Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1975 Porsche 914, Single Mother's dream car
ndfrigi
post Jan 23 2015, 06:58 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,474
Region Association: Southern California

Oops I'm in Arcadia now dropping my wife to a church seminars. I hope I can find time later if I will be able to check the car.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 07:16 PM
Post #22

nigolusa

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 9,737

[quote name='budk' date='Jan 23 2015, 03:56 PM' post='2137708']
[quote name='nigolusa' date='Jan 23 2015, 06:22 PM' post='2137694']
[quote name='ndfrigi' post='2137692' date='Jan 23 2015, 03:19 PM']
[quote name='nigolusa' post='2137688' date='Jan 23 2015, 03:11 PM']
[quote name='ndfrigi' post='2137671' date='Jan 23 2015, 02:22 PM']
Anyone is planning to have a day of garage work help for the family to fix the car? If need an engine, I may be willing to share my spare engine (1.7 but looks like a rebuilt engine mix with bus and 914 parts). And maybe some parts than I can share also. And my labor if we can have a day of garage work for them. And my other suggestion for the family "although it's mother's dream car" is to trade it to a 4 or 5 seater car that will be practical for the family!

God bless this family!
[/quote]

If you're interested, would gladly ship it over to you. You can take your time her budget is around $1,500 tops!! Let me know. She lives in Aracadia, CA and I can rent a auto trailer and deliver it 100 mile radius.
[/quote]

I would love too but I don't have a shop and not a license mechanic. I only fix my own cars in my residential garage and driveway.
[/quote]

Thanks for the thought though, really appreciate it!!!! We will find someway to do this.

I sent a personal email to the owner of Auto Atlanta and asked him if he could help her. Waiting for a reply. I'd spring for the shipping $1,500 round trip. But at least they are experts and they would do it right. Hopefully he will give her a major break on the price. Waiting to see.
[/quote

Not really a car for a family. Maybe she should sell it for $4-5K (?) and if you donated the 1500 you are willing to use to send it to AA she could get a modern, reliable larger car. Btw, search on this board for AA.
[/quote]

Somebody would be willing to pay 4-5K not running????
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 07:21 PM
Post #23

nigolusa

QUOTE(Blue6 @ Jan 23 2015, 04:42 PM) *

Hey Nick,

I know of a long time Porsche shop just down the freeway from her in Whittier. I'm going there on Monday, will try to explain the situation, and see if he can take on a quick project. He's a great guy and very knowledgeable. As far as you know it's just an electrical and clutch problem? Dave

Good God that would help tremendously. She's been promised by many to fix it, they all flaked out. She's a soldier of life. She's fought 1000 battles. She deserves this small favor from the community. The only wish she has ever had is to see her car running again. Let me know. My email is: nigolusa@icloud.com. Cell: (626) 979-4230.

Thanks again.

P.S. She's very scared of mechanics at this stage. Let's not promise her anything unless it's real. Thank you so much!!!!!
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 07:23 PM
Post #24

nigolusa

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jan 23 2015, 04:58 PM) *

Oops I'm in Arcadia now dropping my wife to a church seminars. I hope I can find time later if I will be able to check the car.

The car is at "Strictly German" in Pasadena, sitting there for 6 months, not at her house. It's only 15 minutes away.

I have to go there and take it out via AAA or something. Will do that next week and bring it to her home in Arcadia.
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 07:26 PM
Post #25

nigolusa

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Jan 23 2015, 03:04 PM) *

Ljet is no trouble, it's up my ally

Thanks Timothy. I'm not sure how to handle this. Meaning do I take the car where it can be worked on, or do I invite everybody to Jessica's house. She has a new landlord cause she's renting. Have no idea if she will let her work on a car in the front of the house.

Have to think this one out.
+Quote Post
timothy_nd28
post Jan 23 2015, 07:30 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,154
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Can you get the car to your house? I can walk you through every step in getting this Ljet up and running. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 07:30 PM
Post #27

nigolusa

Anyone is planning to have a day of garage work help for the family to fix the car? If need an engine, I may be willing to share my spare engine (1.7 but looks like a rebuilt engine mix with bus and 914 parts). And maybe some parts than I can share also. And my labor if we can have a day of garage work for them. And my other suggestion for the family "although it's mother's dream car" is to trade it to a 4 or 5 seater car that will be practical for the family!

God bless this family!
[/quote]

If you're interested, would gladly ship it over to you. You can take your time her budget is around $1,500 tops!! Let me know. She lives in Aracadia, CA and I can rent a auto trailer and deliver it 100 mile radius.
[/quote]

Who or what is AA????

I would love too but I don't have a shop and not a license mechanic. I only fix my own cars in my residential garage and driveway.
[/quote]

Thanks for the thought though, really appreciate it!!!! We will find someway to do this.

