Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I NEED TO VENT!, (my crankcase)
airsix
post Feb 3 2005, 01:52 AM
Post #1

I have bees in my epiglotis

Group: Members
Member No.: 266

I've been procrastinating away the winter, but it's time to address a few items before spring.

Oil leaks - Ok, this is my biggest problem and is the reason for this post. I'm getting a lot of crankcase pressure since I added the turbo. Off boost I've got no oil leaks. On-boost I've got leaks from the valve covers and pushrod tubes (both new and in good condition). I've got the rocker-box vents plumbed up to the spark-arestor where they are joined by the oil-filler vent hose and this three-into-one arangement then goes via single 5/8" hose to a home-made catch can. Do you think running these as three individual lines (rather than plumbing them down to a single 5/8" hose) would cure the problem, or do I need something more agressive in the way of venting/scavenging?

-Ben M.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:02 AM