Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V « < 24 25  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fourteener Motoring Magazine - UPDATE
stevegm
post Nov 2 2017, 07:48 PM
Post #487

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,633
Region Association: South East States

After three years, we have decided to cease publication of Fourteener Motoring magazine. The decision is based on two considerations:

1. The number of 914s left made the pool of potential subscribers small. I had hoped we could make it sustainable. But I was unable to do so at the quality and price point that I wanted.
2. My work commitments increased for most of this year and prevented me from giving it the attention it deserved. My time has recently freed up some. But I still need to allocate my time carefully.

We are committed to providing a refund for issues not delivered. We have been computing that information and emailing subscribers. We are presently through the first 1/3 of the list. If you have not received an email, you should over the next month.

The reason I took a couple months to announce this was that we were in conversations with a few of the major 914 vendors to determine if they were interested in picking up the task of publishing the magazine. Ultimately, they decided it required more effort than they could expend on it. It never produced a profit. It was a labor of love. Since it has been in existence for three years, with an annual loss each year, it would have moved to a “hobby” on my taxes next year, which would not allow us to even deduct the expenses of printing and mailing it. Our decision was considered carefully, as I believe the 914 deserves a magazine. Our model just didn’t work. It is important to me, however, that we explain why it didn’t work. Maybe somebody with a better model than I will put something together for the 914 someday.

We also considered moving it to digital pdf. That, however, doesn’t reduce the approximately 32 hours it takes to design/write each issue. We also have considered moving it onto a website, which would cut down on the time nessasary to publish a print magazine. And that is still a possibility. But right now, the subscribers signed up for a print magazine. Therefore, we will issue refunds.

Thanks to everybody who supported the magazine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SO.O.C914er
post Nov 2 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #488

Member No.: 20,199
Region Association: Southern California

Sorry to hear that Steve. Thank you for your efforts on trying to make it happen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Nov 2 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #489

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

The greatest 2 issues I ever received. Wish you good fortune in the future, please keep any monies owed to me.
+Quote Post
post Nov 2 2017, 08:07 PM
Post #490

Member No.: 19

Steve,
So sorry to hear.. I must admit it must of been a lot of work and time for each publication..Great Magazine for Us teeners.. What A loss..
+Quote Post
BENBRO02
post Nov 23 2017, 03:06 PM
Post #491

Member No.: 18,493
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Any chance I can get a 2018 calendar instead of you sending me a magazine refund?
+Quote Post
draperjojo
post Nov 23 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #492

sixstrings

Member No.: 5,317

I ordered a subscription for my son, and he never received anything.
+Quote Post
BENBRO02
post Dec 6 2017, 09:25 PM
Post #493

Member No.: 18,493
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Nov 23 2017, 04:06 PM) *

Any chance I can get a 2018 calendar instead of you sending me a magazine refund?

I never got a response after asking this question and I never received any indication that my refund was coming. On November 2nd you posted it would be about a month to get the emails sent out about refunds. Any chance a refund is really coming?
+Quote Post

25 Pages V « < 24 25
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:17 AM