Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V « < 21 22 23 24 25 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fourteener Motoring Magazine - UPDATE
RARE 6
post Dec 19 2016, 12:56 PM
Post #441

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,337
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

This subscriber wouldn't mind receiving the summer issue while awaiting the fall one. Have only received January and Spring issues.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Towarish
post Jan 9 2017, 12:06 PM
Post #442

Member No.: 8,699
Region Association: None

I made my subscription in jan. and got issue 4
For issue5 (spring) I had to ask 2 times and received it in august.
After that nothing more !
I asked for a refund, but no answer at all.
I´m done with fourteener motoring magazine !
+Quote Post
Cal
post Jan 25 2017, 01:16 PM
Post #443

Member No.: 18,138
Region Association: North East States

What ever happened to this magazine.....is it dead? I was looking forward to receiving the fall and winter issues.....
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Jan 25 2017, 02:20 PM
Post #444

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Cal @ Jan 25 2017, 02:16 PM) *

What ever happened to this magazine.....is it dead? I was looking forward to receiving the fall and winter issues.....

I'm the editor for a British car club magazine and I know there is a delay between the time you submit your PDF's for publication and when they actually print and mail. We publish quarterly as well and our latest issue (that I completed around January 1) is just now being received by our subscribers. If he uses MGXCopy (as we do) he may have similar lead times.

I have learned over the last year that getting a magazine published is very easy (and not that expensive!). For instance, for our small magazine of 300 copies (about 250 mailed domestically and 50 mailed internationally) the cost is around $1,000. Of course, advertising more than covers that cost.

*Saddle-Stitched Booklets
*Document Length: 28 Pages/Document
*Paper Type: 80 lb. Text, Gloss
*Dimension: 8.5"x11" (Portrait)
*Color Printing: Color Printing
*Finishing: 100 lb. Cover, Gloss

All the work is in getting good content. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Jan 25 2017, 03:43 PM
Post #445

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,633

It's true - good content is hard to come by. But we have added a couple new writers. The content side is going well.

The lead times aren't really an issue. We plan them in. We adjusted the publication dates last year to better cover major 914 events, and to work with the distributor's schedule. But getting accurate distribution has been a challenge. Along with managing the timing of subscriptions and renewals. Too many of our subscribers aren't receiving them on time. And we are getting too many returned to us undelivered. We were farming the distribution out. I have decided to bring it back in house and handle it internally. So at least I will be able to know exactly who was mailed what, and when. In the next week, we will be able to publish specific publication dates (that I have management over) so that everyone knows exactly when to expect each issue this year. Thank you for your patience. We are still publishing, and plan to continue.
+Quote Post
Kaeferfreund
post Jan 29 2017, 09:19 AM
Post #446

Member No.: 16,172
Region Association: Germany

QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 25 2017, 10:43 PM) *

It's true - good content is hard to come by. But we have added a couple new writers. The content side is going well.

The lead times aren't really an issue. We plan them in. We adjusted the publication dates last year to better cover major 914 events, and to work with the distributor's schedule. But getting accurate distribution has been a challenge. Along with managing the timing of subscriptions and renewals. Too many of our subscribers aren't receiving them on time. And we are getting too many returned to us undelivered. We were farming the distribution out. I have decided to bring it back in house and handle it internally. So at least I will be able to know exactly who was mailed what, and when. In the next week, we will be able to publish specific publication dates (that I have management over) so that everyone knows exactly when to expect each issue this year. Thank you for your patience. We are still publishing, and plan to continue.

Don't give up, Steve! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_wirdgut.gif)
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Jan 29 2017, 04:45 PM
Post #447

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Jan 29 2017, 10:19 AM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 25 2017, 10:43 PM) *

Don't give up, Steve! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_wirdgut.gif)

We won't give up. It's an honor to get to put it together. I underestimated the distribution issues when we started. And now we have a pretty large subscription and vendor base to manage when they go out. But, we will get the distribution fixed. I promise. I should have known it would be the hardest part of this thing. When I was at GRM/Classic Motorsports, keeping the subscriptions straight was a nightmare. They did a great job with it. But, it was a PITA. Changed addresses, renewals, slow mail, over seas issues. I think we have made a lot of headway bringing it in-house. I hope we have it nailed down now. I certainly appreciate everyone's patience. And if anyone ever has an issue, feel free to pm me or email me personally. I am happy help get it right.
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Jan 29 2017, 05:28 PM
Post #448

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

Attached Image
+Quote Post
BillC
post Jan 30 2017, 08:59 AM
Post #449

Member No.: 18,667
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Did the Fall 2016 issue ever go out? The last issue I received was Summer 2016. I sent you a couple of PMs asking about this, but never received a reply.
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Jan 30 2017, 11:52 AM
Post #450

Advanced Member

QUOTE(BillC @ Jan 30 2017, 09:59 AM) *

Did the Fall 2016 issue ever go out? The last issue I received was Summer 2016. I sent you a couple of PMs asking about this, but never received a reply.

