, get together and caravan our 914s up to Amelia Island, especially since the 914 is the featured car being honored at this event, the second most prestigious classic car show in North America (if not the world). Though the Concours is over four days, the first two days are individual and specialized events; some individually ticketed and some by invitation only. The third and fourth days (Sat and Sun) are the actual car shows, so I thought about doing two meetups, one before each car show on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is the Cars and Coffee at the Concours and Sunday is the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. The drive up Heckshire Drive (the road to Amelia) is an easy winding scenic road that goes right through the Intracoastal (inland water marshes) up along the coast and through Big and Little Talbot Islands to Amelia Island.

I am more than happy to welcome other World members to meet at my house. I have fresh ground coffee (I grind my own beans and get my beans from an excellent local roaster), breakfast foods, etc. Then we can all make a noisy 914 caravan up to Amelia. I am right next to the interstate that goes up to Heckshire and down the street from nice and affordable hotels on the way and next to the interstate for those staying from out of town. Unless you want to stay up at Amelia (which will cost more). Or, we can meet at my place then go to a local spot on the way for breakfast. Or we could all just meet at a place for breakfast and skip my house altogether. We can do this Saturday morning, Sunday morning, or both. I will be going to both days.

If anybody is coming and is interested in doing this, let me know so I can get an idea of how many to expect and make further more detailed plans to accommodate.

Saturday, 14 March 2015
Cars & Coffee at the Concours
9 AM - 1 PM
Over 250 classic and exotic cars from local car clubs will be displayed on the 10th and 18th fairways of the Golf Club of Amelia Island. Vehicles must be pre-registered to participate.

Sunday, 15 March 2015
The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance
9:30 AM - 4 PM
The Golf Club of Amelia Island
10th & 18th Fairways

Entire Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Event Schedule: https://www.ameliaconcours.org/event-information.aspx

With Magnus Walker at the Concours. Magnus calls me "Creamsicle."

I am in for something on Saturday.
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Dec 5 2014, 09:23 AM
Post #4

LUFTBRIGADE

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
vw_porsche
post Dec 5 2014, 11:03 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 15,954

Count me in!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Dec 5 2014, 11:13 AM
Post #6

LUFTBRIGADE

So far that makes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Dec 8 2014, 09:48 PM
Post #7

LUFTBRIGADE

I know there's more than three of us going to Amelia Island! Anybody else?
+Quote Post
siverson
post Dec 8 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

I'm probably going to go, but am flying in from San Diego.

-Steve
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Dec 8 2014, 10:04 PM
Post #9

LUFTBRIGADE

Steve, are you planning on renting a car? You should ride with one of us!
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Dec 8 2014, 10:05 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE(siverson @ Dec 8 2014, 10:56 PM) *

I'm probably going to go, but am flying in from San Diego.

-Steve

Amelia is great. But, not something on my radar every year. However, with the 914 being honored I think it puts it over the top as a - must attend - event in 2015 if possible.
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Dec 8 2014, 10:10 PM
Post #11

LUFTBRIGADE

This event is overwhelming. You'll stay all day and not see everything. It's amazing. A couple years ago when the 50th Anniversary of the 911 was the showcase, the historic, rare and classic Porsches seemed endless.
+Quote Post
Phoenix914
post Dec 9 2014, 06:40 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 7,322

I hope to go, but probably won't know for sure until much closer to the event. It's less than a 3 hour drive for me, so I hope to work it out between now and March.
+Quote Post
JFJ914
post Dec 9 2014, 09:49 AM
Post #13

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 814

A bunch of us are going from Peachstate PCA, but not in the 914.
+Quote Post
VRROOMM1
post Dec 9 2014, 05:05 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 9,302

im trying to have my new car done so i can go
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Dec 9 2014, 06:03 PM
Post #15

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

I'm going to try to go...will be driving something other than a 914, though
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Dec 9 2014, 07:14 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE(VRROOMM1 @ Dec 9 2014, 06:05 PM) *

im trying to have my new car done so i can go

Me too. Hoping to "finish" the '72 and drive down.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Dec 9 2014, 07:53 PM
Post #17

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Dec 4 2014, 12:43 PM) *

Just an FYI, Ferry Porsche's personal 914-8 that he was given for his birthday that resides in the Porsche Museum n Stuttgart is coming, as is George Hussey's original 916. The Brumos Porsche winning 914-6 GTs will be there including Hurley Haywood's first race car and first career win in a 914-6 GT. I also think the #40 914-6 GT that won Le Mans in 1970 may be there, but no confirmation on that as of yet.

If Ferry's car is going to be there maybe The Alien should try to crash land there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif) I wonder if I could sneak past security? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Dec 9 2014, 07:58 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Dec 4 2014, 01:43 PM) *

Where did you read that Ferry's 914/8 will be there? That would be worth the trip. That is a car that most of us will only have one chance to see.
+Quote Post
chads74
post Dec 9 2014, 08:32 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 14,252

Sounds like a fun time and since it's not too far I think I'll have to make the schedule work.
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Dec 10 2014, 11:51 AM
Post #20

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(Phoenix914 @ Dec 9 2014, 07:40 AM) *

I hope to go, but probably won't know for sure until much closer to the event. It's less than a 3 hour drive for me, so I hope to work it out between now and March.

Hey Bryan! When the time comes, let me know if you decide to go so you can join us! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

18 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:42 PM