I sent a personal email to the owner of Auto Atlanta and asked him if he could help her. Waiting for a reply. I'd spring for the shipping $1,500 round trip. But at least they are experts and they would do it right. Hopefully he will give her a major break on the price. Waiting to see.
[/quote

Not really a car for a family. Maybe she should sell it for $4-5K (?) and if you donated the 1500 you are willing to use to send it to AA she could get a modern, reliable larger car. Btw, search on this board for AA.
[/quote]
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 07:32 PM
Post #28

nigolusa

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Jan 23 2015, 05:30 PM) *

Can you get the car to your house? I can walk you through every step in getting this Ljet up and running. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Yes I am going to take it from "Strictly German" next week. Will let you know. Leave me your email address And I will keep you all posted.

My email: nigolusa@icloud.com
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #29

nigolusa

[quote name='nigolusa' date='Jan 23 2015, 05:30 PM' post='2137748']

God bless this family!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Who or what is AA????

[/quote]

[/quote

[/quote]
[/quote]

Who or what is AA??
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #30

nigolusa

Hey Nick,

I know of a long time Porsche shop just down the freeway from her in Whittier. I'm going there on Monday, will try to explain the situation, and see if he can take on a quick project. He's a great guy and very knowledgeable. As far as you know it's just an electrical and clutch problem? Dave

Thanks so much. If ever the community could help somebody, Jessica is the one. She's fought 1000 battles and still forging ahead.

Thanks again....
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #31

nigolusa

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 23 2015, 05:42 PM) *

Hey Nick,

Thanks so much. If ever the community could help somebody, Jessica is the one. She's fought 1000 battles and still forging ahead.

Thanks again....

Yes before it rained in the compartment 3 years ago or so, it ran great. After the rain it wouldn't start. Four people tried to fix it, all failed. When it was roadworthy, it ran great. Problems were grinding 1st, loose shift linkage, clutch fried, engine ran great. All the cosmetics of the car is not important. The mechanicals are so I can help her to go to grocery store, etc...
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 07:47 PM
Post #32

nigolusa

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 23 2015, 05:45 PM) *

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 23 2015, 05:42 PM) *

Hey Nick,

Thanks again....

Yes before it rained in the compartment 3 years ago or so, it ran great. After the rain it wouldn't start. Four people tried to fix it, all failed. When it was roadworthy, it ran great. Problems were grinding 1st, loose shift linkage, clutch fried, engine ran great. All the cosmetics of the car is not important. The mechanicals are so I can help her to go to grocery store, etc...

The mechanic at Strictly German suggested a carburetor instead of fuel injection since it is smog exempt. No idea if this is smart or not.
+Quote Post
timothy_nd28
post Jan 23 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

He's no true mechanic. Stay with the FI
+Quote Post
funk
post Jan 23 2015, 07:59 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 17,531
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 23 2015, 09:21 AM) *

Heh--Mendocino is a loooong way away from Pasadena. Something like 8 hours' drive, or more.

Any idea what needs to be done to the car?

--DD

oh I thought it said she lives in arcadia I thought that was nor cal??
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 08:20 PM
Post #35

nigolusa

QUOTE(funk @ Jan 23 2015, 05:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 23 2015, 09:21 AM) *

Heh--Mendocino is a loooong way away from Pasadena. Something like 8 hours' drive, or more.

Any idea what needs to be done to the car?

--DD

oh I thought it said she lives in arcadia I thought that was nor cal??

No it's Arcadia, CA 91007
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 08:21 PM
Post #36

nigolusa

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Jan 23 2015, 05:56 PM) *

Well he fucked up the Mass Air Flow Sensor, cut opened it up, left it out in the open, the rain is filled the plastic piece exposing all the electronic wires. Just sitting there full of water with rust appearing. What a bastard.

I told her she needs to take the bastard to small claims court.
+Quote Post
timothy_nd28
post Jan 23 2015, 08:29 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

I think you mean the air flow meter. Not a big deal, it can be cleaned
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 08:31 PM
Post #38

nigolusa

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 23 2015, 06:21 PM) *

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Jan 23 2015, 05:56 PM) *

Well he fucked up the Mass Air Flow Sensor, cut opened it up, left it out in the open, the rain is filled the plastic piece exposing all the electronic wires. Just sitting there full of water with rust appearing. What a bastard.

I told her she needs to take the bastard to small claims court.

Sorry we gave this idiot tons of changes and I know his game. He's waiting until she gives up so he can buy the car off for $500. Then he'll put in a 6 cylinder engine and sell it for $15,000. What a pig.
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 08:36 PM
Post #39

nigolusa

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Jan 23 2015, 06:29 PM) *

I think you mean the air flow meter. Not a big deal, it can be cleaned

Mass Air Flow Senor, that large grey piece with the small black cover. He cut the cover and the electronics were all exposed. Left it in the rain, the little compartment is full of water.

Not a cheap piece to replace I hear.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #40

nigolusa

More pictures from the past.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:56 AM