Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2015 20th Anniversary Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Photo Thread + 914 World Member Meet and Drive to the Concours, Let's caravan with pride in our ride! Meet itinerary post#59 / Concours photo content begins pg3 / Please RSVP for Meet + Breakfast and Drive post#110
snakemain
post Mar 15 2015, 02:38 PM
Post #181

Ronin Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,232
Region Association: None

I had a fantastic time and enjoyed meeting so many people in person finally, in addition to seeing a few I've met before. It was a fantastic show, and a fantastic turnout of 914 World guys. The weather was about as perfect as it could ask for. Made it home safe, with only minor sunburn, and hope the rest of you do as well.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Mar 15 2015, 04:15 PM
Post #182

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Weather was warm and sunny today for the Concours. It was great to see George Hussey's (freshly repainted) 916 and Ferry Porsche's 914-8 in person. There was a wonderful display of 914-6GTs and the 914-6 'pickup truck', all tucked in front of Porsche's display of their electric hybrids and 918.

Now, on to the PCA Parade and Rennsport Reunion in the Fall. Great year if you're a Porsche fan!
+Quote Post
racerbvd
post Mar 15 2015, 04:21 PM
Post #183

Advanced Member

Member No.: 226
Region Association: None

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Mar 15 2015, 03:15 PM) *

Weather was warm and sunny today for the Concours. It was great to see George Hussey's (freshly repainted) 916 and Ferry Porsche's 914-8 in person. There was a wonderful display of 914-6GTs and the 914-6 'pickup truck', all tucked in front of Porsche's display of their electric hybrids and 918.

Now, on to the PCA Parade and Rennsport Reunion in the Fall. Great year if you're a Porsche fan!

Yep, great time, the Blue 914-6 should be ready for Parade. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 15 2015, 06:01 PM
Post #184

LUFTBRIGADE

Member No.: 15,092
Region Association: South East States

WOW. 914 lovers, this was unprecedented.
First off, I was extremely honored to have my LE Can Am on display at the Saturdat Cars and Coffee at the Concours. which for the main event on Sunday, honored, featured and displayed ONLY the 914 in the entire Porsche marquee lineup! NO classic Porsches OF ANY KIND were on display at Porsche except for ONLY a long row of historically significant 914s - and a lot of green in front of them to view them from. In fact, all of Porsche's green was reserved for just the 914. This unprecedented and VERY bold statement in world of Porsche commands and demands the long overdue respect that the 914 deserves.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

For the 914, our time has come.
To our big brother the 911, we respectfully extend to you... our middle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)

I got about 400 really good pictures of 12 914s. Instead of rushing to post, I'd rather take a bit of time to go through and edit them for you guys to make them more memorable. In the meantime, here's the one that makes me the most proud.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dion
post Mar 15 2015, 06:05 PM
Post #185

RN

Member No.: 2,766
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Hello,
Was great seeing World members at Cars & Coffee & the
concours. Eric thanks for trusting me with the keys to the GT, while you
Interviewed Hurley Haywood! fantastic.
Awesome meeting Jamie,Andy,Tommy & catching up
with evil one. As well as many others. I can't keep track. Gettin old.
914's well represented. The GT cars present were awesome
to see in person. The cars and coffee 914's were just as nice.
Tommy's LE was very sharp. I'll post pics when I'm back in
Pennsylvania. Driving home in a.m.
Can't wait to see the "Documentary"!
Safe travels to all. Had a blast.

Dion
+Quote Post
JRust
post Mar 15 2015, 06:07 PM
Post #186

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Tommy the LE looks great bud (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) . So good to see it again & in such a special venue. Congrats
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 15 2015, 06:26 PM
Post #187

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 15 2015, 08:07 PM) *

Tommy the LE looks great bud (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) . So good to see it again & in such a special venue. Congrats

Thanks Jamie! It's been a constant work in progress mechanically and cosmetically. Including installing new fog grills I finished restoring to LE spec as late as that morning! And for the first time, I switched out my usual-running front and rear Euro lenses and put on my NOS American lenses to make the car perfectly OG correct.

Now that the show is over, I have to get period correct rear brakes, replace the fuel regulator, reupholster the front seat bolster, and...

