Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LED Front Turnsignal And Rear Brake/Taillight/Turnsignals
GermermanCarGuy
post May 19 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #107

GermanCarGuy

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(GermermanCarGuy @ Jan 16 2015, 10:09 AM) *

Still in for:
Rear Brakes Lights (pr)
Rear Amber Turn Signals (pr)
and Front Euro w/blanking (pr)

Very excited. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Please bundle with complete seal package (f/r) as advertised in your Posted Feb 5 2015, 08:59 PM post.

Still excited. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Spock,

Still interested on getting in on the 914 seals deal (if still open). Fronts and rears. We had an email jumble and our order got messed up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) PM me for details.

Either way, I'm still in. Oh, and thanks for the LED lights.

Rob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BillC
post May 20 2015, 08:33 AM
Post #108

Member No.: 18,667
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I just found this thread, and think these are a wonderful idea.

If it's not too late, I'd like to get a full set of front & rear LEDs for my '73, including seals. Thanks!
+Quote Post
eric9144
post May 20 2015, 09:51 AM
Post #109

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,876
Region Association: Southern California

Its funny, was out driving my car last weekend and at a stop, glanced up at my rear view mirror and could totally see both brake lights glaring back at me from the huge chrome bumper of the SUV behind me at the light...8-10' away, in broad daylight.

Hands down one of the best upgrades you can do to increase the visibility of your car to others!
+Quote Post
Spoke
post May 20 2015, 08:12 PM
Post #110

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

QUOTE(GermermanCarGuy @ May 19 2015, 09:46 PM) *

Spock,

Still interested on getting in on the 914 seals deal (if still open). Fronts and rears. We had an email jumble and our order got messed up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) PM me for details.

Either way, I'm still in. Oh, and thanks for the LED lights.

Rob

Rob, PM sent.
+Quote Post
Spoke
post May 20 2015, 08:13 PM
Post #111

Jerry

QUOTE(BillC @ May 20 2015, 10:33 AM) *

I just found this thread, and think these are a wonderful idea.

If it's not too late, I'd like to get a full set of front & rear LEDs for my '73, including seals. Thanks!

PM sent. No rear LED boards left. A couple of pairs of fronts left.
+Quote Post
SKL1
post May 21 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #112

Member No.: 12,732

We need to talk Spoke into making more sets!!

I need another set of rears and think many who hadn't seen this thread for a while ( it was on page 13-14 or so) would pony up as well...

Hint, hint... Jerry...
+Quote Post
no1uno
post May 21 2015, 07:43 PM
Post #113

Member No.: 12,448
Region Association: South East States

I would be in for a full set if another production run starts
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post May 22 2015, 07:09 AM
Post #114

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Well I need a set of the rear red turn signal LED's. I had ordered a set of the Euro rears and then decided to go with USA rear lenses. So if someone needs a set of Euro rears, and can't get them from Spoke, mine will be available once/if I get the reds.
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post May 22 2015, 11:55 AM
Post #115

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

when you say "last call", does that mean you are no longer going to make or just not going to have in stock and will have to make when ordered?
+Quote Post
Spoke
post May 22 2015, 12:54 PM
Post #116

Jerry

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ May 22 2015, 01:55 PM) *

when you say "last call", does that mean you are no longer going to make or just not going to have in stock and will have to make when ordered?

We are now out stock of front and rear boards at this time. We'll loop back and make some more boards after a bit of a vacation. That we were able to put all the boards we purchased into use is awesome. You 914world guys rocks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

We're also looking at doing some 911 brake and rear turnsignal LED boards. I have them on my 930 now and will be sampling boards for a while.

Here's my 930 with LED brake and rear turnsignal LED. The big thing here is being able to steal power for running lights to apply to the turnsignal bulbs. Now instead of just the little brake lights being on for running lights, the turnsignals also add to the 911 rear visual footprint at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ESpxLwuvDU

And at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YDVDDF13ik
+Quote Post
Shadowfax
post May 22 2015, 01:01 PM
Post #117

Show us the meaning of haste

Member No.: 18,340
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Spoke @ May 22 2015, 01:54 PM) *

We are now out stock of front and rear boards at this time. We'll loop back and make some more boards after a bit of a vacation. That we were able to put all the boards we purchased into use is awesome. You 914world guys rocks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

That's good to hear. I am very happy with the rears. Am definitely in for some front boards next go around.
+Quote Post
euro911
post May 22 2015, 01:35 PM
Post #118

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Crap, I don't think I can do the 911 LEDs. Mine are early SWB cars with the enclosed tail light assemblies (not removable lenses).

