Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gracing the Green in a 914: The first and only appearance of a Porsche 914 LE Can Am at an Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance event, 914 LE Can Am at the Cars and Coffee at the Concours
oldschool
post Mar 16 2015, 11:18 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,705
Region Association: Southern California

It was super cool meeting all of you guy's,The guy that surprised me the most was scotty
I picture him a big fat dude with no hair (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)...guy can be on the cover of vogue (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
And Tommy love the disco pants I still have a pair. And it was great meeting all the people that hate Brad Roberts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) ....LOve you guy's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Mar 16 2015, 11:24 PM
Post #42

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(oldschool @ Mar 16 2015, 10:18 PM) *

It was super cool meeting all of you guy's,The guy that surprised me the most was scotty
I picture him a big fat dude with no hair (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)...guy can be on the cover of vogue (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
And Tommy love the disco pants I still have a pair. And it was great meeting all the people that hate Brad Roberts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) ....LOve you guy's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Nice Jaime. Just like family hunh?

Glad your're back. Man you are freekin skinny now...best thing that ever happened to you.

FWIW....I really liked the 918 pics. Thanks for posting Tommy.
+Quote Post
911buff
post Mar 17 2015, 01:02 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 17,390
Region Association: South East States

Tommy, first of all, I was impressed with your LE! I have wanted one (a bumble bee) since I bought my first of seven 914s back in '91 (currently have a '74 2.0). You have done an outstanding job preparing and showing a truly rare Porsche.

However, you do need to be careful about how you represent your weekend at Amelia. Although we were on the fairway (I had my '71 911T there, too) for the Cars and Coffee event, we were NOT part of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. We were part of a support event, much like the Carrera Cup is to Formula One. Although very entertaining and superbly organized, it is NOT a Formula One race. The Cars and Coffee get-together was a low key, non-judged eclectic mix of cars from every genre; from classic American muscle to European sports cars to Ricers. However, only a handful (I saw three) of the cars were on the fairway on Sunday. Even the gorgeous Ferrari 250 GTO recreation was not invited (it did sound AMAZING, though!!!). You should be proud of your car, it is beautiful. Just be mindful of what the Cars and Coffee is...and is not.

On another note, Painted Man, were you parked up Fletcher past Peters Point near the Beach on Saturday? We saw a cool looking 914 painted in the Falken Tire race livery. Looks kind of like your Avatar. Just wondering.
+Quote Post
somd914
post Mar 17 2015, 04:02 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I attended with friends in their concourse winning cars. They are owners who have spent years of their own time and large budgets to restore their cars, yet they are quiet about this at all events I attend with them. Modesty and humility are respected virtues.

As we arrived Saturday I witnessed an everyday C4 and C5 Vette pull in with us, I saw a 80's era LeBaron, and a somewhat stock NA Miata trimmed with much aftermarket bling. This was simply a cars and coffee, yet through numerous threads you lead readers to believe you were part of the concourse itself, and now you have taken on PR role to announce that Amelia is the premier venue, though the industry feels otherwise by almost all counts.

We attended the Stirling Moss Gala Dinner Saturday. Interestingly enough we were seated with three Porsche corporate executives and a writer/editor for Panorama. We had a bit of discussion about 914s. Though they were in attendance for the C and C, not a one of them mentioned your LE. There was a lot of discussion of the 914s that would be attendance for the concourse on Sunday, however.

I purposely avoided meeting you Saturday for two reasons, 1) your thread regarding help to get your car running for the show which you had deleted, likely to remove traces of issues for potential buyers which leads me to the next item. 2) Your flirt with Creamsicle of New Zealand about potentially flipping your much loved, "impeccable" car - your definition and my definition of impeccable are far apart after looking at your car.

I concluded from these threads that you are not a classic car enthusiast, you simply want a car to get you attention and potentially profit from it - I would recommend something with a prancing horse or a raging bull on their logos as these cars fit both of those criteria. For each their own, but I'll hang with my countless true car enthusiast friends who seek not to grow their egos, but seek enjoyment and personal satisfaction from their hobby.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Mar 17 2015, 07:01 AM
Post #45

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

QUOTE(oldschool @ Mar 17 2015, 01:18 AM) *

He's more of a GQ guy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Just trying to add some levity, here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Yes, a few of us have been thinking we need to a add a "Tommy's Creamsicle" forum based on recent events. However, you can just put him on your ignore list if it gets overwhelming. In the meantime, there are lots of other threads to enjoy!
+Quote Post
ripper911
post Mar 17 2015, 07:19 AM
Post #46

corde pulsum tangite

Member No.: 11,654

Reading through this thread last night definitely gave the impression that your car was on the concours with the museum pieces, which would have been great.

I'm loving the pictures of the 914/8! Now I need to find a 908 engine sitting around for cheap.
+Quote Post
ThePaintedMan
post Mar 17 2015, 07:32 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,527

QUOTE(911buff @ Mar 17 2015, 03:02 AM) *

On another note, Painted Man, were you parked up Fletcher past Peters Point near the Beach on Saturday? We saw a cool looking 914 painted in the Falken Tire race livery. Looks kind of like your Avatar. Just wondering.

