Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wanted: Engine Cross Bar Support, Cross Bar
post Jan 24 2015, 09:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,991
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a 1970 Porsche 914 which i'm installing a 1974 Porsche 914 2.0L 4cyl engine back into. I have the stock 1970 rear shift transmission. I just need the engine Cross Member Bar that supports the engine, which connects on both sides of the chassis. I'm not sure if there was a difference in the cross bar if you were using a rear shift trans vs a side shift 901 trans! Thank you
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jan 24 2015, 09:39 PM
Post #2

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

Yes the bar is different for a tail shift as well as the bracket that attaches it to the engine, the motor mounts and cross bar mounting hardware. I dint have a bar but should have the rest of the parts.
You are also going to have some issues with the shift linkage. The hole in the firewall for the shift rod is smaller in the side shift car. You need everything from the shifter on back. I think the ball pivot screws into the firewall of the early car. No treaded hole in the 74.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Hank914
post Jan 24 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 17,215
Region Association: None

PM sent. I have the tail shift setup.
+Quote Post
post Jan 28 2015, 04:41 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,991
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(91422.7 @ Jan 24 2015, 07:18 PM) *

I have a 1970 Porsche 914 which i'm installing a 1974 Porsche 914 2.0L 4cyl engine back into. I have the stock 1970 rear shift transmission. I just need the engine Cross Member Bar that supports the engine, which connects on both sides of the chassis. I'm not sure if there was a difference in the cross bar if you were using a rear shift trans vs a side shift 901 trans! Thank you

......*** Just wanted to say thank you for all the quick replys but one of the forum members Hank914 has everything I'm looking for at this point! Thanks again for your knowledge and help! 91422.7 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:01 AM