Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Type IV plenum intake manifold questions..., Why single and not double like the 911 motor?
McMark
post Mar 15 2015, 06:39 PM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

To what end? Why spend the time engineering? And how will you know if you actually made an improvement?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Mar 15 2015, 08:35 PM
Post #22

Custom Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(toon1 @ Mar 15 2015, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 15 2015, 04:26 PM) *

I suspect the 911 intake developed two 'plenums' mostly due to space constraints. I seriously doubt there is a payoff to the development for a dual plenum for the T4.

Also, IMHO, if you're going to modern fuel injection in a street car, one of the huge benefits is being able to use a single throttle body. Remember that any number of throttle bodies (more than 1) must still be accessible and adjustable for syncing, just like carbs. PITA.

Aside from variable intake length (VarioRam) and variable valve timing (VarioCam) most engine engineering developments are going to be of more benefit in the fuel economy and emissions department. If you're looking to increase engine output, as in horsepower or torque, stick to the basics. Displacement and forced induction. There isn't a fancy 2.0 that will compete with a 2270.

My Idea is more for efficiency, not to increase HP. I just want the motor to breathe easier.

The 1.7 is severely under aspirated.....IMHO. All the corners it turns to get into the plenum and transitions into the runners can be easily improved on.

Spend your money on new 1.8 liter AMC heads.
It won't breath any better until you fix the heads.
1.7 heads have way to much restriction to bother doing any supposed improvement on the intake.....
The exhaust port is the issue.
+Quote Post
larss
post Mar 16 2015, 02:18 AM
Post #23

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,787
Region Association: Scandinavia

Not that it adds wery much but this is my expetiment:
Dual TB

Lars S
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 02:48 PM