Your mean green looks awesome! So glad you got it back and can enjoy it again!
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Mar 15 2015, 06:35 PM
Post #188

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318

Keep those damned euro lenses off of Valentine! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Mar 15 2015, 06:42 PM
Post #189

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,633

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Mar 15 2015, 08:35 PM) *

Keep those damned euro lenses off of Valentine! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Are they Hellas? I'll buy them and then we won't have to worry about them making it back on the car.
+Quote Post
stevegm
Post #190

Advanced Member

Sorry. I guess I hit add this too many times.
+Quote Post
stevegm
Post #191

Advanced Member

Double post. Sorry.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Mar 15 2015, 06:49 PM
Post #192

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 15 2015, 08:01 PM) *

To our big brother the 911, we respectfully extend to you... our middle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)

Really? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

As 914 owners we should be happy to finally have a seat at the table after years of being ignored. Let's also don't forget that it's only the rapid increase in value in 356's and 911's that has brought this sudden attention to anything air cooled...including 914's

I know you meant that in jest; however, if you want to start something, start it with the watercooled crowd! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 15 2015, 06:53 PM
Post #193

LUFTBRIGADE

^ Actually, I'm looking for a G50 Carrera. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
But yes, it was just in jest. The 911 gets all the attention. For once, we get noticed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 15 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #194

LUFTBRIGADE

Hahaha I know. I just think they look so much better. Plus because my American lenses are OEM and mint, I didn't want anything to happen to them. I saved them to keep them in top shape for an event like this when needed. Although if I get another 2nd 914 (a /6 conversion), I'll likely keep the American lenses on the LE and put the Euro lenses on the conversion and drive that one regularly instead of the LE (to keep it in good shape).
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Mar 15 2015, 06:57 PM
Post #195

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 15 2015, 04:49 PM) *

As 914 owners we should be happy to finally have a seat at the table after years of being ignored. Let's also don't forget that it's only the rapid increase in value in 356's and 911's that has brought this sudden attention to anything air cooled...including 914's

I know you meant that in jest; however, if you want to start something, start it with the watercooled crowd! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Sure would be nice if we could get some IDs of the fourteeners pictured at the party.
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Mar 15 2015, 07:04 PM
Post #196

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 15 2015, 08:56 PM) *

Hahaha I know. I just think they look so much better. Plus because my American lenses are mint, I didn't want anything to happen to them. I saved them to keep them in top shape for an event like this when needed. Although if I get another 2nd 914 (a /6 conversion), I'll likely keep the American lenses on the LE and put the Euro lenses on the conversion and drive that one regularly instead of the LE (to keep it in good shape).

I keep mine on the LE & have euros on my six, along w/ the camp 914 kit for the front ones. Since she lives in the garage they stay in great shape but I understand what you mean by wanting to keep them pristine. You can always cover them up w/ either green or preferably blue painters masking tape- it does a good job in preventing UV damage. When I got my LE running again both Bowlsby & Garvey fed me boatloads for putting euros on her. So off they came & my US specs went back on for good. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 15 2015, 07:20 PM
Post #197

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 15 2015, 08:57 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 15 2015, 04:49 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Sure would be nice if we could get some IDs of the fourteeners pictured at the party.

I'm going through those now. I haven't really been home in the last couple days, just to sleep (literally just a couple hours Friday and Saturday night). They will be posted in The 914 Experience thread and the East Coast Beach party thread, probably later tonight. We did a group shot of four cars. Unfortunately, two of them had just left before we took the shot (and Irish Green /6 with brown interior and a silver /4). We had six at the party.
+Quote Post
914Next
post Mar 15 2015, 08:28 PM
Post #198

Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Sara and I had a great time! Far better than we had imagined. The 914 crowd is as impressive in person as it is on the forum. Was great to meet all of you. As new 914 owners we didn't know what to expect but what a great group it is. And…the 914 display today did not disappoint.

Tommy, thanks for the great Jacksonville hospitality. Really appreciate all of the work you put into this.

Steve and Sara
+Quote Post
jgara962
post Mar 15 2015, 08:36 PM
Post #199

Yo, this is how I roll

Member No.: 3,879
Region Association: Northern California

Did anyone take any pics (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 16 2015, 07:11 AM
Post #200

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(914Next @ Mar 15 2015, 10:28 PM) *

Sara and I had a great time! Far better than we had imagined. The 914 crowd is as impressive in person as it is on the forum. Was great to meet all of you. As new 914 owners we didn't know what to expect but what a great group it is. And…the 914 display today did not disappoint.

Tommy, thanks for the great Jacksonville hospitality. Really appreciate all of the work you put into this.

Steve and Sara

Thank you, Steve! I really appreciate that and it was beyond my pleasure! The best part of all of this was all of us getting together and it was a wonderful experience. I really enjoyed your and Sara's company and everybody else's.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

18 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 03:08 AM