Yup, sorry I missed you (and many others on Saturday). I drove my car to C&C, then back to 57lincolnman's hotel to repair his CHT. Unfortunately it took me far longer than expected and he and I made it to the Pier pretty late. But getting it running right was worth it. I had a great time either way and it just gives me more incentive to come back next year or get out to other events to meet more of you guys and gals. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
OU8AVW
post Mar 17 2015, 07:44 AM
Post #48

Yacht Rigger

Member No.: 9,601
Region Association: Southwest Region

Awesome pics, awesome to have it in the show, awesome setting. Thanks for sharing.
You do need to realize that we have all been the red-headed stepchildren of the Porsche world for a long, long time. It's great to see our cars get the attention they deserve, but we're still the same insane, goofy, wing-nut, sometime a-hole people we were last week before Amelia Island. If these cars go the way of the stuck up people who now own 356s and early 911s then I'll just sell mine and ride a bicycle..... There's two reasons I own a 914, the more important reason isn't the car, it's this group of degenerates. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
brant
post Mar 17 2015, 07:54 AM
Post #49

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

George is amazing! Fixing someone's car!
What a great example of the truly good reason to own these cars!
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 08:44 AM
Post #50

LUFTBRIGADE

Member No.: 15,092

I stated in the first post my car was there on Saturday at the Cars and Coffee event.
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Mar 17 2015, 08:44 AM
Post #51

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Gracing the Green in a 914: The first and only appearance of a Porsche 914 LE Can Am at any Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance
The rarest production 914 debut at the most prestigious car show in the world, where the 914 was celebrated in unprecedented form.

Tommy - this is the title of your thread. You seem to be making claims that you now dispute. It's obvious that you are clueless about the way your self important blathering is perceived. Get over yourself.

Your LE looks great in the pictures. You must have put in hours of time at the keyboard begging for help from this community to get it ready for the show. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif) Show some gratitude.

Oh yeah, besides the funky cosmetics, can you name one thing that differentiates an LE from any other fully equipped '74 2.0L?
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 08:49 AM
Post #52

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(somd914 @ Mar 17 2015, 06:02 AM) *

I concluded from these threads that you are not a classic car enthusiast, you simply want a car to get you attention and potentially profit from it - I would recommend something with a prancing horse or a raging bull on their logos as these cars fit both of those criteria. For each their own, but I'll hang with my countless true car enthusiast friends who seek not to grow their egos, but seek enjoyment and personal satisfaction from their hobby.

yes well you couldn't be more wrong. I have owned three of these cars and not one was intended to be an investment. my first car was a junk car as you can see in the pictures. my second car I had for 10 years because it was my daily driver. my current car is in nice condition so I intended to keep it. I am not in the business of buying and flipping cars. I have owned three of these cars in the last decade and looking for another. I would consider myself an enthusiast. And if I wasn't why would I have gone out of my way to organize some things here so 914 World members could all get together and enjoy our company and have a good time. I did that because I have the convenience of living here and because I am enthusiastic about this car and wanted to bring members together to have a good time. Which they did.
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 08:51 AM
Post #53

LUFTBRIGADE

KELTY360, so you have a problem with me being articulate. Too many big words?

I'm not making any claims that I am now disputing. You're just too busy trying to bash me instead of reading what I wrote which clearly is the opposite of what you claim. Pardon me for being articulate.
+Quote Post
BuddyV
post Mar 17 2015, 08:54 AM
Post #54

Robert

Member No.: 3,898
Region Association: Northern California

Nice car. I am proud to see our cars at this event.....

+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Mar 17 2015, 09:02 AM
Post #55

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 17 2015, 06:51 AM) *

Patdon me for being articulate.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 09:04 AM
Post #56

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(BuddyV @ Mar 17 2015, 10:54 AM) *

Nice car. I am proud to see our cars at this event.....

Thanks, buddy. I think the most impressive statement was that the concors didn't allow any other model Porsche share the green with the 914. I think that was quite something. And it was pretty cool seeing that row of cars that most of us likely would never have seen.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Mar 17 2015, 09:05 AM
Post #57

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 17 2015, 11:02 AM) *

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 17 2015, 06:51 AM) *

Patdon me for being articulate.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Is he asking you for a patdown? I thought you only got those from the TSA? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 09:05 AM
Post #58

LUFTBRIGADE

Yes, I misspelled pardon with "patdon" because I'm using voice text on my phone. Excuse the technology. So what. It doesn't change or excuse your intentions.
+Quote Post
MDG
post Mar 17 2015, 09:06 AM
Post #59

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018
Region Association: None

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 17 2015, 10:51 AM) *

KELTY360, so you have a problem with me being articulate. Too many big words?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)

You stated you never implied your car was in the concours. KELTY clearly has illustrated... you did. In the title. Of this thread.

Aggrandizement. There's a big word.
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 09:10 AM
Post #60

LUFTBRIGADE

Yes, it was at the concours, which is a four day event that includes several events. You're welcome to look up the website to see the schedule which I posted daily on the Amelia Island thread.

Look, if you guys are not interested in the LE then just stop commenting. If your sole purpose here is to gang up on me and try to make me look bad for other members it says a lot about who you are and your lack of character and integrity. And if that's the case then I'll just delete everything and stop posting pictures from the event. I've got tons of great shots of all the 914 in great detail. Don't ruin it for everybody. Just grow up and stop being assholes.
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:01 AM