Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Subaru conversion help needed
mepstein
post Jan 25 2015, 01:00 PM
Post #61

914-6 GT in waiting

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(914forme @ Jan 25 2015, 01:43 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 25 2015, 12:57 PM) *

Once I get the car together and running, it will get torn down and get the full treatment. The last bit of rust repaired. The roll bar will be removed. Various holes plugged and finishing work on the flares done. This is the car that will get a steel hard top.

Thats where I am heading right now. I have built the rotisserie, I have just finished gutting the car, I am have stripped to a bare shell! And well, I am currently trying to get a local 944 parts guy to get me a hard top, I am thinking solid, but part of me wants to go with a sunroof, and maybe keep A/C out of the car., I'm getting older and things like heat and A/C become much more of a want now. Kinda like a quite exhaust! I have a new set of street wheels coming in. 7 and 9s, x 17s, flares, and right now I am toying with a couple of ideas for cooling. A set of headers, and flipping the intake to keep me from cutting the rear trunk. My list is long!

I have already subscribed, now let the both of us get to building (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) Maybe not in that order (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I want a/c and heat but no sunroof. My rear trunk bulkhead is already cut from a previous build so no worries about looking stock. I will box in the rear trunk once I know how the engine and trans fits. I will have Scott build a top from scratch. It should be easy for him. I am thinking I may be able to leave out longitudinal reinforcement with the addition of a steel top.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:28 AM