Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V « < 16 17 18  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2015 20th Anniversary Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Photo Thread + 914 World Member Meet and Drive to the Concours, Let's caravan with pride in our ride! Meet itinerary post#59 / Concours photo content begins pg3 / Please RSVP for Meet + Breakfast and Drive post#110
bandjoey
post Apr 17 2015, 10:13 AM
Post #341

bandjoey

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Apr 9 2015, 12:12 PM) *

All great shots of the troutman truck, but why not make a new thread for it, one for each GT and one for the /8

there are so many pictures in this thread they all begin to blend together and the info is lost

OT
Been asking and shot down so far. It would be great to have a forum thread to move these major events into and/or one for event photos. Yes there's an event thread but.. Look at the events there. Old and never updated After an event.
Rant over.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BJH42
post May 25 2019, 04:43 PM
Post #342

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,311
Region Association: None

Hi, do you know anything about the tangerine 914/6 GT reg ‘Yep a 6’ that you captured pics of at the Amelia island c&c event? Am curious about the build and engine spec, as well as who may have done the modification work, and when? Thanks B

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 16 2015, 08:29 AM) *

Hey guys! I took TONS of pictures and am editing them now. I'll be posting them in sequential order of events (Cars and Coffee, the 914 World Member and 914 Experience East Coast Beach Party and The Concours d'Elegance).

First I'd like to say that it was a real honor and pleasure meeting everybody who came to the three events I hosted. I really enjoyed everybody's company and I'm so glad that everybody had such a good time. It was really nice to put faces, names and personalities to everybody we've interacted with on here with just a handle. Everybody was so nice, warm, welcoming and really just wonderful to get to know. And I'd like to extend an open invitation to all of you who came to get together anytime you're coming through Jacksonville.

I'd also like to send a special thanks once again to Eric, Andy and Jaime, who came to my house to help me out last minute with my car. The entire weekend you guys were just really nice, down to earth personable and a great group of guys. And I think on behalf of all of us on the World, we thank you for your efforts in making this documentary for all of us. Of course, I'm sure it's been great fun for you guys too, as it should be. And thank you to all the World members who helped pitch in funding this project.

Now onto the pics!

So the first set is from the Cars and Coffee at the Concours. Some 914 World Members braved the early hours to gather for food (coffee) and drive up to Amelia early for the couple of us that had to be there early to park on the green. There were hundreds of cars for the Cars and Coffee, but admittedly I didn't walk around too much and stayed primarily in the Porsche section and mostly by my car talking to people and generally just really being excited it was there. There were about nine 914s, two of which were completely OG - mine and John's 1970 Irish Green /6 with brown interior. Others were /6 conversions, most of which were tastefully done, and a couple /4s that had slightly modified engines. I also took a few shots of other cars that caught my attention for the brief time I wandered away from my car... which I took 100 pictures of itself. Enjoy!

I put on my NOS American lenses for the first time to make my car perfectly correct for the Concours, switching out my Euro lenses. I also just finished restoring my second pair of fog grills so late, that I didn't even get to put them on until I got to the green. They were corroded so I sanded them down with 0000 steel wool, cleaned them up, primed and painted them satin black. Came out pretty nice to show!

Leaving the 914 World Member Breakfast that morning:

Puttin' on the grillz

Cars and Coffee 914s:

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

18 Pages V « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:22 AM