Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2015 20th Anniversary Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Photo Thread + 914 World Member Meet and Drive to the Concours, Let's caravan with pride in our ride! Meet itinerary post#59 / Concours photo content begins pg3 / Please RSVP for Meet + Breakfast and Drive post#110
rick 918-S
post Feb 25 2015, 07:29 AM
Post #41

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Feb 20 2015, 04:00 PM) *

The Cars and Coffee is free (Saturday)
The Concours event on Sunday is $80 advance, $100 day of.

100.00 to park or enter? With or without car?
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Feb 25 2015, 07:31 AM
Post #42

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 25 2015, 05:29 AM) *

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Feb 20 2015, 04:00 PM) *

The Cars and Coffee is free (Saturday)
The Concours event on Sunday is $80 advance, $100 day of.

100.00 to park or enter? With or without car?

100.00 per person to walk through the gates on sunday. No car.

To all going....Buy your tickets in advance. Trust me, you do NOT want to stand in that line Sunday morning
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 25 2015, 07:52 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,633
Region Association: South East States

Does anyone know if Ferry's 914-8 and George Hussey's 916 be at the cars and coffee on Saturday? Or only on Sunday. I think I need to go back home Saturday evening. So I'm trying to figure out what there is to see Saturday.
+Quote Post
gereed75
post Feb 26 2015, 01:10 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 15,674
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 25 2015, 08:52 AM) *

Does anyone know if Ferry's 914-8 and George Hussey's 916 be at the cars and coffee on Saturday? Or only on Sunday. I think I need to go back home Saturday evening. So I'm trying to figure out what there is to see Saturday.

I also will be only able to attend Saturday. Can we see the concour teeners on Saturday?????

I will flying into the county airport on Friday. Would like to join up with teener folks whenever. Lookin forward to it!!
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Feb 26 2015, 11:57 PM
Post #45

LUFTBRIGADE

Member No.: 15,092

Yes. I spoke to Bill Warner (owner of the Concours) the other day at the Brumos Famous #59 event and he confirmed both of those cars, as did my neighbor Mike (his assistant) months ago. They will be there on Sunday.
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Feb 26 2015, 11:59 PM
Post #46

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(gereed75 @ Feb 26 2015, 02:10 PM) *

I also will be only able to attend Saturday. Can we see the concour teeners on Saturday?????

I will flying into the county airport on Friday. Would like to join up with teener folks whenever. Lookin forward to it!!

I am organizing a drive to the Concours that Saturday morning - EARLY.

Meetup for breakfast at 5 AM, drive begins at 6 AM as admittance for the field begins at 7:15 AM (to 8:45 AM strict cutoff time). It's a 45+ minute drive but better to be there early and park all our 914s together! I will be posting details this weekend as I am working 24 hours straight until 11 PM Friday evening.
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Feb 27 2015, 06:45 AM
Post #47

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I'd be in... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 27 2015, 07:19 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Feb 27 2015, 12:59 AM) *

QUOTE(gereed75 @ Feb 26 2015, 02:10 PM) *

I am organizing a drive to the Concours that Saturday morning - EARLY.

Meetup for breakfast at 5 AM, drive begins at 6 AM as admittance for the field begins at 7:15 AM (to 8:45 AM strict cutoff time). It's a 45+ minute drive but better to be there early and park all our 914s together! I will be posting details this weekend as I am working 24 hours straight until 11 PM Friday evening.

Can you post or PM me your address? So, I can start to figure out if I can make it Saturday morning?
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Feb 27 2015, 07:33 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Isn't the Cars and Coffee on Saturday, and the Concours on Sunday? I assume you're driving together to the Cars and Coffee.

Though we won't have our 914 down there, we'll certainly stop by to say hi!
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Feb 27 2015, 09:59 AM
Post #50

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

Quick rundown of the main attractions

Thursday:

RM auction previewing, open to all

Friday:
Goding previewing ( open to public )
Porsche driving experience ( sold out )
Goodings auction ( Bidding room is closed off, but there is audio and video all around the tents, and the cars remain on display until their time to go across the stage )

Saturday :

C&C
Festival of Speed
RM auction ( closed to public )
Hollywood cars auction ( open to public, 2 914-6 in this one )

Sunday :

Concours event

There is a lot more to see and do, but being 914 owners, I doubt any of us would shell out the $$$ to do them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Know in advance, the preview for the Gooding auction does have an entrance fee ( 20-30.00 iirc) The RM auction cars are inside and outside the main hotel ( Ritz-Carlton) and is open to all, no charge

I'm trying to get the exact address for the condo we have ( Eric spoke of in his thread) for a teener gathering friday afternoon/night. The owners have been hard to get hold of. I'll pots here, and in his x-country thread once I have the address
+Quote Post
vw_porsche
post Feb 27 2015, 01:40 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 15,954

I'm in! See ya on Saturday morning.
I'll be watching for you to post the address.
+Quote Post
914Next
post Feb 27 2015, 04:09 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(vw_porsche @ Feb 27 2015, 02:40 PM) *

I'm in! See ya on Saturday morning.
I'll be watching for you to post the address.

