Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any Interest in Type 4 Engine Rebuild School Or Tuning School?, My new training facility is finished, thinking about aircooled classes
Jake Raby
post Mar 2 2015, 01:36 PM
Post #21

Engine Surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Woody @ Mar 2 2015, 09:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Mar 1 2015, 10:53 PM) *

Thanks guys, the good thing about all my builds moving to the 2.4, 2.6 and 3 liter levels is the fact that we'll be telling it all on the 2270 and how to build one effectively!

I'll be handing out 2056 and 2270 engine combos to attendees during the 102 classes on top of explaining how to design your own.

Wouldn't mind learning about some of these bigger builds. 3 liter has to be insane.

Same principle as the engine you are building now, but everything gets more intense and critical. As the engine gets larger, the margin of error gets smaller. At 3 liters its pretty much non- existent. For any 3 liter to be effective it takes damn good heads with a ton of port volume, which costs the big bucks. If not, its just a big air pump that can't move much air.

For the class I'll keep it a medium displacement engine, more like what people will actually build for themselves.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
crash914
post Mar 2 2015, 02:10 PM
Post #22

its a mystery to me

Member No.: 434
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Wish you did this years ago...

Very short money compared to the cost of building a 2.7 wrong.. just saying.. not that I have done that.
+Quote Post
shuie
post Mar 2 2015, 03:35 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,075

Do you have the pricing and schedule info posted for the M96/M97 classes?
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Mar 2 2015, 03:50 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,419
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Mar 1 2015, 08:53 PM) *

Thanks guys, the good thing about all my builds moving to the 2.4, 2.6 and 3 liter levels is the fact that we'll be telling it all on the 2270 and how to build one effectively!

I'll be handing out 2056 and 2270 engine combos to attendees during the 102 classes on top of explaining how to design your own.

Hey Jake, can you elaborate on that last statement? Handing out 2056 or 2270 engine combos?
+Quote Post
Harpo
post Mar 2 2015, 04:26 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 13,469
Region Association: None

This is not in the cards for me this year but I would love to do this next year.

David
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Mar 2 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #26

Engine Surgeon

QUOTE(shuie @ Mar 2 2015, 01:35 PM) *

Do you have the pricing and schedule info posted for the M96/M97 classes?

The schedule will be released next week for all the classes. M96 101 class is an online class thats required to attend the Hands On M96 102 Engine Rebuild School. The online class is 875.00 for 16 hours, instructed in 4, 4 hour segments over one month's time.

The M96 102 class is 1,599.00 and thats 4 days on site here at the Training Facility, and most days are 10 hours long. Its a true experience.

Yes, during the Type 4 Engine Rebuild Class I'll hand out a 2056 and 2270 engine combination to all attendees.
+Quote Post
Skootnasty
post Mar 16 2015, 03:21 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 17,844

Interested, for sure.

Although the drive down won't be as bad ass, compared to driving down to Cleveland last year.

Skoot
+Quote Post
HAM Inc
post Mar 16 2015, 09:12 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 6,499
Region Association: None

Just saw this thread.

This class is much needed! With so many possible combos for the T4 there are more ways to piece together the wrong combo than you can imagine. I see this sooooo often.

Anyone planning to build one of these engines would do well to make the investment and trip. It's what you don't know that you don't know that always burns the diy engine builder!
+Quote Post
obscurity
post Mar 16 2015, 11:05 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 5,628

Very Cool idea!! I hope I have the money when the time comes to think of a rebuild. I am curious where the shop is located.
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Mar 16 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #30

Engine Surgeon

QUOTE(obscurity @ Mar 16 2015, 09:05 AM) *

Very Cool idea!! I hope I have the money when the time comes to think of a rebuild. I am curious where the shop is located.

I have built a dedicated training facility thats not at my primary engine building facility. The new place is 40 minutes outside of Atlanta, at an area off the grid.

I have set the dates for the class for July 18 & 19. There will be ONE in 2015, and I expect it to fill fast.

Do not PM me to sign up, I can't help you with that. Send an email to kaley@rabyenginedevelopment.com and she will provide all the details about lodging and transportation. We have the logistics worked out for attendees to the T. She will give you details about the hotels my shuttle picks up from, and will help you arrange the airport shuttle to get you to the hotel. Once you arrive at the hotel, we have the other transportation all worked out with our own shuttle to and from the facility.

I have decided to do the prerequisite class online only to reduce the costs for attendees to be qualified for the Hi Performance Rebuild School. The cost of the 101 class will be 599.00 and it will be 12 hours broken down into 3 sets of 4 hour sessions. All attendees who wish to attend the Hans- on class must first have the online training. This helps the hands on class flow greatly.

The Hands on Performance Rebuild School is 1,899.00

The class maximum is 20 attendees, we won't have a class for less than 15.I'll have more info posted next week, I have 9 classes to release at once, but this is the only aircooled class of 2015.

This post has been edited by Jake Raby: Mar 16 2015, 09:23 PM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:22 PM