Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 2 Front Bumpers, 73-74 Chrome Bumpers, Revised Price
mercury26
post Jan 28 2015, 03:21 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,562
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Agreed, any kind of chrome polish you might recommend? I do not want to do more harm than good.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 28 2015, 04:31 PM
Post #22

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(mercury26 @ Jan 28 2015, 01:21 PM) *

Agreed, any kind of chrome polish you might recommend? I do not want to do more harm than good.

Just try cleaning them up first with microfiber or soft cloths, terry towels in order to see what they really look like without the dust/dirt layer.

Look for pitting & starter surface rust around all the crevices, holes & where parts join together, & in the insets for the fog lights (#1 looks like it might have some there. Take clearer pix of what you find of that close look & post them as "before" pix here in your advert.

Then you can polish lightly - again using soft cloths - with any low abrasion chrome or metal polish you have access to. I understand Chuck that you're a 911 guy mostly, so you may want to get P21 or your favorite Porsche recco's product line version, so that you can use it on your other cars too.

What I use is from my old 1970's-80's stash, so not readily available in the auto stores, etc., but they still sell similar products.

TCsGarage.com sell P21 products, but there are other closer CO sources & other manufacturers out there too. Tom Gould of TC's used to own Pelican Parts, which everyone in Porsche-land knows.

Our PCA Zone 8 Concours webpage has a technique article about polishing wheels linked a bit down in the right column of documents, if you want further guidance on "how to" - & the Pelican website has some more tech articles.

Then take some more hi-rez "after" pix & post them on here.

Then we can all better judge if they are 8-of-10, 6-of-10, 10-of-10 & if the prices match the quality.

To your benefit in doing all this, is that you'll get the top dollar true value for them - whatever they turn out to be worth in the end!

Think of it as if you were selling an entire car - or better still, buying one - you'd want to see everything cleaned up & shiny - not with crumbs & trash on the floor, dirt & spills all over the car etc. You as buyer, or others as same - just would not value that car very highly, & probably would assume that the owner/seller just didn't care enough about te car to bother with taking care of it, doing services & just left a lot of deferred maintenance.

Otherwise, IMHO folks will just offer $100-200 at most for them as cores or basic DD parts.

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
914runnow
post Jan 28 2015, 11:42 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 1,948
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 28 2015, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(mercury26 @ Jan 28 2015, 01:21 PM) *

Just try cleaning them up first with microfiber or soft cloths, terry towels in order to see what they really look like without the dust/dirt layer.

Look for pitting & starter surface rust around all the crevices, holes & where parts join together, & in the insets for the fog lights (#1 looks like it might have some there. Take clearer pix of what you find of that close look & post them as "before" pix here in your advert.

Then you can polish lightly - again using soft cloths - with any low abrasion chrome or metal polish you have access to. I understand Chuck that you're a 911 guy mostly, so you may want to get P21 or your favorite Porsche recco's product line version, so that you can use it on your other cars too.

What I use is from my old 1970's-80's stash, so not readily available in the auto stores, etc., but they still sell similar products.

TCsGarage.com sell P21 products, but there are other closer CO sources & other manufacturers out there too. Tom Gould of TC's used to own Pelican Parts, which everyone in Porsche-land knows.

Our PCA Zone 8 Concours webpage has a technique article about polishing wheels linked a bit down in the right column of documents, if you want further guidance on "how to" - & the Pelican website has some more tech articles.

Then take some more hi-rez "after" pix & post them on here.

Then we can all better judge if they are 8-of-10, 6-of-10, 10-of-10 & if the prices match the quality.

To your benefit in doing all this, is that you'll get the top dollar true value for them - whatever they turn out to be worth in the end!

Think of it as if you were selling an entire car - or better still, buying one - you'd want to see everything cleaned up & shiny - not with crumbs & trash on the floor, dirt & spills all over the car etc. You as buyer, or others as same - just would not value that car very highly, & probably would assume that the owner/seller just didn't care enough about te car to bother with taking care of it, doing services & just left a lot of deferred maintenance.

Otherwise, IMHO folks will just offer $100-200 at most for them as cores or basic DD parts.

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

OR just bring them to my place and we can clean them up here..
off from Cherry creek school dist at 4pm..home at 4:05pm...
Easy peasy..Rx in Centennial...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:16 PM