Sara and I will be there for the weekend also. Looking forward to it! The 914 will unfortunately be staying home.
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 27 2015, 04:10 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Anybody want to get together for lunch Saturday?
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 28 2015, 11:48 AM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 27 2015, 10:59 AM) *

Quick rundown of the main attractions

Thursday:

Friday:
Goding previewing ( open to public )
Porsche driving experience ( sold out )
Goodings auction ( Bidding room is closed off, but there is audio and video all around the tents, and the cars remain on display until their time to go across the stage )

Saturday :

C&C
Festival of Speed
RM auction ( closed to public )
Hollywood cars auction ( open to public, 2 914-6 in this one )

Sunday :

Concours event

There is a lot more to see and do, but being 914 owners, I doubt any of us would shell out the $$$ to do them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Know in advance, the preview for the Gooding auction does have an entrance fee ( 20-30.00 iirc) The RM auction cars are inside and outside the main hotel ( Ritz-Carlton) and is open to all, no charge

I'm trying to get the exact address for the condo we have ( Eric spoke of in his thread) for a teener gathering friday afternoon/night. The owners have been hard to get hold of. I'll pots here, and in his x-country thread once I have the address

A teener gathering Friday night sounds good. I have changed my plans so I can be there Friday afternoon, and stay through Sunday.
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Feb 28 2015, 12:29 PM
Post #55

LUFTBRIGADE

Hey guys! Yes provided I do not have to work Friday evening, I was going to suggest a 914 outing. There's a few nice spots we can go out for a drink, hang out and get to know each other.

Saturday morning for Cars and Coffee will be the drive. It will be EARLY. They start admitting cars onto the green at 7:15 AM to 8:45 AM. The earlier we get there (waiting) the better because there's 250+ cars on the green and I'm not sure how they have it organized if it's by marquee, but if we're all together (those in the Cars and Coffee) we can all park our 914s together.

I am thinking we can all meet for breakfast at 5 AM. That will give us an hour and 15 minutes. At 6:15 AM we should start the drive to Amelia which is a 45+ minute drive up the intracoastal and ocean coast on a one way winding road. Very nice drive.

I have been working non-stop but will be posting details for everything soon and will do a roll call of who is coming. I am also have another Concours thread you'll all want to be a part of (and everybody else to check out) as soon as I can get some time today to edit a few photos.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Feb 28 2015, 03:52 PM
Post #56

LUFTBRIGADE

Post #56...
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Feb 28 2015, 03:57 PM
Post #57

LUFTBRIGADE

Post #57...
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Feb 28 2015, 03:58 PM
Post #58

LUFTBRIGADE

Post #58...
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Feb 28 2015, 03:58 PM
Post #59

LUFTBRIGADE

Itinerary for the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Cars and Coffee 914 World Meet and Drive:

All members are welcome! Please comment after this post if you will be attending (even if you have already done so in an earlier post, so I may get an updated, accurate count). Please note that this will be an EARLY start due to those of us who are participating in the Concours that must drive our cars onto the green at a designated time.

PS - If you have a 914 shirt, I encourage you to wear it so we can readily identify each other (Friday night and Saturday on the green)! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

FRIDAY 13 March What/Where/When:

WHAT: Member Cocktails and Conversation Evening Out
WHERE: Ovinte 10208 Buckhead Branch Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32246
WHEN: 7 PM - 10 PM
Ovinte is a nice indoor/outdoor wine bar and lounge (wine, beer, liquor, tapas) at the St. John's Town Center. Cocktails, conversation and comradery and ladies in slinky cocktail dresses oogling over our cars. Or at least us pretending they are. Got a 914 shirt? Wear it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

* GAS UP! We have an early start and tight schedule Saturday morning. Please gas up and pack up Friday for whatever you need for Saturday at the Concours (food, water, etc.).

