Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dyno pull, Help
Jetsetsurfshop
post Mar 4 2015, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,907
Region Association: South East States

Doing a Dyno pull right now and we're having trouble getting an rpm reading using a plug wire and the positive side of the coil. Any advice?
Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 22)
craig downs
post Mar 6 2015, 10:02 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 5,189
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Mar 5 2015, 08:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Mar 4 2015, 10:30 AM) *

This will also occur if you have a spark plug thats trying to foul.. Due to resistance increases in the lead.

I keep an optical pick up handy for weird instances like this, or when I test a diesel. If they have an optical pick up, you can solve this issue in 5 minutes.

OK, some credit where credit is due; that was good, Jake. I get annoyed at you when everything is about selling or promoting and you're not actually helpful. But several times recently you've helped people out with information without doing any self-serving selling. That's a positive contribution to the community, something I both recognize and appreciate, so thanks. And something else of more practical importance, that's the kind of thing that enhances your reputation far more than the self-promotion ever could.

Good job.

Your always tough on Jake when he makes a reply cause you always think he's trying to sell his stuff. Well their are others on here that do the same thing and you don't go after them. I don't have a problem with people sharing what they have to sell because it does help keep our cars going. Otherwise it would be pretty hard to fine parts for our 40+year old cars.
+Quote Post
Jetsetsurfshop
post Mar 6 2015, 10:48 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 12,907
Region Association: South East States

I posted the numbers in the paddock. Feel the carbs are holding me back a bit. Take a look.
This is my second engine build and I've tracked it for two years now. Really proud of what we did here. This wasn't a unlimited budget build and It hasn't let me down on the track yet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Thanks again for the help. It was a six hour trip and I didn't want to go home with nothing! The plugs (and a new set of wires) were the big help. Jake, thanks.

+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Mar 6 2015, 11:40 AM
Post #23

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(craig downs @ Mar 6 2015, 08:02 AM) *

Your always tough on Jake when he makes a reply cause you always think he's trying to sell his stuff. Well their are others on here that do the same thing and you don't go after them. I don't have a problem with people sharing what they have to sell because it does help keep our cars going. Otherwise it would be pretty hard to fine parts for our 40+year old cars.

Not the case at all. I resent Jake's participation when he hypes his services or abilities but DOESN'T offer any real help. His participation back in the late 90's and early 00's was really as one of us, being helpful and making contributions. That was welcome and positive. Then at some point he decided he was revealing too many "secrets" (in his own determination) so he STOPPED sharing and the actual helpfulness in his posts dropped off to little or none. But this last post was different so I lauded him for it. As I said, credit when credit is due, but in fairness the flip side to that is criticism when that's what's due. For Jake or for any other vendor, exactly the same.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 06:13 PM