Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Two 914-World members have their cars in the currentPanorama -One's mine! :)
Cuda911
post Dec 18 2014, 01:04 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,376
Region Association: Southern California

Hey! I just looked at the pic again.. that's me in it!

I thought Ethan was just talking some some homeless beach bum, or something.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Dec 18 2014, 07:58 AM
Post #22

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Hmmm... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) That story may have to continue... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SKL1
post Dec 18 2014, 10:59 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Pete Stout is definitely a 914 guy, and lurks around here and Rennlist... And yes, he used to be at Excellence and moved over to Pano a while back. He's the one who changed the size of the magazine from the glovebox size to the regular size we see now.
It is easier to read now but takes up more space when you save them. (Much to my wife's dismay, I've got 44 years or so stacked around the attic in the garage. Never know when you might need to look something up!)
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Dec 18 2014, 03:08 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(SKL1 @ Dec 18 2014, 08:59 AM) *

Pete Stout is definitely a 914 guy, and lurks around here and Rennlist...

Yeah, this is the second 914 article in a few months. There was a great article about another 914 maybe two or three issues ago.

Pete S. - Thanks!
+Quote Post
toadman
post Dec 18 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 5,316

QUOTE(Manny Alban @ Dec 17 2014, 07:01 PM) *

Actually, yes. $46/year....you'll get this issue plus 11 more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 17 2014, 10:25 AM) *

Would it be wrong to ask for a copy of the text to be posted for those of us who have let their PCA membership lapse?

Considering the source, I would heed Mr. Alban's advice.
+Quote Post
saigon71
post Dec 21 2014, 07:54 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 10,428
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Well done gentlemen! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I love seeing our 914's get the press they deserve.

Both of your cars look awesome!
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Dec 21 2014, 11:09 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

Pete Stout is a really nice guy and a great writer. I look forward to reading his "Editor's Note" every month. I bought a really nice set of 914 tail lights from him here recently and he sent me some back issues of Pano with 914 content when he shipped the lights. Very thoughtful.
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Dec 21 2014, 01:34 PM
Post #28

Can anyone here spare their Dec. issue? I'd like to have a few add'l copies.
Thanks.
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Dec 22 2014, 01:25 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

Ethan's the hero here—a guy who defies stereotypes lobbed at his generation and one who built an awfully sharp 914 with ingenuity and hard work. The author and photographer also nailed this one. Love the fact that Harley thought to ask Ethan's SO for her take on the car and what it means to Ethan, and about him. And Hassler got some of the most evocative 914 images I've seen in a long time.

Thanks for letting us feature your car, and tell a bit of your story, Ethan!

pete
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Dec 22 2014, 02:08 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Dec 21 2014, 11:25 PM) *

Ethan's the hero here—a guy who defies stereotypes lobbed at his generation and one who built an awfully sharp 914 with ingenuity and hard work. The author and photographer also nailed this one. Love the fact that Harley thought to ask Ethan's SO for her take on the car and what it means to Ethan, and about him. And Hassler got some of the most evocative 914 images I've seen in a long time.

Thanks for letting us feature your car, and tell a bit of your story, Ethan!

pete

Indeed. Excellent build by Ethan on his car, and excellent article and photography! Well done effort by all!!
+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Dec 22 2014, 02:28 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 13,549
Region Association: Northern California

I finally received my December issue yesterday and it was an awesome write up. Ethan sounds like an amazing young man and his car is awesome! I can't believe two 914 write ups this year! I believe we are moving in from the shadows!
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Dec 22 2014, 10:00 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 9,714

Well, I'm glad I finally got back on the world and saw this. The response to the article has been hugely positive. Thank you so very much to everyone for the kind words regarding it. Being featured in a magazine, much less Pano is a dream come true for me, and was something I had dreamed of happening since I was a very young kid reading some of my dad's old HotRod magazines.

None of this would have been possible without this board, and the amazing people that frequent it, so thank you all for that.

I can't take full credit for anything on my car. I have been blessed to have had the opportunity to work alongside some awesome 914 people, and learn huge amounts about these cars, and have helped me along the way either financially or with parts, or with anything else the car has ever needed.

Thank you also to Pete I still can't believe that Pano of all magazines wanted to an article on me and my car. It all still seems surreal to look in a printed magazine and see my car..

Thank you again to everyone who has been involved in my 914 life. None of this could have been possible without you.
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Dec 22 2014, 10:10 AM
Post #33

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Dec 22 2014, 03:28 AM) *

I finally received my December issue yesterday and it was an awesome write up. Ethan sounds like an amazing young man and his car is awesome! I can't believe two 914 write ups this year! I believe we are moving in from the shadows!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
I just got my Dec. issue and YES, Ethan's article is awesome. A wonderful young man with a bright future!! I am amazed how fast he gets his DD running & on the road. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
Tom
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Dec 22 2014, 10:42 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Dec 22 2014, 08:00 AM) *

Well, I'm glad I finally got back on the world and saw this. The response to the article has been hugely positive. Thank you so very much to everyone for the kind words regarding it. Being featured in a magazine, much less Pano is a dream come true for me, and was something I had dreamed of happening since I was a very young kid reading some of my dad's old HotRod magazines.

None of this would have been possible without this board, and the amazing people that frequent it, so thank you all for that.

I can't take full credit for anything on my car. I have been blessed to have had the opportunity to work alongside some awesome 914 people, and learn huge amounts about these cars, and have helped me along the way either financially or with parts, or with anything else the car has ever needed.

Thank you also to Pete I still can't believe that Pano of all magazines wanted to an article on me and my car. It all still seems surreal to look in a printed magazine and see my car..

Thank you again to everyone who has been involved in my 914 life. None of this could have been possible without you.

You're welcome, but you're actually the gift here. Not sure you get that, which makes it even cooler. Your Porsche story runs counter to everything we hear about your generation, and about Porsche people and PCA—and reminds us that all that is a load of BS, just as most stereotypes are when applied across the board. Which means your story is refreshing and inspiring.

But forget the lot of us—I think you'd better thank that girlfriend of yours! She sounds like a keeper, judging by what she had to say. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Cal
post Dec 22 2014, 12:06 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 18,138
Region Association: North East States

Here's a pretty cool 10 minute youtube video of Ethan taking the 914/6 up the Palomar Mountains.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM__Zn_4wf8
+Quote Post
green914
post Dec 22 2014, 02:05 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 12,874
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 17 2014, 07:26 PM) *

Amongst the millions of friggin' catalogues the wife gets, where is my Panorama?

I just pulled my copy out of my grandson's hands, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) only damaged one page. Great looking 914s, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
Steve
post Dec 22 2014, 08:18 PM
Post #37

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

I just got mine today. I think California is the last state to get Panorama. Really sucks when you see something in the classifieds and it was sold several days ago.
Nice writeup Ethan!! Beautiful car and story. Congrats!!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:51 AM