Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fourteener Motoring Magazine - UPDATE
cconcepcion
post Dec 22 2014, 11:01 AM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,370

Interested...please count me in and happy holidays to all!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Dec 22 2014, 11:24 AM
Post #42

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

A digital format, like PDF, opens the content to be more interactive. As you think about having interesting stories, what better than to have them occasionally with video as well. Imagine having resident enthusiasts like Eric, dr. evil, etc share 914 tips like brakes, transmissions etc. I'm with Jeff, you should think about on your subscription account sign-up page the option for paper or just digital.

Mark
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Dec 22 2014, 11:42 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,633
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Dec 22 2014, 12:24 PM) *

A digital format, like PDF, opens the content to be more interactive. As you think about having interesting stories, what better than to have them occasionally with video as well. Imagine having resident enthusiasts like Eric, dr. evil, etc share 914 tips like brakes, transmissions etc. I'm with Jeff, you should think about on your subscription account sign-up page the option for paper or just digital.

Mark

Excellent ideas. Thanks. Let me also think a little about the idea of giving a print or pdf option.
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Dec 22 2014, 11:42 AM
Post #44

LUFTBRIGADE

Member No.: 15,092

Hey, the 911 has it's own magazine.s. Even just for vintage ones. I love this idea. I love that it's been given an "insider" name. I've always hated the nickname "teener" and refuse to refer it as such. Sounds like teenager. And also doesn't take the car seriously, which most didn't or respect who didn't have one. "Fourteener" refers to the model number. I like it. I also like the idea of a print magazine. Something that is tangible, we can hold in our hands, go back and look at and even collect. Something that years from now we can go back to and look upon and hold and know that something was dedicated just for this car. Print is something that ages. It becomes history.
+Quote Post
puffinator
post Dec 22 2014, 11:45 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 16,218
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(stevegm @ Dec 22 2014, 12:42 PM) *

Mark

Excellent ideas. Thanks. Let me also think a little about the idea of giving a print or pdf option.

here is an example of digital format from my PCA region

http://issuu.com/michaelmurphy2/docs/53-62...december-2014/1
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Dec 22 2014, 11:51 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Dec 22 2014, 12:42 PM) *

Hey, the 911 has it's own magazine.s. Even just for vintage ones. I love this idea. I love that it's been given an "insider" name. I've always hated the nickname "teener" and refuse to refer it as such. Sounds like teenager. And also doesn't take the car seriously, which most didn't or respect who didn't have one. "Fourteener" refers to the model number. I like it. I also like the idea of a print magazine. Something that is tangible, we can hold in our hands, go back and look at and even collect. Something that years from now we can go back to and look upon and hold and know that something was dedicated just for this car. Print is something that ages. It becomes history.

Thanks. That sums up my thought process very well. I originally considered doing all air-cooled Porsches. It would certainly increase the potential subscription base substantially. But, it has been done, and it waters the reader loyalty down. Ultimately, my heart lies in the 914 (the mistress of my youth). And right now I can only do so much. So, I decided to stick with the 914 only, and wanted an "insider" name. Karl Ludvigsen's book (Excellence was Expected) provided it in the 914 chapter. I, too, have been less than fond of the "teener" name people use to refer to the car. But, when I read that the factory called it the - Fourteener - it changed my perception completely. I knew instantly that that had to be the name.
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Dec 22 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE(stevegm @ Dec 22 2014, 12:42 PM) *

Mark

This conversation has been very helpful. I sincerely appreciate, and consider, every comment. Maybe I will run a poll to determine a preference between print vs. digital pdf. The suggestion of interactive resources is really an excellent point. One realistic model could call for a free pdf, or paid print magazine. The pdf idea is also attractive because of the ability to share it online. Ultimately, the size of the reader base almost always determines the success of a magazine. This niche is very small. I don't want to do anything to inadvertently make it smaller for the magazine because it can't be shared as easily as a digital copy.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Dec 22 2014, 12:13 PM
Post #48

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Sub'd....thanks!
+Quote Post
AfricanHijinx
post Dec 22 2014, 01:16 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 12,928
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I am in
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Dec 22 2014, 01:36 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(stevegm @ Dec 22 2014, 09:42 AM) *

Mark

Go for it Steve (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Dec 22 2014, 01:40 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

QUOTE(oldschool @ Dec 22 2014, 11:36 AM) *

Mark

Go for it Steve (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) I would pay for a year.....I still like getting my reg. Porsche mag... why not a 914 LOVE IT.

+Quote Post
ripper911
post Dec 22 2014, 01:58 PM
Post #52

corde pulsum tangite

Member No.: 11,654

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Dec 22 2014, 12:42 PM) *

Print is something that ages. It becomes history.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I've been reading the civil war era newspapers that I bought my dad for Christmas, it's amazing to have something like that in your hands. I might have to start a new collection... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Dec 22 2014, 06:59 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE(oldschool @ Dec 22 2014, 02:40 PM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Dec 22 2014, 11:36 AM) *

Mark

Go for it Steve (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) I would pay for a year.....I still like getting my reg. Porsche mag... why not a 914 LOVE IT.

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.
+Quote Post
Bossman
post Dec 22 2014, 07:46 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 17,985
Region Association: Northern California

Love the idea of a print format. Old school just like the cars. Besides, swatting the dog with an I-pad just isn't right.
+Quote Post
Beeliner
post Dec 22 2014, 08:00 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 17,725
Region Association: North East States

I subscribed! I wondered what I would get for Christmas!!! Thanks Santa!
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Dec 23 2014, 09:27 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Bossman @ Dec 22 2014, 08:46 PM) *

Love the idea of a print format. Old school just like the cars. Besides, swatting the dog with an I-pad just isn't right.

Glad I could help. :-)
+Quote Post
gereed75
post Dec 24 2014, 10:11 AM
Post #57

Member No.: 15,674
Region Association: North East States

subscribed, Good luck, If you can do something as good as Esses that would be great. Thanks
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Dec 24 2014, 10:32 AM
Post #58

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

Cap'n Krusty's on board! Thanks for doing this.

The Cap'n
+Quote Post
Steve Snyder
post Dec 24 2014, 01:02 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 9,158

Subscribed and tweeted link.
I'm looking forward to it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Dec 24 2014, 03:17 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 17,376

I subscribed.

Steve, I sent you an email. I'd be glad to put together some articles for it.
+Quote Post

25 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:19 AM