I don't know if the later year tail light buckets can be installed on early cars ... guess I'll have to use one of my life-lines to get the answer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
SKL1
post May 22 2015, 08:26 PM
Post #119

Be sure to let us know Spoke when you may get around to making more rear sets... TIA
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post May 23 2015, 02:28 PM
Post #120

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Spoke @ May 22 2015, 11:54 AM)

Nice, thanks again.
+Quote Post
warrenoliver
post May 26 2015, 04:09 PM
Post #121

Member No.: 7,199

Just got my fronts today. Went out to the garage and had them in within 10 minutes. Great product. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Looking forward to ordering the rears once they are back in stock.

Thanks Jerry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
SKL1
post May 27 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #122

My fronts for both cars are being made now... should have gotten rears for both but by the time I got one set and put them on the '71 they were out of them.
Not cheap, but worth it. Will look forward to a new run of the rears in the future.
Now the LED headlights (another thread...) are on their way. I guess the car is slowly becoming a little more "modern."
+Quote Post
dangerranger01
post May 27 2015, 09:15 PM
Post #123

Member No.: 4,578

Well Spoke, might as well count me in for a full set of your amazing LED lights. Just pm me when you're doing it and i'll buy them...look totally awesome. Good work!
+Quote Post
SKL1
post Jun 2 2015, 08:20 PM
Post #124

Installed the front LED's on both cars today. The silver car has the clear Italian front lenses with the amber full lights and they look fantastic. The red car has the Euro front lenses with clear bottom and red top. Not sure how Jerry does it but it works both the top and bottom with one plug in rather than the extra bulb and wire with my previous "kit." This is SO much better and works great.

I didn't get my act together quick enough to get the rear lights for the '73 so will be anxiously awaiting Jerry's next run...

Best addition i've found here! Thanks Jerry (spoke)...
+Quote Post
morgan_harwell
post Nov 3 2015, 04:30 PM
Post #125

Ha! Finally snuck up on a camera!

Member No.: 203
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Spoke @ Feb 23 2015, 08:48 PM) *

Looks good Cary. Are you using the stock 914 flasher or EP36 or other?
A couple of notes:
. . .

2) The early stock 914 flasher (with L & R dash indicators) seems to work fine if the dash indicators are rewired so the common wire normally from the K lug on the flasher are connected to ground. This little bit of resistive load seems to cause the flasher to flash normally with LEDs front and rear. My 914 is wired this way and the flasher will flash normally even with both front and rear lights removed. Another 914World member with LEDs front and rear got his early flasher to work only after rewiring the dash indicators.

3) I'm adding a 1k ohm resistor across the turnsignal wires on the front and rear boards to add at least a little bit of resistive signature to help flashers see the LED loads. Not sure how much this helps but it's easy to do.

. . .

Howdy,

Is a symptom of the above problem => all four LED Turn Signal boards flashing together when the steering column turn signal stalk is set to Left turn or Right turn?

edit 8/18/2016:
I re-wired the L & R dash indicators in the tachometer per 2) above, and all four LED Turn Signal boards (front & rear, left & right) stopped flashing together. Now they operate as expected.
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Nov 4 2015, 09:16 PM
Post #126

Jerry

QUOTE(morgan_harwell @ Nov 3 2015, 05:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Spoke @ Feb 23 2015, 08:48 PM) *

Looks good Cary. Are you using the stock 914 flasher or EP36 or other?
A couple of notes:
. . .

2) The early stock 914 flasher (with L & R dash indicators) seems to work fine if the dash indicators are rewired so the common wire normally from the K lug on the flasher are connected to ground. This little bit of resistive load seems to cause the flasher to flash normally with LEDs front and rear. My 914 is wired this way and the flasher will flash normally even with both front and rear lights removed. Another 914World member with LEDs front and rear got his early flasher to work only after rewiring the dash indicators.

3) I'm adding a 1k ohm resistor across the turnsignal wires on the front and rear boards to add at least a little bit of resistive signature to help flashers see the LED loads. Not sure how much this helps but it's easy to do.

. . .

Howdy,

Is a symptom of the above problem => all four LED Turn Signal boards flashing together when the steering column turn signal stalk is set to Left turn or Right turn?

All 4 shouldn't operate with the left or right turn signal on. The light loads that these LED boards present to the wiring has a way of illuminating deficiencies in the wiring. Anything is possible with these old cars.
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 03:20 AM