Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Club Speak, your favorites
Trekkor
post Feb 5 2005, 02:13 PM
Post #1

I do things...

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

Or should I say "schpeak"?

We like to Germanize some of our words. For fun. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
And we make up words, too...

Schlicks are schweet.
Do you think they're "gud"?

You "prolly" do.

Of course, we abbreviate everything,BTW. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

Have fun

KT
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
smg914
post Feb 5 2005, 03:02 PM
Post #2

Sahara Beige Steve

Member No.: 1,695
Region Association: None

Due to strong sales in the United States and what is believed to be a lifelong devotion and commitment of Americans to the Stuttgart marque, Porsche has announced that over the next 5 years they will adopt English as the perferred language for all factory correspondence. In this aggressive move, a spokesman for the factory has stated publicly that they wanted to show the world their appreciation and commitment to the US market. Although reports in the German Press show a less than favorable response from the European Community, the factory executives are standing firm with their decisioin.

As part of the negotiations, the factory spokesman conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and they will adopt a five-year phased in plan.

In the first year, "S" will be used instead of the soft "C". Sertainly, US sitizens will resieve this news with joy. Also, the hard "C" will be replased with "K". Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the second year, when the troublesome "PH will be replased with "F". This will make words like "fotograf" 20 per sent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. The removal of double letters, which have always been a deterent to akurate speling wil be enkouraged. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "E"s in the languag is disgraful, and they would hav to go.

By the forth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "TH" by "Z" and "W" by "V". During ze fifz year ze unesesary "O" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "OU" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After ze fifz year, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor troble or difikultis and evrivum vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru.
+Quote Post
thesey914
post Feb 5 2005, 03:06 PM
Post #3

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 66

welden der upen
+Quote Post
SpecialK
post Feb 5 2005, 03:11 PM
Post #4

aircraft surgeon

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,797

farfromwerkin......description of my car(s)

+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Feb 5 2005, 03:14 PM
Post #5

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

I lov it. Now I kan perfekt anozer funy dialect to anoy ze peoplz. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

Trekor Vilz
+Quote Post
bondo
post Feb 6 2005, 06:06 PM
Post #6

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

German pronunciation of "daimler-chrysler"... the "chrysler" part is silent. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/lol2.gif)
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post Feb 6 2005, 06:15 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,432

Ich konnte underztanzen, zo fuch it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 06:42 AM