Yep. I will PM you and send you another copy. I am cleaning up a few that didn't receive it now.
+Quote Post
sfrenck
post Jan 30 2017, 12:18 PM
Post #451

Member No.: 11,411
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Is this an automatically renewing subscription? I need to make the decision if I continue to subscribe.
+Quote Post
Garland
post Jan 30 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #452

Restoration Fanatic

Member No.: 1,535
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Steve, I sent you a PM
+Quote Post
Firstcar
post Jan 30 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #453

Obsessive amateur mechanic

Member No.: 12,831
Region Association: North East States

Steve,
Sent you a PM as well.
-Scott
+Quote Post
Minerva's 914
post Mar 4 2017, 10:53 PM
Post #454

Member No.: 19,489

QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Aug 23 2016, 12:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Cal @ Aug 23 2016, 12:28 PM) *

Steve, can you please send me the spring copy of the mag.....I never received the new larger issue. I subscribed back in April and received the back issues that I ordered (#1-3).
Thanks
Jeff Brinton

Jeff, the best advise is in the post just above from Steve;

"If anyone did not receive their Spring issue, please email us at - fourteenermotoring@gmail.com. The person that handles subscriptions isn't on 914world, and by emailing them at that address, it will ensure that you get to the right person and your subscription can be checked."

I got my spring issue a couples weeks ago and it's very good

Brady

Haven't received anything since the spring 2016 issue and that was the ONLY issue I received. Now I've moved and not sure if it's even worth the bother to email, but I guess I will and see what happens.

Shhh!
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Mar 4 2017, 11:23 PM
Post #455

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

Got one issue, then nothing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) guess I will wait my turn in line.
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Mar 5 2017, 12:43 PM
Post #456

Advanced Member

If you are missing an issue please email Julie - FourteenerMotoring@gmail.com. Please include your full name, since the subscriptions are organized by your name not your 914world screen name.
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Mar 5 2017, 01:06 PM
Post #457

Advanced Member

Let me first say that I apologize for any distribution mixups, and if you are missing any issue, let us know and we will mail it to you. As I previously mentioned, we have had a number of distribution issues over the past year. The number of subscribers has grown faster than we could have imagined. We have spent the past month making key changes to adjust to meet that growth.

The subscription base is now large enough to be a mess if it is not organized correctly, but too small to get decent service from a distribution company. So I fired the distributor, and spent the past month bringing that aspect of it in-house. Moving forward Julie will be handling the database, and organizing the mailings. She has experience in the area, and I believe it will resolve the issues.

While the magazine is basically a breakeven endeavor (not including our time), we are committed to continuing it. I hope it adds value to the 914 community. To help make things run more smoothly we are making a number of changes in how we handle distribution:

1. As mentioned above we have moved distribution in house. Julie has taken this aspect over. If you have any questions about your subscription, or missed any issues, you can email her at - FourteenerMotoring@gmail.com. We will immediately mail you any issue you missed.
2. All of the subscriptions are now being managed in a magazine database system separate from the online sale/purchase system, which we previously relied on.
3. When someone subscribes they will receive an email that confirms their address, when they subscribed, and when they can expect their issues.
4. We will begin automatic renewals. However, that does not mean we will automatically bill anyone's credit card for a renewal. Rather, a bill will automatically be generated and emailed 1 month prior to the subscription expiring. 2 additional emails will be sent as a follow up, related to renewals.
5. I will post in 914world when each issue comes out. So you know the specific date it was released. We value the community here very much, both with respect to the magazine, as well as personally. I think posting a thread when a new issue is published will help everyone here know that their magazine is coming.
6. We publish four times a year - Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. But, the magazines are published at the end of the respective season. We initially set those dates so they could be timed to provide coverage of the major 914 events each year. That has caused confusion and makes the magazine look like it is always late (based on the season). So, we are considering how we can make a change in that to better reflect its timing.

In the next two weeks, Julie will be emailing everybody who's subscription has expired. We find that often someone not getting an issue is a result of their subscription having expired. Since we were not doing automatic renewals, this wasn't getting updated when the subscription expired. She is also contacting everybody that have indicated they are missing an issue, and making sure they have all of the magazines.

I hope these changes make distribution run more smoothly. I appreciate your patience. As always, any suggestions anyone has are welcome. We love input, and value your opinions.

UPDATE: March 30, 2017: As I have mentioned, we traditionally printed the magazine at the end of the season. So for example, the winter issue comes out at the end of winter. But this has caused some subscribers to think they were getting the issue mailed to them late. To solve this problem, we are shifting the date of the issues. It does not effect the number of magazines received or when subscribers receive them. It just means that the Spring issue will come out at the beginning of Spring, and so on.
+Quote Post
Creamsicle New Zealand
post Mar 5 2017, 01:26 PM
Post #458

Member No.: 18,403
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

Well done Steve and Julie its not easy doing something for nothing, some people like to complain maybe they should help you guys. Keep up the hard work I look forward to receiving further mags.
+Quote Post
Minerva's 914
post Mar 5 2017, 08:21 PM
Post #459

Member No.: 19,489

QUOTE(Creamsicle New Zealand @ Mar 5 2017, 02:26 PM) *

Well done Steve and Julie its not easy doing something for nothing, some people like to complain maybe they should help you guys. Keep up the hard work I look forward to receiving further mags.

Hmmm, I paid $29 via PayPal, doesn't sound like nothing to me. Listen, I understand that this is hard, if you go back a few pages you'll see me defending Steve to another guy who was going off on not getting issues, so I get it. I've emailed the gmail account and hope that resolves the issue but I don't understand how if I'm paying for a product then I can reasonably expect to receive something in return. Now, if this was indeed a something for nothing, and maybe some of you are getting this for nothin, then okay. But $29 buck is a bit much for one issue.
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Mar 5 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #460

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post

25 Pages V « < 21 22 23 24 25 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:51 AM