SATURDAY 14 March Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Cars and Coffee 914 World Meet and Drive What/Where/When:

WHAT: Member Meetup / Pre-coffee coffee
WHERE: My home (PM me for address)
WHEN: 4:30 AM - 5:05 AM
The starting point for the day, where we will first meet, wake up (freshly ground American style, French press and Lebanese coffee), hang out and gather together as a group.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

WHAT: Member Breakfast
WHERE: IHOP 8400 Baymeadows Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32256
WHEN: 5:10 AM - 6:00 AM
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

WHAT: Member Drive to the Concours
WHERE: IHOP 8400 Baymeadows Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32256
WHEN: 6:00 AM SHARP immediately after breakfast (BE ON TIME aka EARLY if you are not attending the breakfast as we need to leave at this time to get to the Concours in time to be first admitted to the green). The drive is 1 hour up Heckscher Drive. The alternate route is take 95N which is 10 minutes shorter but boring as hell. Heckshire is a pretty, coastal and winding drive. See route below.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Attached Image

WHAT: Admittance to park 914s on the Green for display for the Concours d'Elegance Cars and Coffee
WHERE: The Ritz-Carlton and Golf Club of Amelia Island 4700 Amelia Island Pkwy, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
WHEN: 7:15 AM - 8:45 AM SHARP (closed to entries promptly at 8:45 AM - NO EXCEPTIONS)
* Note: Only display cars that have already been accepted by the Concours d'Elegance to be in the Cars and Coffee may park on the green. If your car is for display for the event, it MUST have the provided Concours Cars and Coffee decal displayed in the windshield to be in the show - NO EXCEPTIONS (so don't lose it).
Those who do not have cars on display may find parking on the street (where allowable), in designated and directed parking areas for the Concours, private yards (people living across the street and in the area charge a few bucks to park in the yard), etc.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/creamsicle914.jpg)

WHAT: MotorXpo
WHERE: The 1st Hole of the Golf Club of Amelia Island
WHEN: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Free Admission
Vendors and cars on display on the first hole of the Golf Club of Amelia Island

WHAT: The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Cars and Coffee
www.ameliaconcours.org
WHERE: Golf Course at The Ritz-Carlton and Golf Club of Amelia Island 4700 Amelia Island Pkwy, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
WHEN: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Free Admission
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

WHAT: Conclusion/Exit for The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Cars and Coffee
WHEN: 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Display cars are exited from the green to begin parking for the Sunday Concours promptly at this time. Your car on display WILL NOT be allowed to leave the green until 1:00 PM and must be off the green by 1:30 PM. The attendants of the Concours will assist and direct all cars. All you have to do is be there and drive.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif)

WHAT: The 914 Experience East Coast Beach Party (link to the East Coast Beach Party Thread - Please RSVP on that link)
WHERE #1: Casa Marina (upstairs lounge)
691 1st St N, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
www.casamarinahotel.com
WHEN: 3 PM
Casa Marina is a very old and famous historical Spanish hotel on the beach (as well as a hangout for Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly) on JAX Beach. They have a terrace lounge upstairs for cocktails, mingling, and live music.

WHERE #2: The Pier Cantina and Sandbar
412 1st St N, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
www.thepierjax.com
WHEN: (After Casa Marina)
The Pier Cantina and Sandbar is a two level restaurant indoor/ outdoor bar and lounge on the beach boardwalk. Has live music.

Parking will likely be in the Jacksonville Pier parking lot, which sits between Casa Marina on one side and The Pier Cantina and Sandbar on the other. We will try to get all our 914s lined up in a row for pictures.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)

The following are the entire official events for Saturday at the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance:

MotorXpo
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Vendors and cars on display on the first hole of the Golf Club of Amelia Island
Free Admission

Cars & Coffee at the Concours presented by Heacock Classic Car Insurance
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Over 250 classic and exotic cars from local car clubs will be displayed on the 10th and 18th fairways of the Golf Club of Amelia Island. Vehicles must be pre-registered to participate
Free Admission

The Shop at the Concours
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Santa Maria 1

Automobilia and Luxury Lifestyle Merchants
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
Open to Public

Test Drives – Various Manufacturers
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Ritz-Carlton & The Golf Club of Amelia Island, Front Driveway
Complimentary

The Amelia Island Concours Silent Auction
10:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island Plaza 1

The Car Guys of Television
10:30 a.m.
Learn about the challenges of producing an automotive television show
Racer and Broadcaster Tommy Kendall will moderate a panel to include: Wayne Carini - Chasing Classic Cars; Ray Evernham - Americarna; Peter Klutt - Legendary Motorcar; Barry Meguiar - Meguiar's Car Crazy; Bob Varsha - Auto Racing Television Commentator and Dale Walksler - What's in the Barn.
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Talbot Ballroom
Poster signing follows seminar
$30 per person –Tickets can be purchased online www.ameliaconcours.org or at the door on the day of the event. Open to the Public. Limited Seating.

RM Sotheby's Amelia Island Sale
11 a.m.
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Grand Ballroom
Admission is for registered bidders, sellers and credentialed media only. For more information, visit www.rmauctions.com or call (800) 211-4371 or (519) 352-4575

Book Signings
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island Talbot Pre-Function​
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Feb 28 2015, 04:19 PM
Post #60

LUFTBRIGADE

Valentine will be on the green for The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance "Cars and Coffee at the Concours"! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/creamsicle914.jpg)
Anybody else in the Concours Cars and Coffee?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post

18 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:10 AM