Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dellorto DRLA idle question
cgnj
post Mar 17 2015, 12:07 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 403
Region Association: None

Hi,
what style linage are you using? The crossbar linkage is lots of headaches, not able to return to throttle stops, and unequal pulls can cause the problem you describe. My first step would be disconnect linage and sync carbs, then go from there.

I currently run 34 vents in my drla45's, much better drive-ability on the street. I beleve there are 65 idles.

Good luck

Carlos
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
era vulgaris
post Mar 17 2015, 06:06 PM
Post #22

J is for Genius

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,629
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Mar 17 2015, 12:59 AM) *

Just curious what fuel pressure you running. Has it been measured. When the car is idling use a mirror and see if fuel is spilling over. Your description also makes me wonder how the linkage it set up. Sounds like 1 arm may not be returning to the proper resting position. If it's off 1/16 of and inch the idle won't come down with whatever . I would like to see a picture of arms on both sides pushing against the set screw.

I don't have a way at the moment to measure the fuel pressure. I think my FLAPS loans out fuel pressure gauges. I'll see if I can get a measurement. Where exactly would the fuel be spilling over?

I'll try to get some pics when I get a chance. I've got the push/pull linkage with the two separate arms the push outwards to open the throttle, and not the kind with the single big hex bar.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 11:23 AM