Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> who wanted the $30k 993?, make that $28.5k...
vortrex
post Jun 3 2003, 05:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4
Region Association: None

almost seems too good to be true, even with the accident/salvage. talk about an awesome track starter car! it's the white '96 993 listed in the rennlist classifieds on 5/31. the ad says it's 6500 ORIGINAL MILES. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
anthony
post Jun 4 2003, 09:31 AM
Post #2

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

That was me. WTF, that car looks like it has a purple interior. Chrome wheels, missing airbag, body kit parts - spending money to make the car worth less.

From the ad:
The car has a salvage title because of an accident at the dealership during a test drive in 1997. The damage was to the right front fender and control arm. I have owned it for 2 years but the previous owner bought it from insurance company following the accident and meticulously repaired the car.

This just sounds too suspicious to me. This was a $65K car when it was new so how could the described damage cause it to get listed as salvaged?

What's up Derick, how's the east coast?
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Jun 4 2003, 04:31 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4
Region Association: None

naaa...it's not purple. it's a standard grey interior. I've seen this same interior look this way on other cars too, must not agree with certain digital cameras. I'm not into the tech art stuff either, but it's not too wild.

I looked up the definition of salvage title and I also cannot understand how it got one. why would this person buy it back from the insurance company and then dump a TON of money into it doing major repairs if the car was always going to be stuck with a record of the salvage title? that makes me think the damage was not more than described.

east coast is...well...not SF! it's been terrible weather ever since I arrived 2 months ago. philly is definitely not the place to own a 914 either.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jun 4 2003, 09:23 PM
Post #4

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Take your time in finding the right 993. It took me 1.5 years and it was worth the wait and hassle. I must have looked at 100s of cars and ended up serious with about 12 cars which I visited and drove.

I ended up buying a car out of Texas sight unseen, using an awesome car broker out of LA.

Take your time.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:34 AM