Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1970 914-6
dw914six
post Dec 19 2014, 01:29 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,902
Region Association: Southwest Region

I get totally confused on the 914-6. And I own 2 of them. I actually want to sell 1, since I'm not driving them, but who knows what they are worth?

I hear so many different opinions on value. Certainly bone stock original is the cream of the crop, but I continue to see the different flavors of customization owners have installed on these cars and they still seem to bring more and more.

With now 44 years of the cars being driven, seems likely that to be stock you would expect to buy a car and have work you have to do to bring it back, otherwise it's at the top of the price range.....but it's still an original model 914-6. You can't make em but you can bring em back.

So my real question after all this noise I just typed is what is the low end of a solid 914-6 that has some mods? And I know...what ever someone is willing to pay on that day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Dec 19 2014, 02:06 PM
Post #22

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Pictures, pictures, pictures along with a list of mods, issues, etc. and I am sure you will get a ton of opinions on value.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
john77
post Dec 19 2014, 02:24 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 17,027
Region Association: Southern California

Ignoring whatever the value is, I really like the look of this car. I'd lose the decals on the sail panels, but apart from that I think it's a pretty clean, tasteful execution of how someone wanted their 914 to look. I've never really been bothered by the 'poser' label on cars dressed up to look like race cars though, I mean, it's not like this is an econobox with a spoiler and fart can stuck on, it's a sports car.
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Dec 19 2014, 02:44 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 12,889

Until you try to restore a real Six, it's difficult to have a grasp on how hard it is to find the Six specific parts you'll need anymore. .and if you want to do a quality restoration, using real NOS parts, they are extremely expensive. . . . and it will only get more expensive as time goes on.

That is one main reason why the 'Driver Condition Six's" are climbing in price. .Cars that were previously considered junk are being 'restored' these days. . . If they have a real Six Vin, and the basics there, it's a matter of finding a lot less items, or restoring what you've got. . Seems like most of the Six specific stuff is a Grand or more now . . and things like OE heat exchangers will be in the 5K range these days IF YOU CAN FIND THEM. Other expensive Six stuff is rear Valance, correct steering wheel, correct air filter housing, trans shift linkage, and other items that are not worth a reproduction company's' time and investment to reproduce. . Got to take into account, these were parts made for a very limited number of cars and there simply isn't any New Old Stock parts anymore.
+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post Dec 19 2014, 04:53 PM
Post #25

Major Member

Member No.: 2,660
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 18 2014, 08:25 PM) *

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Dec 18 2014, 01:31 PM) *

Anyone notice that it has what appear to be flat 15x6s on the passenger side, and possibly repro 15x7s on the drivers side?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

agreed...good call on the wheels.
What's the point of ruining the rear fenders like that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

My guess is that is how they chose to make those sevens fit the rear, but then somebody noticed that the center paddle area of the sixes is much larger than the center of the sevens, and this is how they solved the problem. Either that or some tire jockey not paying attention.
+Quote Post
emoze
post Dec 19 2014, 07:13 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 18,149

it's Europe - there is a market for "old timer" eligible vintage racers,

and, according to 914-6-er contact i have there most of the 914's in Germany have rusted away due to the salty roads

about a year ago a total rust-bucket six was sold from FLA (one of our members) to Europe for over 10K as i recall - plus shipping etc - a `100K restoration candidate at least

and tastes in necessary correctness and resto-modding may be different than ours
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Dec 19 2014, 07:36 PM
Post #27

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(emoze @ Dec 19 2014, 08:13 PM) *

it's Europe - there is a market for "old timer" eligible vintage racers,

and, according to 914-6-er contact i have there most of the 914's in Germany have rusted away due to the salty roads

about a year ago a total rust-bucket six was sold from FLA (one of our members) to Europe for over 10K as i recall - plus shipping etc - a `100K restoration candidate at least
and tastes in necessary correctness and resto-modding may be different than ours

"a `100K restoration candidate at least" - or a $10k vin switch.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Dec 19 2014, 07:37 PM
Post #28

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

double post
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:15 PM